Springwatch 2018

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Springwatch 2018

Post by Grandad »

This years Springwatch will run from Monday 28 to Thursday 31 May this year. It will be on BBC2 at 8pm.

The presenters have changed and this year they will be Chris Packham, Michaela Strachan and new girl Gillian Burke. The very popular Martin Hughes-Games has left the show under something of a cloud I believe. It seems his role has been marginalised and there are suggestions that Gillian Burke is coming in to improve the programs diversity image.

I have seen Gillian on other programs and she is a competent presenter but I do think PC goes too far when putting such a popular and entertaining presenter as Martin in a position where he felt he must resign. Although often jovial and lighthearted, Martin is a very knowledgeable wildlife presenter and I shall miss him on the program.

That said, I shall as always be an avid viewer and I wish Gillian success on the program.

:gg:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Springwatch 2018

Post by Grandad »

This seasons springwatch concluded this evening. It was a good series bu seemed to focus almost entirely on birds.
They did say that for autumn watch the team will move to New England in the fall. That should be interesting and of course colourful...... :up
:gg: