Coming out of the musical closet!

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

KJB

Post by KJB »

"Delicate" is in one of my favourite selection folders on my MP3 player. Lisak, do you remember how he used to do a backflip? My friend was also obssessed with him and she went to to see him live. She used to do this funny sort of pretend backflip but without the flip - you know how a cat wiggles before it pounces? Well, it was sort of like that. :lol:

Goddess, I was going to mention The Cure "Boys don't cry" - I had that on really loud in the car on the way home last night. I don't think his lipstick is cool now, even though I read he uses a really expensive brand (Chanel, Christina Dior, or something).

Talking of U2, "Pride" and "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" are brill singalongto's. I saw them live outdoor in Leeds.

What about Duran Duran - my son loves "Save a Prayer" and "Rio" (he's 8)- I want to get "Wild Boys". See I'm sad too but quite happy about it!! :) Duran Duran used to frequent a night club called "The Rum Runner" in Birmingham - I used to go there too but I had to be told what the funny herby smell was in the toilets!! :oops: (I was sooooo niaive). And I loved the pirate clothes - still do, if I'm honest, just love frilly shirts, waistcoats.... I'm really feeling nostalgic now. Still, its never done Vivienne Westwood any harm, has it? 8)

Goddess
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Goddess »

:snig:

Knew you'd all start fessing up to your halls of shame if I did! Fantastic stuff!!

I'm glad someone else loved frilly shirts and waistcoats! I had a whole wardrobe full of them!

U2's Pride was the one I was singing too last night. I seem to remember being really partial to the one that was the Batman theme too - but beats me if I can remember what it was called.

Today I've resurrected my entire Bryan Adams collection and working through them all, Right now - we're on "Cuts like a knife" ..... love the Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na bit. In fact, rather partial to any song that has copious amounts of Na Na's or Oooh Aaahs in, as I've discovered in the last few days!

Satellite update - still didly squat

BUT! Vac update!!! The hose has just gone off to the shop to source a new one! It is possible that come the early hours of this morning and I will have a vac!!! 8)
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

:lol::lol::lol:
"A man who has had a bull by the tail once has learned 60 or 70 times as much as a man who hasn't."
Mark Twain
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Goddess, if you love the na na na type songs, I cannot think of any with more na na 's in it than this oldie by Wilson Pickett, I can just imagine you singing to this while swishing your refurbished vac about the place. You will soon learn the words and the na na's kick in quite near the start :lol: :lol: :lol:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Goddess
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Goddess »

:snig:

Truly shameful that one Horus!! One of your personal favourites is it?!?? The merest mention of Na na's - and you pick this one in a trice!

Glad to see you're fessing up to some horrific stuff too!
;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

:lol: :lol: :lol: It gets worse :) I am now whistling the bloody tune all the time :) but keep playing it goddess, it will grow on you :P :lol:
HEPZIBAH
Top Member
Top Member

Post by HEPZIBAH »

BBLUX wrote:If its the 80's music how about Adam Ant and Prince Charming...as long as you do the dance as well :lol:
[face=Comic Sans MS]Now that brings back memories! :roll:

From my previous college I recall a young man who would dress like Adam Ant much of the time, even down to the hair and make up, and would also prance and dance his way around campus in Adam Ant fashion. Not really a good and practicle look for an Agricultural Student called Jeremy! :roll: :lol: I wonder what happened to him - Jeremy, not Adam Ant! [/face]
Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
KJB

Post by KJB »

He probably went on to be an interior designer - a lot of the makeovers they do look like a load of manure (being polite). :lol:
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

KJB wrote:He probably went on to be an interior designer - a lot of the makeovers they do look like a load of manure (being polite). :lol:
:lol: :lol: