Hello Strangers!

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Hello Strangers!

Post by Mad Dilys »

Thanks to Keefy for sorting out my problem I'm back - Hurrah!

I've found it very frustrating not to be able to see referred pictures and videos but not as irritating as having a tremor in my hands which made typing virtually impossible when I wanted to comment. Guess I was virtually bound and gagged for a reason...………... I am now in remission and can touch type and almost off the meds.

I'm sorry that we won't have Horus in our midst, or perhaps as an Alter Ego? He was amazing as IP Freely.

I'm off to the Amaryllis topic. See you there perhaps? :up

Smile! It confuses people
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Hello Strangers!

Post by Grandad »

MD it is SO good to see you back. Where are you right now? Wales or Ibiza? You have been AWOL for so long we have lost track of your present location.
Yes, we will miss Horus but it sounds as if his decision to leave is final......maybe he will have a change of mind in a few months.
Let's keep the friendly chat going or I am afraid to say that E4U's days could be limited :(
:gg:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Good to see you back MD :)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Thank you Kiya and Grandad I am very pleased to be here and can catch up on photos and stuff that you chaps have posted and I couldn't access.

I'm currently in Wales and hope to push the tradesmen to get going on making the house permanently safe and watertight. When the house and a couple of health issues are sorted I'm finally off to Ibiza.

I was a great DIYer when I was young and do so miss not being able to do most jobs myself.
Anyway, the electrics are done and certified at last Hurrah!

The chosen heating engineer has given a reasonable estimate, but without itemizing. OK for fitting a new boiler and all it requires, but other odd bits like fitting an outside tap and a stop cock with easier access than a hole in the bottom of the larder cupboard should be listed separately we feel. I'm only acting as my daughter's agent, but I agree with her on this.

The electrician is coming back to fit security devices and another power point in the living room - he has been wonderful, clean, tidy and precise. A pleasure to deal with.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Tradesmen here are worth their weight if you can get a good reliable one. We have an over-abundance of "Home Renovators" or "Handymen" all of whom claim to be excellent but have no corresponding credentials.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I too have always been big on DIY, but I am reaching a point where I will need to call on tradesmen to do the jobs that have always been well within my capability. I did a couple of jobs last week but they take much longer than in the past. If screwdrivers are involved, and they invariably are, I need to 'feel' the screwdriver on to the head of the screw. With only one eye and some loss of vision in the other eye, I have no 3D and therefore don't know exactly where things are. All a damned nuisance. :xx
@Mad Dilys
MD, have you found my post about my new'ish scooter. I got a slightly larger one a couple of weeks ago. It is a Rascal Avantage X, street legal. I now have 2 and will keep the small 3 wheeler because it comes apart to carry in a car boot.
SO WE ARE NOW A TWO SCOOTER FAMILY
:lol: :lol:
:gg:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Well done! Good for you. I still look forward to getting one i can use rather than a hall ornament!

I hope this remission lasts long enough to get rid of Betti the Quingo and get the lightweight travel scooter i covet....... :up