MEGXIT

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

MEGXIT

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

So lots always seems to happen on this Island and from what the local grapevine is saying seems that Harry, Megan & Archie could become neighbours with me........well I'm not sure yet but it seems they LOVE the Island! Everybody does who comes here and we're full of counter culture and retired people.

From what I'm reading it seems the Royal Trio might be coming here to live. We actually have a certain faction asking that Harry becomes Governor General........

Personally can't stand Meg, have had minimal interesting in Harry but 'hey ho' this is the latest "news" and theory of when & where are all the buzzzzzzz......

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: MEGXIT

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I'm not keen on 'Meg' at all, LLL, and this news has stirred up a heck of a lot of bad feeling over here. Shades of deja vu abound! I must admit to being extremely disappointed with Prince Harry and am more than willing to place the blame for all this kerfuffle squarely on 'Meg's' doorstep!
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Felt uneasy about her at the beginning, not happy with her body language (one of my favourite subjects). Wimbledon fiasco confirmed my unease and set it in stone when she watched the fly past with the Royal family, pouting when spoken to by Harry.

I think it's pretty clear she's an opportunist with no clear plan, not capable of actually making one. If something seems wonderful then she wants it, but bigger than any one else. She lies and manipulates with ease but I really do believe she can't remember anything she's done that would make an average person feel at least uncomfortable if not guilty. She is incapable of accepting blame. If people are not important as part of her current plan they cease to exist along with any plan which doesn't work. She really doesn't remember them.

I think her time is nearly up, there is an awful fascination of watching the speeding train of her ambitions heading for the buffers. Poor Archie.
Smile! It confuses people
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

When the news of their plans broke, my immediate thought was "Good riddance, I will come and help you pack". I resisted starting a thread to see if I was alone in my views.
I liked the young Harry; sufficiently far removed from the main chain of Royal accession that he could enjoy himself. He also served as a genuine soldier and helicopter pilot in a war zone; that put him way up in my respect levels.
A proper 'Blokes Bloke'
Then he met and became besotted with Meghan; already divorced bit part actress; and he changed for the worst immediately. One of Meghans closest friends has said that if things don't go her way she drops any ideas and friends in an instant. So Harry was not only infatuated with the woman, he pandered to her every whim.
If you want to know what a male 'wimp' looks like, look no further than Harry Windsor. I can't help but think their relationship is doomed, time will tell but RS is quite right, there are tones of deja vu.
And MD, I think you summed her up so accurately but on the body language issue, can you remember how for 9 months she was seen continually with one hand under her bump......even before there was a 'Bump'. Was she the first woman to carry a baby? She is always acting but that will be her downfall.
Let's face it she will never fit in with 'The Firm' so to live in Canada is fine by me just so long as they give up HRH and all tax payer funded benefits that their titles bring.
:gg:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Archie is a prop for her, when he was very small she didn't support him with her hands as we would, but always with her forearms even when they were at the Polo with William and his family. A lot of people remarked that she held him like a sack of potatoes. Harry looked the baby right in the eye in retrospect, soul to soul as most new parents do. I'll have a look through photos of her with Archie and see if she did too, I don't think so, yet it makes a wonderful photo opportunity.

She really made a big mistake in leaving Archie in Canada. I guess she thought it would guarantee her keeping control. She came to the UK for 3 days with Harry, but after he was committed to staying in the UK to sort things out after their announcement - without warning she left him to carry the can.

Her sudden departure will not endear her to Harry if there is ever any question during an argument between them of lack of support for each other - I don't think that he would accept that she missed the baby so much she had to return, after all she left him in Canada happily enough. Remember her going to the USA to watch a tennis match when he was very small as well?

Harry has a temper to go with his hair, I just hope that when his tolerance level with her behaviour eventually gives way the he doesn't thump her! Not that she doesn't deserve it, but the World would never forgive him and he'd put her in total control forever.

Possibly/probably when push comes to shove Harry would choose Archie over her.. People might be surprised by the idea that perhaps Harry desperately wanted a child of his OWN, his own living flesh and blood that he could protect from the difficulties he encountered in his own life. He has had several potential partners but none prepared to take on the Royal Role.

If I was writing the script for this drama I would have Megan, the 2 bit actress obsessed with fame and fortune at any price being the only woman who in Harry's experience would marry him to give him a child. Because when she was permanently famous/notorious and had her place in the history books she would be prepared to take the money and run, leaving Harry to bring up his boy in peace, possibly in his belove place in Africa.

:oops: Sorry for the length of the above. My excuse is I don't get an opportunity to have a conversation with anyone except the postman. :lol:
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Great reading from all of you! Thanks!
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I must say that her first toe in the water so to speak of challenging traditions was very subtle. I wonder if it was accidental.

She went bare legged in high heels and formal dresses! It took a few times before it was remarked upon. Apparently she was advised about the tradition of the Court but took no notice. As did the press. :zz

It is rumoured she uses fake tan! Shock horror! Is this because she is pictured sitting outside Buckingham Palace aged 18 looking very fair skinned? Or that she described herself on documents as Caucasian - which wasn't challenged? or because she is heavily freckled and has a glaring white hair parting? :o

Yup, I'm bored and there's nothing good on TV. :urm: My Apologies. ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Another slightly interesting tidbit - I live(d) on a very safe residential street when I first moved into this place. Then the Province moved in (about 1 mile away) free housing for homeless addicted street people and crime shot up through the roof. This past Christmas season when Meg & Harry were here in my town albeit staying in the "finest hotel" (as it was described) our crime dropped off considerably and now I'm wondering if it wasn't all the security the two of them brought?

I highly doubt she had a clue what being "Royal" entailed and even if she said she did understand it was in one ear and out the other with no real comprehension. I also highly doubt that Harry really understood what he was getting when he got a half caucasian half African-American American from Los Angeles California (uber uber liberal area to the point of being crazy) brought up with ALL the stereotypes, biases, racial issues thrown in along with how her own personality & psyche processed it all. You'd think by 38 yrs of age she'd have SOME idea of something? But imo she is a ditz - she can verbalize she knows and understands but I doubt there is any real level of comprehension and understanding.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Soooo, I thought the Queen's statement following this afternoon's Meeting was brilliant. It appears the equivalent of a Judo move.

It is perfectly bland. Nothing in it to weep, whine and rail against. I think Markle expected a fight but she didn't get one.

The Queen referred to them by their first names only, saying basically We don't want you to leave but if that's what you want, so be it - of course it will take a long time to arrange.

Yes! Exactly how long is a piece of string? I think before everything is finalised Markle will find she has been a Nine Day Wonder and now a middle-aged has-been with no credibility.

I don't know if Harry will return to the bosom of his family, but apparently the Queen has authority in law over Archie. Maybe Markle knows this and that's why she left him in Canada.

Divorce within the year? Quite possibly if she can get Archie to California.

Will she ever come back here? What do you think?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Here this morning our news is all about Meg & Harry (M&H) and apparently our idiot Prime Minister said Canada would pay for their Security!!!

Our News here reports that M&H are leaving the UK because William is a BULLY! Can't personally see it at all and I thought the Queens answer excellent.

I don't really follow or pay attention to the Royals but since this is the headlines of the day and since it is snowing here and since I can't get out anywhere I'm home and listening to it.

Yup - how long is a piece of string. Mostly if you just 'go away' and 'stay away' you'll be totally forgot sooner rather than later and you can have whatever you make out of life. Meghan is a one day wonder. She is only a two bit actress vying for the limelight and since it isn't shining on her her nose is now way out of joint. This will fade into oblivion soon and I suspect a divorce will happen at some point.

Our TV News this morning also reported that Meghan is probably now the most "loathed" woman in all the UK.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Bit of press naughtiness today. (Daily Mail my trash newspaper)
The Duchess had taken a plane again from her hideaway in Canada to visit a small charity - doesn't seem to have occurred to her that is not A Good Thing when she is "supporting" action against climate change .

The group she visited this time was actually called Justice for Girls but the editing made it "climate Justice for Girls" leading to comments about it being a ridiculous concept, of course.

The Charity is actually working to support girls who are subject to abuse because of laws or traditions which make them vulnerable, however The Duchess's interest in climate change was drawn into a conversation during her visit and someone from the group mentioned that it does affect girls. Of course in indigenous groups it will as they are cultivating fragile crops. It was picked up by the press and editing by mistake or deliberately Climate Justice for Girls was born.

If the Charity becomes identified as Climate Justice for Girls and ridiculed it will be a great shame for it's hard working volunteers.

Also nice to see a happy - indeed radiant Meghan making the most of the photo opportunities when she had previously complained frequently about press abuse. ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

She is here or when she was last here a couple days ago she went to a couple of the big women's shelters and (ahem) 'graciously' posed in the middle of street women.

No idea what she did, said, gave or otherwise - she just "visited" Women's Shelters and have mega photos taken of herself doing so.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LLL, she's an actress (or so we are told) and takes every photo opportunity THAT SUITS HER.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

I just haven't the respect for Harry anymore, the way he & her have dealt with every thing, I hope HRH is dropped & they be known as Harry & Megan from now on.

To think of the millions on their wedding & Frogmore they don't deserve anything.

I believe when she has got what she wants she will spit Harry out & send him packing.........oh how under the thumb is he :(
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

LovelyLadyLux wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:43 am She is here or when she was last here a couple days ago she went to a couple of the big women's shelters and (ahem) 'graciously' posed in the middle of street women.

No idea what she did, said, gave or otherwise - she just "visited" Women's Shelters and have mega photos taken of herself doing so.
Apparently The Street Women didn't get a chance to see her because her visit was at such short notice, security for both her and the women who had left abusive relationships couldn't be arranged. So Meghan inspired the admin staff for 90 minutes. :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

There was a photo of her and to be honest I thought the "women" she posed with all look pretty darn good - skin & hair nice, clothing good, everybody smiling. It was INTIMATED they were street women but now I'm reading this they were probably STAFF!
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Looks like you will have to put up with them LLL. Seems they will not carry out any Royal duties which normally means, representing the Queen. So no more HRH for them. They can now earn income from commercial activities so I expect they will get rich quite quickly.
They want to pay off the cost of refurbishing Frogmore Cottage so that's OK.
Big question is, who pays their annual security bill? Not the taxpayer I hope or there will be loud rumbles of objection. I think this puts them at the bottom of the royal pecking order but it would appear that that is what they, or rather she, wants.
No loss to us and more thinning down of the Royal Family is long overdue IMO.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The talk and gossip HERE is that IF they want to come to Canada and live they're going to have to abide by the same rules everybody else has to abide by which means NO WORKING IN CANADA (for a period of time - I 'think' it is 6 months). That is the latest word on the street aka TV News. Apparently the Powers that Be here are stating that if the Duo arrive in Canada they're not entitled to 'work' here if they want to be come citizens or residents.

On another note - our News is saying here that "Yes" Meg is American but apparently has an application in for UK Citizenship. What do you figure is going to happen with that since she is technically leaving? Or are they? Or or or or ??
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

@LovelyLadyLux
The way it is looking LLL she will not spend enough time in the UK to get citizenship. Harry can stay in Canada for 6 months per year on a visa as is the case for all Brits spending time in other commonwealth countries. My brother lives half his life in Australia under the same terms.
It really is looking as if H & M have been forced almost into exile and in my opinion it serves them right. I get the impression that THEY thought they could split their time here and stateside doing Royal duties when in the UK or representing the Queen. Well, they got a surprise because it doesn't work like that and as a result they are virtually on there own.
Harry made a wimpish speech at some charity event today that did him no favours in my opinion. Sometimes it is best to just shut up.
Still one big question, should they be allowed to use 'Royal' in their brand Sussex Royal. I think not.
Such a shame that this very popular young man has been completely swayed by the will of his wife who, I think, will spend little time in the UK. A bit sad really......
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

No I think Royal should be dropped & Duke & Duchess titles also , they want to go it alone lets sit & watch this space .