Abusive teacher video prompts prosecutor to order his arrest

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Abusive teacher video prompts prosecutor to order his arrest

Post by DJKeefy »

Abusive teacher video prompts general prosecutor to order his arrest

A video of a teacher in Egypt hitting and rough-handling his very young pupils, one by one, prompts the general prosecutor to order his arrest

The General Prosecutor has ordered the arrest of a primary school teacher who was filmed hitting and insulting his young students one by one.

In the video, which was posted on YouTube, a school teacher in the Egyptian city of Kafr Shukr in the governorate of Gharbiya sits at a desk with young children lined up to turn in their homework. As they reach him and open their notebook, the teacher glances over it and within seconds grabbed the student and hit them with a ruler on different parts of their body and the girls he would pull their hair and hit them.

During the video, the very young students cowered in terror, screaming and crying. There was the sound of laughter, allegedly from person who filmed the video. Three other people were seen in the room.

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Source: http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/12897.aspx

JOJO

Post by JOJO »

OMG - I'M SPEECHLESS. :cry: :cry: :x :x
Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

CHrist almighty , he is just a thug and a bully, i wonder what he would do about something he didnt like with a fully grown man or woman, his mate behind the camera is no better :x :x
You get out of life what you are prepared to put in!
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

This ******* should be drawn and quartered!!! Can't even begin to describe how angry this sort of thing makes me. Love to see this teacher take on Momma (me) or any adult for that matter. The only lesson this thug is teaching is might is right.

Hope he rots in jail.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Sadly I suspect that this is just the tip of an iceburg. :x

I remember being in Luxor temple a couple of years ago and a group of young children was being chaperoned by several teachers. The children were not misbehaving but, as with kids, a few were straggling a little. One of the teachers went back to them and physically beat them about the head with his hand.

I admonished him in the strongest terms and he just shrugged and walked away.....
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I am besides myself with rage :x this man is a pervert in the true sense of the word, he is deriving pleasure from the torment he is inflicting, my heart is pounding because I just want to take hold of this thug and give him a taste of his own medicine. Look at the way he inflicts his sick punishment upon the little girls, the more they scream the more he inflicts his pain, he is sick and so are the others in the room with him who do nothing, who is the hooded female who just sits there and watches like some crow on a fence at an execution? she should be protecting innocents against this vile excuse for a teacher, I would like to see him flogged, had that been my grandaughter he would not be walking for several months. :x
If the new Egypt really does mean anything, then here is a chance to prove it :) make an example of this pathetic excuse for a man!
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Couldn't have said it better myself Horus, this beast should be arrested & severely punished immediatetly!!!!! & the person making the video.

Put him in a cell with the parents of these children & I would happily join them to sort him out!! :x :x
Winged Isis
Top Member
Top Member
Australia

Post by Winged Isis »

As a teacher, I could only cry at such a horror. Sadly, it seems there is little improvement in Egypt's education system, as my husband and his friends and family have told me of many similar situations experienced by them and their schoolmates decades ago. They, as will these little ones, are scared for life. My husband was fighting hard not to weep as he told me of a similar incident with one of his teachers. :mad2:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

It does strike me as strange that in a country that outwardly seems to love children, that they tolerate this sort of abuse in their schools. :?
Discipline is fine, but anyone other than a complete cretin knows that the lightest of little taps on a childs hand or bottom is enough to bring floods of tears that may be needed to reinforce an important fact of life such as keeping away from fire etc. But this brute was not content with getting the crocodile tear reaction that is normal from any child that is mildly chastised, he continued to up the level of pain he was inflicting, even on a child that was obviously traumatised by this thugs persistant physical abuse. It will be to Egypt's everlasting shame if after this video is seen worldwide that it does not take the strongest action against him, or are Egyptian parents content to see their children abused in this way?
Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

I dont think any egyptian parent would be happy with this kind of abuse if im honest, but i do think that they also live in fear and ignorance that thses things happen in thier own schools.
Most egyptian parents look up to a scholarly person including the local teachers, therefore dont imagine this kind of thing happening.
The other problem is not knowing what to do about it, who to make the complaints to and fear that the child may loose his/her place at that school if mum or usually dad act on it.
If a child in Egypt looses its school place it can take months to get that same child back into the education system, it can also be costly as some schools are privately run . 8)
So in my mind its a tricky situation for all concerned, and by rights is a police matter, but it must be equally difficult to report this kind of abuse particularly now with so much apathy coming from the police, when you can find a policeman that is......................
Im sure this guy and his co-horts will be brought to book though as this shamefull act has been exposed in such a public way ..........the internet is a wonderfull thing :|
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Teacher

Post by Jayway »

Thankyou for the video Keefy, nice to know it will get posted all around the world - -
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

the internet is a wonderfull thing
Yes it is, :) especially as by us talking about it so openly, then someone in Egypt will be shamed into taking suitable action and maybe when they do, they will let us all know about it and we can applaud their actions. :)
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

‘Abusive’ Egyptian teacher put on trial

Post by DJKeefy »

Egypt's Prosecutor-General Abdel Meguid Mahmoud Thursday referred a schoolteacher to a criminal court on charges of child abuse.

The nation was shocked upon seeing the teacher in a video clip savagely beating 25 children in a daycare centre in the Delta Governorate of Gharbiya. The first hearing session of his trial was set for May 28.

The teacher, identified as Magdi el-Shaar, had been arrested and questioned by local prosecutors for beating up the children attending the centre, which has been closed down upon orders by the Minister of Social Solidarity.

El-Shaar, who could not deny a child abuse charge because the incident was video tapped and shown at the Youtube, insisted that physical abuse was the best means for straightening out children and teaching them specially after the January 25 revolution.

"Beating and corporal punishment are the best means for disciplining children specially after the January 25 revolt," el-Shaar told the prosecutors, who ordered his detention for four days pending further interrogation.

Police said that they had arrested el-Shaar in connection with abusing the children, who were filmed by an unknown veiled female worker at the centre.

The film showed el-Shaar canning the children on their head and hands because they did not complete a home assignment he had given them.

El-Shaar's case was the latest in a spate of child abuse in Egypt this year. "The children do not deserve this, nobody deserves this in post-revolution Egypt," a mother said. However, working mothers have objected to the Minister's decree ordering the closing down of the facility, which accommodates up to 150 children during the day.

“It was a very popular daycare centre and did very well in serving working mothers. Now, we do not know what to do with the children after it is closed down,” one mother complained.
But, she said that penalties for child abusers should be tougher. Meanwhile, the Ministry has sent a fact finding team to question the centre officials about the incident and write an appraisal report about the staff members working at the facility.

The Ministry will decide to re-open the centre or keep it closed depending on the team's findings and recommendations, an official said.

About two years ago, a male teacher was arrested an tried for attacking preparatory pupil with a stick for being late in leaving the school after the end of classes.
The teacher, who is serving a six-year prison term, faced assault charges for beating up the 13-year-old boy.
He smacked the victim so hard that he inflicted cuts and bruises on his body.
The victim, who sustained two broken ribs and severe bruises and cuts in his back, died in a hospital two days after the incident.

Source: The Egyptian Gazette
Winged Isis
Top Member
Top Member
Australia

Post by Winged Isis »

Except for that last tragic item, that's good news; thanks for the follow-up Keefy.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

An xcellent result :) thanks for posting it Keefy :D
And of course well done to the Egyptian authorities for taking this up quickly and dealing with this thug, a very good start for the new regime. :)
I can sympathise with the parents who are in between a rock and a hard place as they have to put their children there in order to go to work and support their families, so if it is closed down they will suffer financially. That means the parents will be reluctant to press for this to be taken further as it may affect their income at a time when things are not so good in Egypt, far better had they just proceeded with the investigation and put someone in place to observe the general behaviour in the school.
Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

I agree Horus , like you im glad he has been detained and will go to trial , im also sure that he wont take the can alone,he is a thug a coward and a bully his actions prove that, so the identity of that witch in a veil will soon be just as public, and she deserves the same fate !!
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Great ending and I hope this man goes to trial. I'm equally 'sure' this man is not the only one. I hope by making this public it will give other the courage to confront abusive teachers or any official who is deemed to be inappropriate.

I agree that the average Egyptian might hesitate to report due to fear of reprisal they can't combat and by reporting the end result loss is greater than anything they'd gain making them less apt to report but tolerate what is really going on.

I'm hoping that by making this type of behaviour public it gives ALL Egyptians the ability to speak out being confident their gov't will positively react and take appropriate action.
LivinginLuxor

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Strange - most of my teachers were equally as thuggish in the 50s!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Well it's OK to abuse the kids then folks :) We did it here 60 years ago :) so that's good enough for the Egyptian kids. 8)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Stan Stan Stan - LOOK MAN at what your thuggish teachers PRODUCED!!!