Twilight

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

PRchick

Twilight

Post by PRchick »

Twilight...the hot new movie...saw it over Thanksgiving. Better than I expected. Who else has seen it. Vampire love story. Who would have thought it.

"A man who has had a bull by the tail once has learned 60 or 70 times as much as a man who hasn't."
Mark Twain
Karenh

Post by Karenh »

Cant wait to see it ~ I have just started reading the book ~ was going to leave it until I was on holiday, but tv was so awful last night started the book instead! :D
A day without laughter is a day wasted :lol: ;)
Lisak

Post by Lisak »

I've just started reading the book after a few people I know just went on and on about it.
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Not really a mans book then? 8)
Lisak

Post by Lisak »

Horus wrote:Not really a mans book then? 8)
Its actually more a teenagers book, but is essentially a love story. So if that floats your boat Horus!!!
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Naaaaaah! :lol: :lol: :lol:
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

Probably not a man's book, no. My oldest just loved the books, however. Went through all of them in short order and tried to get me to read them. I'm not a vampire fan but my girls insisted I go see the movie with them. Their husbands did NOT go. My ex did, however, and I don't think he was impressed. But my oldest says the author is an excellent writer and the books go much more into vampire and American Indian lore. It takes place in the US Northwest where it is overcast much of the time so the vampires can be out during the day. It's an interesting concept.
"A man who has had a bull by the tail once has learned 60 or 70 times as much as a man who hasn't."
Mark Twain
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

It takes place in the US Northwest where it is overcast much of the time so the vampires can be out during the day.
PR, they should have set it in the UK then the vampires could have led a perfectly normal life. :lol:
HEPZIBAH
Top Member
Top Member

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Horus wrote:
It takes place in the US Northwest where it is overcast much of the time so the vampires can be out during the day.
PR, they should have set it in the UK then the vampires could have led a perfectly normal life. :lol:
[face=Comic Sans MS]I've just read The Evil Seed by Joanne Harris (author of Choclate) and that was about vampires, set just outside Cambridge. Life was fairly 'normal' for some of the characters in that. :roll: [/face]
Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

Horus wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mark Twain