We're Attacked!!!! Canada that is!

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

We're Attacked!!!! Canada that is!

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

OMG just turned on this news and the Canadian Parliament in Ottawa is shut down!!!!

Apparently our Parliament is in lock down as a number of shooters have attacked the building.

We've got our Prime Minister out and he is safe, lots of gunfire in the House of Commons (our center for freedom and democracy) and everything in chaos right now........

More to come ........... riveted to the TV right now.......

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: We're Attacked!!!! Canada that is!

Post by Horus »

Reading about it right now LLL, are you taking any bets on who is resposible?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm seeing several possibilities - could be a known homegrown nut who has finally cracked, could be a Separatist (Quebec separatist) who wants Quebec to separate from the rest of Canada or it could be one of the mega Middle Eastern persons who live there who are engaging in a jihad aka terrorist attack.

I'm saying "a" indicating 1 person but I'm not yet sure if it is ONE person or a bunch. Seems to be more than 1.

Just hearing on the News (USA News) that Canada is tracking about 90 people who have possibly become radicalized. Apparently we just passed some new laws as there have been quite a few who have left Canada to go and fight FOR IS.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

This is a statement from RCMP - "First there was a fatal shooting at our War Memorial of a soldier. What followed was another shooting incident at Parliament Hill. One male suspect/gunman now deceased."

Other discussion of having resources, requesting witnesses to come forward, trying to figure out if there are other suspects or gunmen. Now the Q&A .....
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

The live events were broadcast here LLL and initially they were talking about one gunman who had wounded one of the guards at the entrance to the parliament and had then been shot and killed inside the building. It was not known at that time if he was a loner or if there were others involved......hopefully just a loner.
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

It is a couple hours later now than my first post but nothing else definitive has been broadcast here. I'm off watching TV now for a few hours as I have a feeling this will continue for the rest of today and into tomorrow but the latest I've heard is that they don't know for sure if was a lone shooter or several.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

It is all hot news here LLL. Apparently the soldier at the National Memorial died from his injuries. The gunman has been named and is said to be a Canadian convert to islam ofAlgerian decent but this is unconfirmed. Indications of Islamic sympathiser?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Gee am feeling rather - well - not too well. It is now early evening here and I've had an email from a cousin who works with the Mom of the young soldier who was killed. She (my cousin) is in shock, extreme distress and the family is in extreme distress that their unarmed son standing ceremonially at the War Memorial was killed in this fashion.

It was our Sergeant at Arms who killed the shooter. Apparently our Gov't has seized the passport of this shooter as he was a known commodity.

Thank Heavens our Prime Minister has declared this a TERRORIST attack right away. At least we didn't waffle about on that.

What is the most tragic for me is that it seems being a Jihadist now is now a cool thing to be.

Gotta have a cup of tea and relax...............(and think)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

We have previously commented LLL, that these fanatics can be anywhere, at work, on a bus, or right next door. With sympathy to your cousin's friend, that dispels the saying 'it couldn't happen to me'. Sadly it could happen to anyone. We, and our security agencies, simply have to be even more on our guard.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

The main qualification for a Jihadist is to first have your spine removed and then your guts, spineless and gutless seems to be the common denominator. "Look at me, I'm a Jihadist! I kill unarmed men women and children in the name of god" Lets just hope that his 72 year old virgin is worth the effort..................... scumbag :x
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I can understand if you were born into extreme poverty in the desert to a huge family that scraped by every day with minimal quality of life and no perceived chance to escape you would be angry and would be very willing to move heaven and earth to change so as to give yourself a chance in life BUT to do this via attacking innocent people is totally reprehensible.

These so called Jihadists coming from HERE are not the disenfranchised. They are not the downtrodden. They are young men who are educated and adopting a cause and tactics that are nothing short of cowardly and heinous.

IMO these men need to be rounded up and trucked off to an island in the far north of Canada. They can create their own lives there, worship their own gods and do whatever they want IF they can survive and in my estimation to survive means their god will definitely have to be super benevolent and they'll have to commit 23 hours a day to make their miserable lives a mere existence. :xx :xx :xx :xx

On another note - in Ottawa, the Capital of Canada, where this young man was murdered his was only the FIFTH murder in this city since it came into being. We are very peaceful here. I believe I can say this has taken the innocence of our country.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

The whole ethos of this lunatic branch of Islam is to denegrate and destroy our way of life and substitute it with a backward and barbaric sub culture that has it's origins in the dark ages, let it stay where it belongs in the deserts of the Middle East. 8)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Hopefully this entire Jihadist mentality will remain in the deserts of the Middle East however given they are calling out to any Muslim anywhere to join them and given that many young men seem to be radicalizing it could definitely impact and disrupt the freedoms and lifestyles we enjoy. This radical fundamental way of thinking is, interestingly, dependent on many of the advances (technology, cyber world, weaponry, oil and how it is mined/extracted from the earth etc) to keep its message going out to the Muslim world.

I think this new brutal mentality must be met with extreme sanction that stops it. I don't see how negotiation and compromise is going to work and that is based on THEIR philosophy not ours.

IMO the radicalized Muslims needs to be met with severe harsh punishment that will definitely give young men pause to really think what their joining the ranks of IS will mean to their life should they join up or join in.