The new "Planet of the Apes" movie

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

The new "Planet of the Apes" movie

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I don't know the name of the latest release of the "Planet of the Apes" movie but was reading the reviews and it seems to be getting pretty good reviews. Has anybody seen it?

I remember the first "Planet of the Apes" movie with Charlton Heston (OMG he was to die for) and it fascinated me as did many of the following variations on the theme - evolution/devolution/distant relatives......I remember loving those movies way back when.

Comments on this one? Recommendations?

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Not seen this one myself yet, but I must agree that the original film with Charlton Heston where at the very end you realise that the ‘Planet of the Apes’ is really the future planet Earth after a global nuclear war has destroyed it, was very thought provoking at the time.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I really loved the ending of the ending of the first Planet of the Apes. Thought about it for a long long time.

I don't go the cinema often but am pretty sure I'm going to go and see this one. By all accounts in the adverts it seems to be a good one.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Film

Post by Jayway »

Hope you like it LLL. Not for me - false monkey suits and animated apes - totally unrealistic in my mind. Now, Harry Potter, thats so well made and the effects are flawless - - :) - - :) - - :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

ew - do you think there will be monkey suits? I was hoping for lots more realism in this one.......
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Film

Post by Jayway »

Did you see the previews on TV ? The "monkey" thing is ridiculous, seen more realism in the Adams Family Shows - - :lol: - - :lol: - - :lol:
denisegr

Post by denisegr »

I dont think its released until 14/15 Aug.
JOJO

Post by JOJO »

I watched it last night (on DVD) and it was ok.The Apes/Chimps were brilliant- the best yet but movie was pretty pox if truth be told! :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I know what you mean JoJo, I had one that kept scrolling across the bottom of the screen "This is for the private viewing of Mr Speilburg" in Polish. :lol: :lol:
JOJO

Post by JOJO »

Horus wrote:I know what you mean JoJo, I had one that kept scrolling across the bottom of the screen "This is for the private viewing of Mr Speilburg" in Polish. :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: the few Subtitles we had ie.. when the chimps were talking was in bloody Armenian or something!