EUROVISION 26TH MAY

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Top Member
Top Member

Re: EUROVISION 26TH MAY

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Kiya wrote::lol: :lol: Lets hear Enge first :)
:lol: Given the above posts he might be in with a good chance after ;) :up all!

Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

That's if he makes it to 26th May Kiya......From pictures of him and his wife in the paper yesterday I'm not betting on it :)

But I DO hope the Russian ladies get through the preliminaries and appear in the final....even if their sextet is reduced to a quintet or even a quartet :lol:
:gg:
Bearded Brian

Post by Bearded Brian »

HEPZIBAH wrote:I gave up watching The Eurovision Song Contest many, many moons ago but sadly have not been able to avoid all promo's etc from it over the years. Having pondered the question of should England have Englebert Humperdink as it's contestant I have come to the conclusion that it is a matter of economics. England needs to fail again this year because it would not be able to afford to pay to host it in 2013. It will still be too far in debt paying for the Olympics. England will however have some large, modern spaces, complete with accommodation blocks and hospitality it suites which would be ideal venues for the 2013 E.S.C. In the light of this I propose that the powers that be start the promotion exercise quickly and get in there to promote all our hospitality facilities, and security, as soon as the winning country is announced.
The Scots, Welsh and N Irish will be glad to see that it is only England that has to pay for the olympics :D :D

Also Wales could have Mary Hopkins, N Ireland could have Dana and Scotland could have Kenneth McKellar :D :D
HEPZIBAH
Top Member
Top Member

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Bearded Brian wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote:I gave up watching The Eurovision Song Contest many, many moons ago but sadly have not been able to avoid all promo's etc from it over the years. Having pondered the question of should England have Englebert Humperdink as it's contestant I have come to the conclusion that it is a matter of economics. England needs to fail again this year because it would not be able to afford to pay to host it in 2013. It will still be too far in debt paying for the Olympics. England will however have some large, modern spaces, complete with accommodation blocks and hospitality it suites which would be ideal venues for the 2013 E.S.C. In the light of this I propose that the powers that be start the promotion exercise quickly and get in there to promote all our hospitality facilities, and security, as soon as the winning country is announced.
The Scots, Welsh and N Irish will be glad to see that it is only England that has to pay for the olympics :D :D

Also Wales could have Mary Hopkins, N Ireland could have Dana and Scotland could have Kenneth McKellar :D :D

I apologise to the rest of Great Britain, United Kingdom, British Isles (or whatever Eurovision call us).

Bearded Brian, you may inadvertantly hit upon a winning formula. If we (collectively) enter your suggestions as a Trio we could be getting somewhere. :)
Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Grandad wrote:
That's if he makes it to 26th May Kiya......From pictures of him and his wife in the paper yesterday I'm not betting on it :)

But I DO hope the Russian ladies get through the preliminaries and appear in the final....even if their sextet is reduced to a quintet or even a quartet :lol:
Grandad I haven't bought a paper in yrs, when I once counted over the yr what I was spending on newspapers & magazines it came to a few hundred, I thought then for the written rubbish we get that money is better kept in my pocket :)
Deary me is Enge looking that bad :o