Patients Medical Care Plan

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Patients Medical Care Plan

Post by Grandad »

About a month ago I received a letter from my doctors surgery inviting me to register my 'Patient Care Plan'. I had not heard of this but the letter came with a questionnaire which, after consideration, I completed and returned.
Last Friday I had an appointment with the practices' Nurse Practitioner who reviewed my medical history with me and explained the purpose of the care plan. It means that if any medic, from a Paramedic to hospital consultant, want or need to see my medical history I have authorised them to have access. And as the record starts from 1956 when I had rheumatic fever, it is a very detailed account of my medical history.
Today I received my copy of this 'plan' and I must confess that it reminded me of things from the past that I had completely forgotten.
We agreed not to include 'End of Life' wishes at this time. ;)
I know I am probably older than you other folks but has anyone else been invited to register their own NHS care plan?

:gg:
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Patients Medical Care Plan

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Not me, Grandad, and I should discuss the 'end of life' ASAP if I was you! An elderly friend of mine was recently taken into hospital and it hindered her recovery when the doctor bluntly told her that she wouldn't be resuscitated if necessary, because she had too much wrong with her! She was in tears and so was her husband. I thought the DNR rule had to be discussed with the patient and/or relatives beforehand?
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Patients Medical Care Plan

Post by Grandad »

@Ruby Slippers
I do agree RS. It is a vague area and although I opted to leave that blank for the moment, I might rethink and have something added otherwise I could be at the whim of a doctor. "86 years of age, a whole string of lifetime ailments including a heart attack and 2 cancers plus heart problems, just let him go". When in fact I am feeling pretty good and am counting down to "One Hundred" ;) :lol: :lol:
:gg: