Giving and International relations

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Giving and International relations

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Got this email and while I can't verify the source I do have a general sense that the figures are true. Maybe not the amounts of funding but am pretty sure the % of votes does in the direction indicated. Am sure the UK and UE does somewhat of the same cause 'we' do seem obsessed with helping out the rest of the world. Guess I'm turning into Scrooge but I think that maybe the message in this email is true. We should look after our own houses first and take care at home before trying to save the rest of the world.

U N B E L I E V A B L E ! !

How they vote in the United Nations:
Below are the actual voting records of various Arabic/Islamic States
which are recorded in both the US State Department and United Nations records:

Kuwait votes against the United States 67% of the time
Qatar votes against the United States 67% of the time
Morocco votes against the United States 70% of the time
United Arab Emirates votes against the United States 70% of the time.
Jordan votes against the United States 71% of the time.
Tunisia votes against the United States 71% of the time.
Saudi Arabia votes against the United States 73% of the time.
Yemen votes against the United States 74% of the time.
Algeria votes against the United States 74% of the time.
Oman votes against the United States 74% of the time.
Sudan votes against the United States 75% of the time.
Pakistan votes against the United States 75% of the time.
Libya votes against the United States 76% of the time. Egypt votes against the United States 79% of the time. Lebanon votes against the United States 80% of the time.
India votes against the United States 81% of the time.
Syria votes against the United States 84% of the time.
Mauritania votes against the United States 87% of the time.

U S Foreign Aid to those that hate us:

Egypt, for example, after voting 79% of the time against the United States, still receives $2,000,000,000 annually in US Foreign Aid.

Jordan votes 71% against the United States and receives $192,814,000 annually in US Foreign Aid.

Pakistan votes 75% against the United States Receives $6,721,000,000 annually in US Foreign Aid.

India votes 81% against the United States Receives $143,699,000 annually.

WHY?
WHO IN THE HECK STARTED
THIS AND WHY?
THEY ACTUALLY BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS THEM.

Perhaps it is time to get out of the UN and give the tax savings back to the American workers who are having to skimp and sacrifice to pay the taxes.

Pass this along to every taxpaying citizen you know, party lines irrelevant!
GO GREEN- RECYCLE CONGRESS IN 2012 ! ! ! (If you don't know any taxpayers just delete it!)

BillH

Post by BillH »

I dont know who gave this definition to International Aid, but it is true in most cases.

"Poor people from rich countries giving money to rich people in poor countries".

Most of this money in north Africa is to keep the countries "Israeli Friendly" for obvious reasons.. He who pays the piper.... 8)
In the Tree by the Brook, there's a song bird who sings, Sometimes ALL of our thoughts are misgiven..
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Actually I hadn't thought about the 'he who pays the piper' but I think you've hit it BillH. I hadn't actually considered the Israel implications.....and.....I also agree that the rich are giving to the rich in poor countries.

I think until 'we' all can get the $$ back in some sort of decent order we should be more concerned with our own backyard than the neighbours.
BillH

Post by BillH »

I dont suppose your Government ever considered not starting wars as a way of saving YOUR tax dollars LLL ?

We could feed and clothe every single poor person if ALL governments adopted that policy. 8)

BUT the war machine makes "the Few" very wealthy indeed..

What a savage Irony... "The few" sitting on Billions they could never spend in a thousand life times...
In the Tree by the Brook, there's a song bird who sings, Sometimes ALL of our thoughts are misgiven..
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

;) well ;) MY gov't is actually the Canadian gov't but since I've been here in the USA for the past 12 yrs I get what you're saying BillH.

Interesting that in Canada we all thought the US started wars to keep its economy going but I don't think I've ever heard that theory HERE once. Maybe a lack of introspection.

I sometimes wish the 'world' could just put ourselves onto 'hold' for a few years 'til we all our own lives in order.
BillH

Post by BillH »

I never blame the "People" of any country for the war's their governments start LLL, just to put the record straight.. We too in the UK are as much to blame, the silent majority and all that..

Personally, I think wars if we need to have them, should be carried out with paintball guns and a few referees.. Same result, just less painful.

I'd like to see the b******s who start these wars participate in them too... Right up there on the front line.. 8)
Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

I do like the way you think BillH ;)
You get out of life what you are prepared to put in!
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

YES BillH - like in the good old days - world leaders in the ring dukin' it out!

In this corner we have Merkle and in the opposing corner Cameron! (I don't discriminate men vs women in the world of boxing or would it be better if it was wresting? Maybe one of the new Kung Foo HAAAII YA chops!!