What's the weather like where you are?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

FABlux

What's the weather like where you are?

Post by FABlux »

I know members are in varied locations & wondered what sort of weather you are all having?

After 3 grotty weeks with grey skies we have had a big change. The last week or so we have had much better weather with mostly bright days, although yesterday was quite foggy & today we had brilliant blue skies and sunshine. I had to break the ice on the bird baths this morning but then it went up to 13C this afternoon.

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: What's the weather like where you are?

Post by Kiya »

For the last few weeks it has been cold & wet up here, actually freezing ! I'm surprised we haven't seen snow :o
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Down here in the South-East it is grey, damp and bitterly cold! I keep expecting to see snow but none so far - fortunately!
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Here in Cardiff it's the usual dark, dismal cold and wet. How are the people so nice?
Smile! It confuses people
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Looks as though the weather is pretty grotty everywhere, at least it looks as though the snow is holding off. What's it like across the ocean LLL, are you going to make us all jealous?

Spoke too early, had a dreadful day today, rain and drizzle all day & grey skies. About 3p.m. went for a very short walk as it started drizzling again after about 5 minutes so came home!
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

No won't make you jealous. We've now had a temperatures down to zero, frost but during the day overcast with lots of pouring down rain.

Definitely Brrrrrrrr weather
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Are you vanishing off to sunnier climes soon, Fablux?
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Oh LLL doesn't sound much better there then :urm:

No RS we're here (France) for Xmas, ous son & his partner are flying over 27th Dec & we are then taking them back on the ferry on Jan 7/8th & flying to Luxor for just 6 weeks then back to UK then here.

Had a perfect weather day again today, got out for a walk & then spent a bit of time in the garden. Saw flights of black storks go over on their migration again today, we thought they had finished a week or so ago & that was already late because of that bad 3 weeks spell, so quite a shock to see a couple of hundred more today!
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Sounds like a busy time for you, Fablux! The weather here has turned milder over the past couple of days and the sun managed to get through the murk yesterday for a while. If it stays like this until spring I won't be complaining! It's the cold I don't cope with very well. I have just started to turn my thoughts to Christmas, and it's crept up on me, like it usually does. I always mean to be ready in advance but somehow it never happens that way! Is everyone else prepared or a last minute rush job like me?
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I've just about finished presents - just a couple more to be delivered. I've been housebound for a few weeks so turned to Amazon. I wish they would pay the taxes that are really morally bound to pay if not legally.

However I have had a great time searching through various discounted departments and saved a huge amount of money enabling to give more and better presents.

My daughter has just had a small lawn made with Astroturf. Last week in a one day discount sale she would only have had to pay 10% of what it actually cost her.

It's great sport reading the reports of buyers experiences and also to be fair to Amazon they also show other suppliers their prices and customers experiences. The system is brilliant I have to say.

Oh! The weather here chilly but spring like. Fluffy clouds and sunshine - No rain!
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

No rain today and the sun was actually out but later in the day it got overcast and somewhat foggy. We had a frost sufficient to kill off the plants but so far I haven't felt inspired to get out there and clean up anything. Maybe soon but for some reason I'm just not overly inspired.

Finished knitting a couple kitchen dish cloths but that is about as far as the creative department goes right now. I have however signed up Dec 7th to join a Metis beading class (Metis being people who are half First Nations and half French). Quite looking forward to learning their techniques.
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Weather has been variable but better than forecast with 2 days of sun when they forecast showers & then today forecast cloud & sun & we had cloud & then rain! Was very cold but I did cut the redcurrants back today as they needed a serious prune as they are pretty old & woody. We finally took the wallbaskets down & emptied them as the flowers had succumbed to the frost so now just need to wash them all ready for next spring.

We gave Andy & Juliet their Xmas presents to take back with them in October so had to be organised early but at least it means don't have to think about them now.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Our weather has been much the same as yours, Fablux, but it's getting colder all the time now. I'm in the throes of buying Christmas presents and I think I'm pretty much sorted now. A couple still to come from online stores but they should be here within the coming week. Then it will be sorting out food for Boxing Day when the tribe come to us. As the weather gets colder here, I must admit my thoughts turn to the sun and warmth of Egypt but nothing planned as yet.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

:a55: :a55: :a55: Cold Cold Cold and might I say :a55: COLD! We even had a snow storm that last a couple hours however nothing stuck :a55: :a55: :a55:
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

LovelyLadyLux wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:17 pm :a55: :a55: :a55: Cold Cold Cold and might I say :a55: COLD! We even had a snow storm that last a couple hours however nothing stuck :a55: :a55: :a55:
Oh, LLL! You poor thing! :( I'm really feeling for you! I would hate to live somewhere that snows regularly! :sd
bigken

Post by bigken »

Wet wet wet 😞
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

We've had short periods of brilliant sunshine between the usual rain, much appreciated. 8)
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

We seem to be having sunshine and heavy downpours alternately at the moment, but very strong winds too, and it's bitterly cold!
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

A lovely sunny day today but windy. Luckily most of the rain seems to be overnight here at the moment. Haven't had any rain in the day for well over a week although we saw the river had risen 40 cm's one night! Gone back down again so hopefully they are storing it somewhere so we don't get water restrictions next summer. This year wasn't too bad as it was only no watering between 9a.m. & 7p.m. which makes sense anyway.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Still rain. Well it is Cardiff after all. ;)