What AM I doing Today in the World?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: What AM I doing Today in the World?

Post by Grandad »

Thanks for all your good wishes folks. Everything went well, I was first in a queue of five for today and completed by 09.45. Just had ro rest for an hour or so before having x-ray to confirm everything in the correct place. Then wifi set up and recording all my details on the pacemakers memory...magic :up I now feel like a dog that has been chipped :lol: :lol:
Some discomfort when the anesthetic wore off after a couple of hours but paracetamol helps with that.
Light duties with the left arm for six weeks then download data to check performance and if OK, back to normal. They gave me a copy of the consultants letter to my GP. I have said that the concern was atrial fibrillation. He note that pulse gaps were up to 4 seconds......OMG, it nearly stopped
;) :lol: :lol:

:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Glad you are all sorted now Grandad, was thinking about you.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad - WOW - up to FOUR seconds??? Geez!!! You were almost at a stop! Hopefully all will be onward and upward now.

I started out with the crew, went and bought my buddha for the backyard and ended up staining the front fence panels. It is an oil type stain so will throw on another coat tomorrow and I'll be good for a couple more years.

Was able to grab some groceries too and, on impulse, bought TWO watermelons. WAS a good deal but now I'm kinda thinking to me - 'why 2?' Ahh well - hopefully they'll be sweet when I eat them ;)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Happy to hear your sorted out Grandad, go slow , take care :)
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Good job done, Grandad! I'm sure everything is going to be fine.
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Very glad all went well & you didn't have to stay in.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Cold today, switched on the central heating, raining and cold outside, below 20C......but......it IS October, isn't it?
My computer tells me it is 14 August, that can't be right, can it?
Something wrong somewhere
:xx
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

The weather is pretty foul up here too Grandad, lets hope it picks up soon as me and my little mate are off down Wales again next week for a short break. I have also been tied up with setting up my (new to me) phone, nothing wrong with the old i-phone, but it was getting so that the software could not be updated any more on that model. To be honest it didn't bother me much as to me a phone is a phone, I have more dedicated stuff if I want to do anything else. I read books on my Kindle Fire or watch Netflix on it if I'm out and about or listen to Audible books, to be honest I do very little on my phone other than use a few Apps and make calls. The new one is a Samsung, so regretably I will lose the excellent 'FaceTime' feature that only Apple phones have on, but I can still use WhatsApp or Skype on the new one. The biggest pain has been putting stuff like my security camera remote viewing App and other Apps like my AA members card with breakdown assistance and a few others back on again, it's been a right pain remembering all those long forgotten Logins & passwords, but nearly done now. :a78:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

If u look at the colour of the leaves here you would swear it is end September or early October. Summer has evaporated and Fall has started.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Looking at our forward forecast we expect some improvement next week.
Kids go back to school early September then, as often happens, the weather will improve a lot. :xx

As for me today, I shall run into town (not literally :lol: ) to collect a few items. Just back to my three wheeler for now and will delay any further decisions until after eye appointments on 31/8 and 1/9.
Pacemaker is settling down with just a little soreness at night, pulse much better. My wife still has some back pain but I believe that is improving. Never really know with her, she is quite indomitable and keeps going...
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

At least you have got a spare battery with you now Grandad :lol:
Hope you are right about the weather next week getting better :urm: it has been pretty awful up here this last week or so, I don't want it too hot, just pleasant enough to walk Annie.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Yesterday was off having a CT scan done on the bone graft in my jaw and all is well so will be getting a tooth implant mid-September.

Weather here today feels like fall. The sun is out but not really dry summer heat. Leaves on some of the bushes are turning red & bronze so really a feel of fall. Planted a second crop of lettuce and it is coming along so hoping the weather will stay warm enough for it to get going.

Today I'm into the City to get a key to the back Trail as I've got workmen coming with blocks to fix part of a terrace wall. Not too sure if they're coming today, tomorrow or next week but I need the key so I can open the locked gate for their truck to come down.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

In response to popular suggestion from family tree members on Ancestry.com, I have changed my mind and ordered the DNA kit which should arrive shortly. Ancestry had their occasional 25% discount offer so that reduced the cost. I will finally be able to answer the question as to whether or not my maternal grandfather also fathered the illegitimate grandfather of a lady who made contact with me some years ago. I actually hope it proves to be the case because we have corresponded over the years and it would be quite nice to confirm that she is actually a distant cousin. I would be happy to learn that and it would help to confirm my grandfathers movements around the country in 1906. The other grandfather was born in Oxfordshire so there are mysteries as to why an oyster fisherman from Whitstable would be in Oxfordshire??? ;) :lol: :lol:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Grandad just check that none of your relatives are wanted criminals :lol:
Did you see the latest with these tests in that Police Forces were now using the DNA data from these sites to try and match up with any unknown DNA they may have as evidence in a crime. They use it to track back to people who may match your DNA profile, quite clever really as if they get a match from an innocent person, it may still point to a related family member as being the culprit. :o
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

@Horus
I would have no problem with that H. I think the police and other security services should be able to use any technology available today. We live in a Techie world so lets use it responsibly. :up

However, there is a current news topic about the increasing and widespread use of face recognition on CCTV cameras. I am undecided about that because I think it is too close to 'Big Brother' surveillance. I could accept it for investigating current events but I would not be happy if images were retained indefinitely. Jury's out on that one for me.

I am however looking forward to getting my own DNA result. It will be about 6 weeks and I have not yet got the kit which is coming from Germany. Better get it done before October 31 or I am not sure what will happen :lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad - That is interesting your kit from "Ancestry" is coming from Germany as all the Kits here go to a lab in Ireland for testing. I've had my own test results updated as they've had more info come in and I'm now something like 96% pure Celtic. Obviously the ancestors never left the rock.

One bit of trivia re: Ancestors - All of my relatives - Grandparents, Aunt, Uncles, Cousins had either Blue or Green eyes. Absolutely nobody had brown.

Today am still waiting for the Masonry Guy to arrive to start the back wall. I get it that these guys can't necessarily predict their time but I hate waiting and waiting and waiting. They're supposed to be able to start today so definitely hope so as this afternoon I'm out with Community Policing. Going to be at a local Lake registering bikes.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

@LovelyLadyLux

My DNA kit arrived this morning LLL. It came from Germany by Deutche Poste and the pre paid return label is to Ireland just like yours. Strange? :ni:

I returned the sample immediately because they are saying that due to high demand it can take up to 8 weeks. I have ticked the boxes for all the search options so hopefully there are no undesirable secrets to be uncovered. ;) :lol: :lol:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Look well if the police turn up for traffic vioulations whilst driving a mobility scooter, "the driver failed to stop on numerous occasions and would make his getaway down narrow passages and paths, we have been searching for this perperator for months, fortunately his DNA profile taken from a coffe cup has just shown up on our database" :lol: :lol:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Damn it! I never leave my coffee cup at Starbucks :lol: :lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today am waiting for Company to arrive from up Island. They're friends but also en route to the Mainland so we'll get a visit in as part of their travels.

Weather is totally blah. No sun but no rain but nothing out there that is going to entice me to go outside.

My volunteering day yesterday at the Lake was a good one. Got lots of bikes registered and also had lots of people with pets pass by. Love seeing all the dogs. We had coupons to give to the kids too that gave them a free "Slurpee" which is a drink with flavouring made out of crushed ice. Weather-wise it was super hot one minute and then a cool breeze off the lake next but was a fun day.
68470574_2519401384747846_4923840088267292672_o[1].jpg
We were at the Entrance to the park and actually set up adjacent to the boat launch. Further up the trail was an ice cream truck. Everybody went at 3pm for a cone but I was busy so opted to wait 'til I was done and then the darn truck packed up and left! DRATS! Missed a chocolate chip mint.

Next week I volunteer of an afternoon at the Vancouver Island Exhibition. I think the best thing about volunteering there is that once my shift is finished I get to wander about and SEE everything ;) (I think). I know I have to 'enter' through a specific gate so as to get a wrist bracelet but I will enjoy going to see the animals & flowers that are on exhibit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.