THE WAY TO ADDRESS A LETTER

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

THE WAY TO ADDRESS A LETTER

Post by Kiya »

Well I'm not too sure coming from Norway ?

Roy received a letter today about some work he did in Norway a few months ago, thats ok but, the way it is adressed is so different as

Surname then Christian names in full
Street name then number
Postcode then town

then Storbritannia this is a first I've seen it written this way...................infact the whole is back-front ;)

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: THE WAY TO ADDRESS A LETTER

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Years and years ago I had for a very short time - 2 weeks - an exchange student from Finland. He had collected post cards and was happily mailing them home. I believe where he wrote the "home" address/my address he then put a score line through it to indicate it was not the address the post card was to be sent to.

Interesting way to write addresses though.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Hardly surprising Kiya, the whole of Scandanavia is weird, weird people, weird habits, weird languages, weird TV programmes and weird food to name but a few. :tk
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

But the top five best countries to live in followed by Canada. ;) :lol: So perhaps it is we who have got it all wrong :lol:
:gg:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

And some of the most expensive to live in too :o
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

All things are relative though Kiya. If you lived and worked there you would have an income to meet their costs that seem expensive to us. But turn it around. What would the average Egyptian think of costs in the UK, the same as Roys thoughts on Scandanavia I have no doubt.
As Canada is sixth in the list, and from what we know via discussions with LLL, I could be very attracted to going to live in Canada. :up :lol:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Yes Grandad.......very true thinking on it :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Its all relative, it just depends on what your own criteria for best actually is. ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

My criteria and I'm not just touting Canada - clean water and lots of it, minimal pollution, crime free, easy drives (not lots of traffic 'cept in the big big city areas), no really rigid rules (we have lots of them but there are efforts to make them fair for everybody), social supports in place, lots of parks and open areas and most importantly we do seem to be pretty tolerant. Everybody can do their own thing but we don't have lots of 'rules' like some countries where it is conform or else.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I was all set to emigrate to Canada when my boss proposed. :oops:
Smile! It confuses people
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:My criteria and I'm not just touting Canada - clean water and lots of it, minimal pollution, crime free, easy drives (not lots of traffic 'cept in the big big city areas), no really rigid rules (we have lots of them but there are efforts to make them fair for everybody), social supports in place, lots of parks and open areas and most importantly we do seem to be pretty tolerant. Everybody can do their own thing but we don't have lots of 'rules' like some countries where it is conform or else.
That all says why Canada is so high on the list LLL. And from what I understand, property is much more sensibly priced than here in the UK. We have reached a situation where it is unlikely that young people today will EVER be able to own their own home. We are fast becoming a 'rental' society again. :lol:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Thank fully " with the help to buy scheme" my daughter & son-in-law watch at this moment their first detached home being built, they will move in on August hopefully :) :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Well I suppose someone has to say it "I like living where I do now and cannot think of anywhere else I would want to be" :up
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

It's people rather than places that pull me every which way. :?

For a round the year ideal environment I like Santa Eulalia del Rio in Ibiza. Not too hot or cold, only tourists for 6 months of the year, no night clubs, lovely beaches and mountainous scenery.

Except when the hamasin blows in the spring for 50 days, I like Luxor. I can tolerate the heat, just start the day really early.

I'm currently in Cardiff which I like very much. The air is clean but then it is washed pretty frequently by persistent rain - most of the houses near here have some sort of plant life growing out of the bricks or tiles which shows how wet it is. 8)
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

About this time of year most everything has a green sheen to it in my neck of the woods. Having lived on the west coast I'm used to it but as I get old(er) it sometimes seems harder and harder to take.

Housing prices are extremely high where I live. It is 'on the coast' which buffers the heat of summer and the 6+ feet of snow in winter. Although I complain of the wet it is usually a pretty decent place to live compared to many of the other regions of Canada. The prices of homes is also reflected by the area of Canada you live in too. The city of Vancouver which is 35miles across the ocean away from me is considered the MOST expensive city in the world.

I actually just saw on the Ferry to the USA some condo's that were being touted to tourists for between $5000,000 to $800,000. Granted they have a good view but they're probably postage stamp size. If you travel back to the prairies land is much more reasonably price but it is almost barren desert type land. Well into the minus 30 & 40ies F in the winter and easily reaches 100F+ degrees in summer. In Eastern Canada you'd better know how to speak French and abide by their own laws that are different i.e. ALL rentals come up for renewal ONLY on July 1st (or some such silly rule) so you have everybody moving on the same day of the year. You can rent and move on other days of the year but you have to locate renters who are prepared to take over your lease and meet all the obligations you established. BUT housing prices are cheaper.