Malaysian Flight

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Malaysian Flight

Post by Grandad »

After more than three weeks and many thousands of miles searched, there is still no evidence of flight MH370.
With hindsight it would have perhaps been better if the satellite sightings had been kept secret at least until search ships and aircraft had been able to get to the possible areas.
Although the Chinese people seem to be intolerant and irrational, I can understand their frustration when things are changed on flimsy evidence giving them hope, only to be dashed when 'new possible evidence' is found in a new location.
I believe it is becoming more and more unlikely that the remains of the aircraft will ever be found.....even if some debris surfaces, with the currents over the weeks and the depth of the ocean it could still be an impossible task.
As an Australian Airforce officer so aptly put it, "We are not just looking for a needle in a haystack, we have not yet located the haystack"

:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

As an aside (and I find this a bit hard to believe) nobody in Trinidad seems to have heard anything at all about Malaysian flight and I've had no updates on it for the past week.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Still as much a mystery as ever, perhaps even more so???
Still nothing found and now a squadron of aircraft searching every day from many countries plus ships now in the area. All that has been found is the usual seaborne flotsam, floats, fishing nets and the like but no MH370 debris........
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

I get "conspiracy theories" on one of my pages, mostly funny - :lol: the leading one about 370 is . . . . Aboard the flight were 4 members of a consortium, the 5th stayed in USA. A short while after the flight was declared missing, the 5th member transferred all the whatevers to himself. His name is Rothschild ?
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

So the Chinese are reporting the detection of a 'ping', they say of the same frequency as a flight recorder. Why is it that I am a little suspicious that after two weeks of extensive searching by sea and air, it is the Chinese who report the first hopeful indication?

We know that the batteries have a life limited to little over 30 days. We also know that the majority of the passengers were Chinese. Could it be that in a few days the Chinese will declare that the signal has now been lost, batteries exhausted, and that the ocean is so deep that any hope of finding the aircraft is now lost.

I know that is cynical but the Chinese relatives of the missing have been very impatient for news and such a scenario could bring closure to the disaster.

In my heart of hearts I still do not believe that the aircraft will ever be found. I would like to think that I could be wrong.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I must say I have been amazed at the behaviour of the relatives of those onboard the lost plane, hysterical is to small a word to describe their behaviour, I do not think I have seen such displays of emotion on any air crash before, they certainly have gone overboard in my opinion including the Chinese government. China Airlines is probably the most crash prone airline in the world and their safety record is abysmal, so why all the rants from them? also in a country that kills more of it's own people in public executions every year why are they pointing an accusing finger at everything and everyone? And what good comes of relatives going all the way to Australia and when they step off the plane they start ranting and demanding their relatives are returned? It all seems so staged and false to me, grieve yes! but continually wailing and ranting is just showing how backwards the general population of China actually is and how it totally lacks any understanding of the real world and how to conduct yourself in it.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Just back and watching 'News' this morning and catching up on it all. A little surprised there still is no evidence found at all of this flight. Curiouser and curiouser. Am a bit too tired and jet lagged to really think too much about all this but honestly I'm starting to think that this Jet is parked in Karachi and/or some other far away location. Am becoming more and more skeptical that it crashed anywhere.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Welcome back LLL, hope you had a good holiday :up looking forward to hearing about your trip .................. and .................... some piccies :)
Regarding the flight, it seems fairly certainl now that they are getting signals from the black box or flight recorder, or maybe even both so the search area is narrowing every day, but still a bit strange that no wreckage has been spotted yet. :ni:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Back but incredibly tired. Should be kicked back by tomorrow into my regular self.

It was interesting that Trinidad TV & newspapers had NO interest in the coverage of Malaysian flight at all. My friends had heard remotely about this but not at all to the same level we've had.

I'm sure soon as I watch the evening news here I'll get totally filled in on what is happening. Interesting they've found 'pings.' Be nice to get some answers to this mystery so the entire matter can be put to bed (speaking of which - sure sounds good!)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

So it now looks as if the flight recorder/voice recorder batteries have exhausted. Now begins an incredible search by sonar with a submersible vehicle. What a huge task that is. I still find it unbelievable that no wreckage or debris has been found.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I haven't heard (yet) but am sure somebody somewhere will tally up the cost of this search. Not sure I want to ever hear the final total cost but it much be astronomical. Am starting to wonder when this search will ever be called off or if it ever really will. Don't think we can stop yet 'just in case' there are survivors somewhere on a remote island and I definitely hope if there are they're not suffering.

Given the 'no debris' I've started to seriously think that this was a deliberate hi-jacking. The passengers were denied oxygen and expired in plane. The plane was then flown to wherever it is now and landed - unless it really was scooped by aliens! :? :?

Seriously my thoughts have gone to a planned hijacking that didn't have a favourable ending for the passengers.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

I still think they all are at the bottom of an ocean somewhere !
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

They did find an oil slick that was not from a ship and they are still analysing it to see if it is aviation fuel.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Just realized that since I've returned I haven't heard word one about the search for this missing Malaysian flight. Anybody have any updates? Are they still looking? Have they found anything? Any new theories?
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LLL, the 'pings' stopped and it was assumed the batteries had died. They had reduced the search area and the last news was that they (Australia I believe, with other international assistance) would completely map the seabed to search for the actual aircraft.
Still very much a mystery though because no debris has been found that can be positively associated with the aircraft.
I think the mapping will takes many months or even a year.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Ahhh thanks for the update. Just realized I hadn't heard anything anymore about it and then "WOW" I can't imagine mapping the bottom of the ocean. Probably will take years..........heck I heard on the news today that somebody thinks they might have finally found Christopher Columbus' ship off the coast of Haiti!! My point is I guess we'll find out one day.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I must say that all this business with the Malaysian flight has made me ultra aware of the torment people must go through when their loved ones just walk out of their lives and are never seen or heard of again. :(
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@RS - I can't imagine anything more absolutely tragic than the anguish a parent must go through losing a child. To have a child or loved one suddenly vanish has to impart horrendous extreme pain. The not knowing is something our minds just can't comprehend. The pain is too great and we just can't absorb that much not knowing and I think it is even harder when there is nothing we can do. Tragic.

With the recent tragedy in Korea when the Ferry carrying hundreds of school kids sank and the parents were getting text messages from their children saying they were trapped underwater - I just cannot comprehend the horror those parents felt at getting those messages and then knowing their children were trapped and going to die and there was nothing they could do to save them......

Words really are not sufficient to describe.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Finally the flight data has been released! Hopefully this new info will provide some clues.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

No doubt we will eventually get to know waht happened, but it could be e few years yet until they come across some real evidence.