Phrase that Bugs Me

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Phrase that Bugs Me

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

We're having our federal election Oct 21st. If we can oust our present Prime Minister I'm holding hope our country might get back to a sense of normality.

Right now all candidates are out there campaigning and all the promises of what they'll do are being spewed forth.

One of the phrases that really bugs me is when they say "I'll balance the budget." WHY since this seems to be a phrases that comes out of all their mouths willy nilly umpteen times a day don't they actually bring out a hard copy of where the budget stands today and then point out what they'll move here and there to ensure it balances? They never do that but all claim they can and will ensure it balances. They never do balance anything and nobody ever seems to hold them accountable for this or for even saying that is what they're going to do.

The phrase bugs me and it also bugs me that so many always seem to believe the politician of their choice WILL do this!

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Phrase that Bugs Me

Post by Horus »

Think politician, think liar!
At the moment we have a typical example of the type of rubbish we are currently being saddled with. We have a new leader of the Liberal Democrat Party called Jo Swinton, after a small boost in the polls because of the shilly shallying over Brexit she comes out with the following promise "If we get into power at the next election I will cancell Brexit". Not that they have any hope of her being elected as our PM, but even if they did become a significent force after a General Election was held they are unlikely to gain more than 30% of the national vote. So in her eyes a vote for her with at best 30% of the electorate voting for her party, then in her mind it allows her to cancell the wishes of 52% of the people who voted to leave the EU. Seriously you could not make this sort of thing up! :st
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Phrase that Bugs Me

Post by Grandad »

And H, I watched open mouthed when her brain washed audience applauded and shouted support for all that Jo Swinson said. I am sure that she would have got the same response if she said the world will end tomorrow. Bloody lemmings :xx
:gg: