Grandad, have you.........?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Grandad, have you.........?

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Grandad, have you had any dealings with Mobility Giant near Maidstone?

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Grandad, have you.........?

Post by Grandad »

@Ruby Slippers
Yes RS, I have. About 4 weeks ago I bought a pren owned Invacare scooter from them which they delivered in a couple of days. I didn't study the size well enough from the online details and it was too big for my needs around Canterbury. I discussed this with them and I agreed to try another machine which they delivered promptly and took away rhe first machine.
I liked the new one but on my sole journey into town I found that it had a quirk with the seat by which it would see to twist slightly. I was not happy with this and asked them to collect and refund. They collected yesterday and I expect the refund to appear in my account in the next few days.
The machines both arrived in new showroom condition although pre owned. My dealings on the phone have been friendly and courteous with no pressure to make a sale. All deliveries have been foc.
Due to my eye condition I am holding off just now but when I want to consider a scooter again I shall arrange with them in advance so that they can have a few ready for me to try and I will get a family member to take me to their premises at Sevenoaks.
From my experience they are a very fair company to deal with.
:gg:
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Many thanks, Grandad. Do they encourage visitors or do they prefer to sell from their website? I have been looking at their site for quite a while but I would prefer to try before I buy.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

@Ruby Slippers
RS, the best plan is to talk on the phone first. Discuss specific needs, budget etc. Then arrange an appointment to visit them when they will have a few suggested machines reavdy to try. This is all normal and if you talk to William or James, you will find them very helpful.
The pre arrangement is best because they have so many machines in stock and it helps them to make best suggestions to suit your needs.
Hope this helps. Grandad. :up

PS: Just checked my account RS and the refund of all my money has gone back. With my limited dealings I have found this company to be very true to their online claims about free delivery/collection and 100% refund if not entirely satisfied. :up
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Yesterday when I headed out I noticed for about the 3rd time a local fellow motoring down the road here on his 4 wheel scooter. I specifically noted he was driving with 2 wheels on the pavement and 2 wheels on the gravel. Both are same height but he was clipping along at a really good speed and the actual travel surfaces are not optimal. Point I'm getting at is is his scooter seems to be going quite well at a decent speed on less than optimal surface. He is somewhere in this area as I've seen him before.

If I see him again I'll try and get the make of his scooter as it sure seemed to be handling the less than optimal surfaces quite well.