Bombing at the Boston Marthon

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Bombing at the Boston Marthon

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Yesterday when I got home and turned on the TV there was breaking news of two bombs going off at the Boston Marathon which is an annual world event 26 mile run. As I watched the News detailed that 2 bombs went off close to the finish line well after the elite runners had passed and it was now the Charity runners/families/hobby enthusiasts who were in the area. Several more bombs were found that were not or did not detonate.

This morning the term being used is terrorist attack AND a terrorist attacked aimed specifically to hurt innocents and civilians. Am sure by now this news has spread to your own news networks (well it probably spread instantaneously)

Really sad commentary on how we're DEvolving. War is war and if somebody is raining bombs on your head I've got not problem fighting back but this new "stuff" (cause am not sure I want to even validate it by calling it a war) is nothing short of "very sick" and while these are not flowery words they do carry all the disgust I can muster. To attack innocents, to kill children - the lowest of the low, the vile, the contemptable really the scum of the earth.

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Bombing at the Boston Marthon

Post by Grandad »

In these days of instant live reporting we too were receiving pictures very soon after the event. I believe there is still an open mind about who was responsible for these bombs, Islamists or right wing national extremists???

As you will imagine, security in London is at a very high level right now with Margaret Thatchers funeral tomorrow and the London Marathon on Sunday.
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

The first thing that struck me was although quite a few people were injured and of course some died and more will probably die from their injuries, that it was less murderous than it could have been. What I mean by that is that the explosions did not look to me to be as powerful as they could have potentially been, so were probably a home made device rather than the sophisticated ones we have come to expect and I would not be surprised if it were an home grown group of some kind. Now whilst offering every bit of sympathy for the injured and that poor young boy who was killed, I feel I should also add this less than pleasant observation.

This type of device containing nails, shards of metal, ball bearings etc. is the hallmark of the terrorist bombs set by the IRA in Northern Ireland and the mainland UK during those dark days before some sort of peace was settled. Despite repeated requests by the British Government to stop providing funds to the IRA and its splinter groups by allowing fund raising under the guise of NORAID a supposedly charitable group which was in fact a front for IRA fund raising from the predominantly Anglo/Irish community of Boston, it was allowed to continue and only stopped after the 9/11 bombing woke them all up to what terrorism was really like. It was not Boston itself that stopped the money being gathered and deposited in IRA accounts, nor was it the people of Boston who stopped donating to what they saw as “freeing their ancestral home” from British rule a view that many still hold today, but rather an American government that realised what true terrorism would be like once it started on its streets. So while I abhor what has happened and my sympathies go out to the affected families, I do hope that the people of Boston now realise what it is like to be the victims of random acts of terrorism and the subsequent fear it instils. To be able to go about your everyday business, to be enjoying yourself with your family, to be happy and not living in fear of this sort of horrific event being a part of your everyday life, because that fear and a much greater death toll that occured over the years is what their fund raising activity was doing to people of the UK for many years. :(
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Interesting tidbit H. Never heard about NORAID before.

I get that there are terrorists who are out there actively plotting and planning usually in the name of some cause. I really can't put what they do into any perspective in my own brain. To sink this low, to fight (if you even want to call it that) on this level is completely reprehensible. Further I fully feel and believe that IF you are caught acting and are convicted as a terrorist you forfeit all the "rights" you get as a criminal. You're WORSE and extremely severe swift and irreversible consequences should follow.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Geez - watching the evening News to catch up on all that happened and now there is BREAKING NEWS that they're closing the Senate as a letter addressed to a Senator has tested positive for RICIN!!!

CRAZEEEEEEEEEEEEE times........

And I definitely hope security is high at both the funeral and the London Marathon this week.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Now there are news broadcasts that Ricin letter has been sent to the President.

Breaking news is that they now have a man in custody with sealed envelopes in his back pack. Might be the break they need or just a goofy guy. Will know soon.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

As I said LLL, suspect "home grown" in this instance. 8)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Well the funeral went off with only very minor protests within some parts of the crowd.

Hopefully the marathon will also pass without incident and the fund raisers raise lots of cash for their charities.
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm thinking given the Ricin addition that this IS home grown. Some malcontent who I hope is caught and subjected to the very FULL extent of the law AND subjected swiftly without all the perks of publicity, notariety and fame.

I'm of a mixed mind about 'needing to know' things. Sure I want to know the latest scientific breakthroughs, the lastest in technology - was great to see the guys on the moon idea - BUT BUT BUT - I hate it when these perverted creations of mankind are given full publicity and gain dubious fame via their heinous acts against humanity. Sad to say I'd love to see them sentenced to Evin Prison in Iran (which to my understanding is one of the worst in the world) and after they serve out their sentence are then further exiled to an Antartic Island and left to their own devices.

I really do not like it when the Media glorifies these ******** (putting it mildly but want to express my distaste as strongly as I can) and seems only to set up goal posts for the next level of criminal to beat or top. This says nothing for all the ideas this will give to all the copycats.

Good to know the funeral went off without incident. Seems Mrs Thatcher was hated by some but I see her as a person who did what they had to do for the time(s) they lived in. Hard decisions to make, am sure they were not popular with some but am equally sure the UK didn't need gov't in every aspect of everybody's life. I personally see competition and free market system as healthy. Way too many these days wanting a free handout and something for nothing off of my sweat and hard work.

(Geez am getting old and crochety - and me only retired for 6 months - just wait for another year to pass! :P :P )
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Can't argue with much of that LLL :up lets hope that this latest explosion in Waco does not have a terrorist element to it :(
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

So two brothers - possibly potentially radicalized muslim with Chetchnin heritage, making explosives, shot a campus police officer dead - just a sad sad commentary on human kind. One brother shot dead/run over by his brother and right now I'm watching on TV that the other brother is potentially trapped by police in a residential area hiding in a boat. Speculation he has explosives.

What a horrible horrible event these brothers planned all in the name of what? To be 'radicalized' by those with a perverted world view who teach and prompt others to kill. Incredibly awful acts by these two young men who, by extension, have forever touched family, relatives, fellow students an entire city and nation and again all in the name of whose God who would ever request or demand acts such as these? UNBELIEVABLE :( :( :(
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Sadly it comes as no surprise to anyone to read that they probably have a radicalised Muslim agenda, most atrocities these days seem to come from that particular sector. Quite why this extreme violence and random murders (for that is what they are) seems to be the sole activity of this particular religion is beyond me. The one fact that did strike me was that their uncle was on the TV and utterly condemned their actions and called them 'losers' and said they had done nothing for their religion or their community, he was obviously extremely angry and serious in what he was saying and spoke out against what they had done and the shame they had brought upon their own community. This was in stark contrast to this country, when similar atrocities happen here it is usually met with silence from the terrorists own ethnic grouping, no open condemnation, no high placed mullah voicing his disgust at their actions, no family members saying that they had shamed their family name etc. Instead we usually get silence, a silence that is interpreted by many who live here as being a tacit agreement by them of the vicious act that was carried out by a member of their own faith/community. So at least you can take some consolation from the fact that this act is not being heralded by others with the same belief and ethnicity as a laudable and legitimate act against the country that gave them a home, whereas here it would have been praised in certain sectors by people who take our shelter, our money and our good will, but detest everything that we stand for. 8)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The Uncle was angry and verbalized it. The father was equally verbal and ranted on condemning the police and other officials for targeting and going after his poor innocent sons who, as per dad, did nothing.

Now the discussion is about Miranda Rights. IMO terrorists forfeits ALL RIGHTS and the justice they get should reflect this and reflect it swiftly.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Human and civil rights are most often used by the legal proffession to protect the perpetrator of actual crimes and to deny us proper justice in return, in cases of cut and dried evidence as in this particular case, their civil rights should cease and sharp lawyers should be prevented from using them in court. 8)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Totally agree. In cases such as this where there is NO question of guilt I believe they should be subjected to a legal process but are given no legal representation whose sole goal is to get them off and use stall tactics. An immediate governing body is convened, the damage is assessed and a non-appealable sentence is meted out up to and including forfeiture of ones life. PERIOD.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

What happened to the Waco disaster ? All the first aiders killed by the explosion. Had a video sent to me with the fire going strongly, then an object in the sky hitting the factory and the enormous bang . What was that about then ?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

There is minimal here being posted about the explosion. The sole focus seems to be on the Boston Marathon incident.

The one brother who is in hospital with injuries to his throat area is now apparently communicating. They read him his right and are going to treat him as a criminal with Defence Attorney which means he will immediately stop speaking and no further information about this matter will ever become known.

Lots of discussion as to why he is not being treated as an enemy combatant - arguements being advanced in all directions. I favoured he be viewed as a terrorist and then be treated as such.

The other matter of the Fertilizer Plant exploding isn't front page news - seems the News Media can only focus on 1 tragedy (the one that sells more newspapers for them)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

AND now they've caught 3 more.......

Was personally suspicious that 2 couldn't have done all of the prep and now, as of today, it has been released that there are 3 more young men involved.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

So in going 2 years full circle on this tragic tragic incident a death sentence was brought today to Dzhokhar Tsarnaev as well as death to many others innocents of the Boston Marathon including an 8 yr old child and crippling life injuries to many others. Can't even begin to guess how the senseless acts by 2 brothers have gone out exponentially to touch thousands of lives.

All pretty senseless. Am sure those Jury Members tasked with arriving at an innocent or guilty will also have lifelong mental questioning particularly as, am sure, arriving at the final sentencing phase must have been extremely difficult. To consign a 20 yr old to a cage for life is possibly a worse punishment than death but taking a life is also unthinkable for some.

Personally I'm ok with the punishment as it has been handed out by the courts.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Maybe they could send him over to egypt and get a bargain job lot beheading - - - -