Spring again (Part 1)

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Spring again (Part 1)

Post by Grandad »

Something to chat about other than CV19.
I have said before that I am NOT a gardener but we do like a few pots around the "Courtyard" to make it a more pleasant place to relax in. Nearly everything is now set for the summer including some tomatoes which, although only about half a metre tall so far, already have some flowers.
Over the last couple of years we have bought a few plants online. More expensive of course but as we can't get to garden centres it is an acceptable option.
Last year we bought two Canary palms that are now doing well. We also bought a Wisteria Amethyst Falls that is just beginning to show some flowers. There was also another Acer last year and a couple of Hydrangea Runaway bride, which are OK but I should have pruned them because they are very stragelly.
This year I have two Buddleja Butterfly Towers because I DO want to encourage some butterflies. Then yesterday I received a dozen Swiss Balcon Trailing Geraniums. These came amazingly well packed and are really healthy looking little plants. I have potted them up until they develop a good root and then ten of them will go into two 14" hanging baskets. The remaining two are destined for a blue strawberry pot with the side holes blanked off.
This morning I went for the short ride on the scooter along the old raiway track bed to the rear of our house. My purpose was to check out two nest boxes that I put up there about two years ago to see if there were any occupants. Unfortunately it is now so overgrown that I could not get near. But in the morning sun the pathway was looking very green and spring like.
Here are a few pictures, anyone else been busy in the garden.....we know LLL has from her pictures, but she has the greenest fingers of us all I think. ;)

The young'ish Wisteria is beginning to show some blooms
IMG_0002.JPG
The hostas and ferns are on north facing walls and seem happy to be in constant shade. So far so good, no slugs. ;)
IMG_20200527_094144.JPG
IMG_20200527_094207.JPG
This little wall at the bottom of the old railway embankment faces west and most plants do well there. They get sun but not all the time.
IMG_0003.JPG
With a limit of 5 drag and drop pictures I will continue on Part 2....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Spring again (Part 1)

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Looking GREAT Grandad
bigken

Re: Spring again (Part 1)

Post by bigken »

Yep looking the dogs 🙂