Brexit - when will it end?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Brexit - when will it end?

Post by Grandad »

Politics aside, is anyone else totally fed up with Brexit?
In my opinion it has become too much of a political subject when it fact it is not political. Whether people voted to Remain or to Leave the EU, both sides contained those from all political persuasions so how can it be called POLITICAL?
I think that MP's are at least obliged to vote according to the referendum will of their constituents. Going further, the decision was a democratic one so any talk of another referendum is like declaring that you don't like the result of any competition and think it should be done again. :xx
Being honest, I do not fully understand all the finer details of the present agreement BUT it has been accepted by the PM and his negotiators AND the 27 remaining members of the EU so is it not time to accept it and move on. There will be some fine tuning but that can be done AFTER we accept the deal.
If we wait for every 'i' to be dotted and every 't' crossed we will wait forever OR get NO DEAL which would be the worst outcome and I am unsure what would happen to the Irish border with no deal.
Just me rambling on but I am a 'Leaver' and the sooner we do it, the sooner we can move on......

:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Brexit - when will it end?

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

We don't get alot of press or news here re: Brexit but lately we've had tidbits and one of them was postulating another vote.

What galls me is that we do have a Democratic process and it was a valid vote. Once the result is in it is almost like a recalcitrant child screaming they didn't get their way and they're prepared to tantrum dramatically until they do. Imo IF they're given in to the country is lost as complaining screaming will become the norm and pandering to the MINIORITY will take over.