Spring again (Part 2)

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Spring again (Part 2)

Post by Grandad »

Continuing where I left off in part 1, here are a few more pictures

This is a short pano of the west and north facing walls of my 'Courtyard' ;) With my little workshop in the rear. Can't do much in there these days, can't even see if a screwdriver is in the screw. :xx
IMG_20200527_103318.JPG
This is the packaging for those young Balcon Geraniums. They traveled well and looked so healthy.
IMG_20200527_163247.JPG
The instructions for the geraniums is to pot them up until there is good root growth so this is them after potting.
IMG_20200528_122837a.JPG
And finally a view along the railway trackbed. Really nice and green right now. I am sure it looked a lot different 190 years ago this Saturday when the first public loco pulled a train the seven miles to Whitstable Harbour. I am sure there are ghosts along that trackbed. :lol: :lol:
IMG_0003-001.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Spring again (Part 2)

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Looking good I was out all this morning shearing back the heather. Did one set last week and did the other side of the wall this morning. They do get scraggly and imo look niced kept roundish and mounded over. Probably should have clipped them back sooner when I first planted them but ho-hum done now.

I have a Korean Lilac and this is the first year it has bloomed. Not nearly as fragrant (some) as the old purple lilacs out there but short and showy. Flowers have been going for over a week now and no sign of stopping.

Hostas are all up and going strong. Watered them all this morning as there is no rain in sight but since they're in pots I have to water them extra anyway.

Picking lettuce, some beans are up but the carrots are really thin.
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Those pots look wonderful in the Courtyard Grandad.

We have a very sorry lilac LLL. It was tidied up a couple of years ago by a tree surgeon, he did say at the time he was worried as the centre of the trunks were all hollow when he cut into it, but we hoped it would be OK. Last year was exceptionally hot and dry so that probably didn't help but this year it has only had about 2 or 3 very small flower heads and 3 dead branches! We will give it 1 more year and see how it goes but not looking promising :cry:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Love french lilacs and I do hope your tree survives and comes back strong. Here lilacs grow in a somewhat tall, lanky, scraggly manner and will also send out lots of shoots. I bought a small one from a nursery about 3 yrs ago called a Korean Lilac. This is the first year it bloomed. It is a small bush and while flowers have a lilac smell it isn't strong.
DSC_1818.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

That is very pretty LLL. Mine has a few shoots from the bottom which I tend to cut off so as not to weaken it even more. Maybe I will let one of them grow on and see how it does. Maybe it can replace the original dying off bits, anybody any thoughts?