UN + Greta

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

UN + Greta

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Did anyone happen to catch Greta (from Sweden) speech at the UN?

I got only part of it and she actually angered me at herself in that how dare she accuse my generation? She definitely did not present as sane or sensible but rather a child who has been told horror stories by parents who shouldn't be filling up a child's head with all that is in there.

And today right now I see someone has nominated her for a Nobel Peace Prize!! Gimme a break. Have we really gone crazy?

A Soros puppet at best.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: UN + Greta

Post by Horus »

I totally agree, a child who has no experience or understanding of what she is mouthing off about, she is just a puppet and a mouthpiece for others, namely the 'Climate Change' lobby and who is paying for all of her globe-trotting activities? She has probably produced more CO2 in her short life that I have in my much longer one. If she wants to blame any generation then look at her own profligate throw away society, the one that wants a new mobile phone every year, the latest high tech devices, more foreign travel, designer clothes made in Asian sweat shops. They are probably the most privileged and acquisitive generation so far, now compare that to most of our own generations living conditions and acquisition of material goods, we were not a throw away society and we waited a long time to acquire the most basic of things. As to giving her some sort of Honour, well she doesn’t get it in my name, you only have to look at her scowling face to see a spoiled brat who needed more discipline as a child, Violet Elizabeth Bott comes to mind.

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I truly don't usually react to people but I found her abhorrent.

Screaming at me & mine "how dare you?" especially when she doesn't have enough life experience to qualify her for any ability to comment on anybody!!! And it definitely was NOT 'my' generation who lives in a completely throw away disposable world.

I fully believe that every generation did what we thought BEST. Hindsight is always 20/20 but IMO each generation adopted new strategies that actually made sense at the time. Innovations came about and 'at the time' they were adopted and included into every persons lifestyle as it seemed to be a good thing. Now maybe we realize some of these ideas really were not that good. Those that didn't work at all we have had the sense to discard.

All is all I'm in no mood these days to be lectured by an angry screaming child who has no idea what life was like growing up in a Canada where I had to pump and carry water, fish so I could have meat during the winter, grow a huge garden and then spend hours over a hot stove canning everything into jars, cut down trees buck logs and then later on split them so I didn't freeze to death. Noooooooo - how dare YOU and all those training you to be their puppet preach to ME about anything!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

:a27: Well said LLL
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I did not see her speech but heard her before her journey across the Atlantic. Precocious is a word that comes to mind to describe the impression she had on me.
I think you, LLL and Horus have summed up the opinion of very many people. Sad thing is that those opinions will not be heard and I expect she will be awarded international honors for doing WHAT?
:x
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Here there was/is confusion over her age (and I'm still confused) is she TEN years old OR is she SIXTEEN years old? Our Media is reporting both ages.

If she is 10 then IMO her parents need to be jerked up for pushing all those worries onto a 10 yr old to such an extreme and not provide her with a balanced perspective. It also means she is just a precocious kid who is parroting adults.

On the other hand if she is 16 yrs old then she just an abhorrent loud mouth who again has been put up to talking about something that even Scientists disagree on and I strong resent in the fullest sense all the accusations she spewed. Her accusations against MY generation are totally ignorant. Plus honestly the way "I" was living was much more geared to preserve the world than subsequent generations.

IF IF IF all the Politicians of the World truly want to stop climate change then IMO they need to take the bull by the horns and put a 10 yr moratorium on any NEW births. Stop the birthrate and drive it to ZERO for a decade. Then allow it reintroduced at 1 child per couple. No selective abortions re: male or female. Give us all 10 yrs at status quo to figure out what really is going on with no population growth as IMO we're out-breeding our ability to stay healthy in all senses.

BUT - there is NO Politician who is going to do this as IMO Politicians are all mealy mouthed 'yes' people trying to placate all the fringe groups, all the mainstream groups, all men, all women, all children to say nothing of corporations too! Means they say and do nothing.

Rant - end of (for today or for this moment - am in a mood to work into another one at any time AND not too sure why either! ;) :) )
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

You have a good point about a birthrate moratorium, unfortunately it is not the Western nations who are responsible as our birthrates seem to be declining, but rather the third world countries who populate the planet on a vast scale. Whilst the West could probably feed and cloth more people the third world are mainly breeding themselves into deeper poverty and dependance.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I agree. The Canadian birthrate is hardly maintaining which is why, the Politicians argue, we need immigration. I don't disagree we need immigration but I absolutely hate hearing we have thousands per month just arriving and we have no idea WHO they are, what they do, where they're from AND AND AND then we give them all thousands of dollars per month in benefits whilst our own Pensioners get $586/month to live on!!!!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Yes that last part is really rubbing salt into the wounds isn't it.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I read she was 13 years old. Silly little girl! No, I've just read up on her and she was born in 2003, which makes her 16. About time she grew up then! When I was her age, I had been at work for a year! Didn't have the energy left for political ranting.