Malaysian Flight

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Re: Malaysian Flight

Post by Jayway »

My TV said the mobile phones were still ringing - explain this please? Mine never rang again when I lost it in the stream. :?

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Jay, the ringing you hear if you call a number is the tone generator at the exchange NOT the actual phone. If there is no reply the exchange will normally switch to the messaging service. Even if your contacts' phone battery is dead, you will still hear the ringing tone.
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Just watching the morning news and apparently the Chinese debris photo isn't the plane. This has lead the talking heads of this morning to speculate that they're only speculating. They're not ruling out terrorism but are also not picking up any leads or confirmed evidence that it could be terror. Apparently lots of investigators are tracking down and following mega leads but nothing more is said. Seems the US doesn't like that the Malaysians are so slow in giving them information so they can jump on it.

I do kinda wonder myself if 'everybody' (in the world) seems to be investigating this how ANY information is being properly vetted. Seems like everybody has a finger in the pie which could be turning this investigation into a mucky mess. I definitely hope SOME (and preferably ONE) entity is in charge of the investigation and is carefully looking at any and all evidence that is forthcoming.

Six days and counting and I can imagine the relatives of the people on the plane are going crazy with grief and the need to know.

My own thinking tends to go in 2 directions: 1) massive immediate catastrophic explosion that has left nothing OR 2) somebody deliberately turned OFF all the transponders and the plane has landed 'somewhere' and all are being held hostage.

Am tending to prefer #2 as it leaves hope all on the plane are OK.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Hmmm - just heard the US Navy is now going to move into the INDIAN OCEAN to continue the search!

WOWWWWWW!!!!

If they are going to search that far it suggests that this plane flew for HOURS after all of the transponders stopped broadcasting. That is definitely a HUGE area! This also means the plane few OVER Indonesia. Interesting they didn't notice or see the plane on their radar.

It also implies to me that if the US Navy is going to go searching that far they MUST have an inkling of something. OR they're just amped up on "US saves the Day" rhetoric and are cowboying it around the world.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Indonesia LLL? Have you looked at your globe lately? ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Ooops! I said Indonesia! ;) UGH!!! No I think I meant Thailand .............

Been out all day and have the news back on again now. Seems they have definitely expanded the search.

Wonder if this is going to be the NEW Bermuda Triangle? Seems lots of planes evaporated over the Bermuda Triangle that just suddenly 'blipped' off the screen. Wonder if this will be the latest Unsolved Mystery..........personally I'm going to up and going soon. Would like to know I'm not going to end up in Timbuktu AND IF I have to swim back to shore from the middle of the Atlantic I'm gonna be pretty P O'd! ;) ;) ;) (trying to add some levity to this topic)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Yes it is a bit sad and depressing LLL.
I think the aircraft will be found safe and sound on some Iranian military airbase....they simply wanted a new triple seven. :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

My imagination doesn't allow me to sleuth out any theories any better than those being reported on TV. Definitely interesting.

The theory being touted this morning is that somebody simply stole the plane cause they wanted it however 'who' wants a plane full of people?

On the other hand some group in China who monitors seismic events reports there was something on the bottom of the sea their machines picked up......curiouser and curiouser......
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

This event, I will not yet call it a tragedy because there is no evidence of such, is becoming even more intriguing. If there is evidence that it was still flying 7 hours after it disappeared from the radar, it could be almost anywhere within about 3500 miles of its last point of contact.
Did it have fuel for that sort of flight time. Was there anybody of international importance on board worth kidnapping.
There was a report in the week that the co-pilot was a bit of a jack the lad who had invited passengers to the flight deck and even smoked up there. Might he be involved.
And how about the pair on stolen passports, are they really just seeking political asylum in Europe or is there something more sinister?
And why have no other countries reported it on their radar systems, military or civil?
I am still of the opinion that the aircraft was hijacked and is sitting on some foreign airbase.

Whatever the outcome, I can see a Hollywood movie of the events in the near future..... ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Last night one of the news shows here had a panel of Aviation Experts and there is evidence the plane was taken to 45,000' (which was beyond it's capabilities and would be stressing it mechanically and making it extremely difficult to fly) then down to 29,000' and back up as well as maintaining this zigzag pattern of flying. All the Experts seems in agreement this was all done 'on purpose' and not just mechanical. I missed some of the discussion (was in kitchen and couldn't hear it fully with my cooking clanging and banging) but taking the play high would put people into hypoxia - unable to breath so they'd pass out.

Today whilst having my coffee I'm hearing that there were 'pings' (not quite sure what a ping is exactly' but apparently these were picked up for hours after takeoff and the statements today are the plane was "deliberately" flown.

Nobody has talked about the possibility of stowaway(s) aboard who could have taken over the plane. I don't know if you could stowaway in the cargo of the plane and then emerge to take it over but I personally think that is a possibility that smacks of terrorists doing this.

All in all it is a huge mystery AND I definitely hope not a dry run for future flights.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Seems the plot is definitely deepening, taking a strong nefarious turn and getting world wide attention to solve this mystery.

I can imagine anybody who even glanced at that plane is being interrogated. Seems the pilots in the cockpit are being most rigorously scrutinized now and the Captain had a flight simulator at his house. Not too sure why that is attracting so much attention but it has been seized. Maybe they can track back through it the flights that it took??

I heard that France is now sending an investigation team too.

Definitely hope coordination is good and leadership is strong as there are going to be mega footprints trampling any evidence that might be found!

AND now that it is 10am Sunday I'm tuning in my favorite Sunday morning show (Fareed Zakaria "GPS") I'm finding out he has been pre-empted as CNN is following ONLY the investigation of the Malaysia flight! GEEZ!!! I admit this is a mystery but to have CNN devoting ALL their TIME to this???? (And then going over and over and over and over the same info - UGH! :( :( :( )
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Just seeing that it seems they have discovered a possible 'debris field' off Australia towards the Indian Ocean. Way out in the Ocean 1726 miles from Perth. Seems like they are just getting the first images of this now and showing them on TV.

What they find will be interesting. Definitely interested in any answers related to this tragedy. It has been quite a mystery.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

It does look like they are on to something at last, they have sent aircraft, a couple of ships and high resolution satelites are now being re-programmed to get a better look at the debris, overall the Aussies seem to be handling their side of things very well. :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

They were even able to estimate one of the items to be 24 metres long. The power of modern satellites...
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Especially when you think that it was only a weather satellite, wait until the spy sats come on line, they will be able to read the serial number if it is the plane;)
By the way, is anyone else getting a bit annoyed by the behaviour of the Chinese, demanding this and that and all those wailing relatives threatening to go on hunger strike and complaining that not enough is being done, what the bloody hell do they want, half the free world is helping to search for it, just how many more resources can you throw at it? The real irony though is a government that happily kills thousands of its own nationals gets really concerned over a hundred and fifty on a downed plane, don’t get me wrong, it is a tragedy for the relatives, but it all seems a bit hypercritical to me. 8)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Yep they are a bit annoying, wouldn't do anyone any good to go on hunger strike :roll:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Seems the mystery is coming to a close. The TV News media has beat this to death here beyond anything remotely reasonable. CNN devoted the past entire weekend to it. I finally stopped watching all News as I couldn't stand to hear all the known details gone over and over and over and over and then gone over one more time.

This situation does have all the makings of a good Made for TV movie - mystery, suspense, the 'who done it' aspect AND this particular situation also leads to have the "GOOD GUY" come charging in to "SAVE THE DAY" and be forever known as a HERO!

I hope, for the sake of the families, this ends soon with answers forth-coming. All the threats and gyrations of the people are ridiculous. Sure you're grieving and this IS terrible but something like 27 countries has committed resources to this but yelling and screaming and demanding isn't going to produce anything more than is known now.

It will be interesting to know how this happened, why mayday calls didn't happen etc etc etc
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Since this is still being broadcast 24/7 (am almost wishing for another crisis to get the News onto something else) seems there have now been 3 sightings of debris but apparently the south Indian Sea is some of the most turbulent water happening anywhere. Wave 40 to 50 feet and currents in some of the areas that are carrying debris at a float rate of 1 foot/second. That is definitely a strong current.

Makes me wonder how those old mariners managed in small wooden boats.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Yes, the whinging relatives are getting boring. Lets hope that another friend who is off travelling has packed a parachute ! :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

From the news this morning seems they've discovered where the plane went down and seems they're fairly confident in their find as the Malaysian gov't has now said this IS where the plane went and are making arrangements to get the relatives to Australia. Thank heavens this is coming to a close for all those people. Won't give them total answers but should give them enough to put closure to this tragedy.

I'm hoping they DO recover the black box to figure out what did happen.