Victory Parade - Honolulu 1945

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Victory Parade - Honolulu 1945

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Great video of a Spontaneous Victory Parade in Honolulu in 1945. Take a look at this video-absolutely fabulous! Notice the cars and jeeps, youth. The guys in khaki or gray shirts and black ties are Navy officers or chiefs. The rest are Army or Marine. How young they all were to do what they did. This guy really captured a moment in history! (You can listen to Jimmy Durante singing "I'll be Seeing You" in the background, too) This is a super video of a time past - we need to remember and be THANKFUL. Check out the color fidelity. It's not bad for 1945. Nothing will ever compare with Kodachrome film.

Click here for the video:

(Help H - I can't make this link open by clicking on it - you have to cut and paste)

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Victory Parade - Honolulu 1945

Post by Horus »

I agree that the colour is fantastic for the era in question, what a shame that a great name like Kodak has gone forever.
The best links to embed are from YouTube. :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Victory Parade - Honolulu 1945

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I remember the "early days" of home photography and videos. My dad used to stand with the video camera and we'd all run and smile for the camera. I also remember my Papa with his Brownie and mostly I remember it always took him forever to decide when to actually snap the photo. Us kids never wanted to stay still that long 'til he was happy with his picture. Sure makes todays digitals just a world away from the old days.