What AM I doing Today in the World?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: What AM I doing Today in the World?

Post by Horus »

You need some perks for doing the job LLL :D
Over here we call those slurpees 'slushies' :up

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

To be brutally honest "I" have never had a Slurpee or a Slushie or any type of drink that comes in frozen ice. They really don't appeal to me when I see them pour thick sugar filled syrup onto ice but lots of kids seem to love them. My drink of choice is coffee in the morning and tea with milk for the rest of the day. I drink water but really rarely ever even drink juice.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Me too, I never fancied them, its the same with ice cream and I will only have the occasional ice lolly. Tea for me first thing in the morning and another one about mid-morning, maybe another at lunchtime and then a single coffee mid afternoon, I tend not to drink either after about 4pm.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

When our grandchildren were small and they came to visit their drink of choice was 'Nanas cocktail of orange juice and lemonade'. It became a joke and to this day they still like that as a refreshing cold drink when they visit. :lol:
We have a coffee mid morning, tea most of the day but I am not drinking alcohol and drink quite a lot of cold water from the fridge chiller. I think that is helping my weight reduction. :up

On another subject, we have started harvesting tomatoes from our 9 plants. They are 'Red Cherry' so small round and juicy fruits. We have a lot on the vines and will be harvesting a handfull most days for a few weeks to come. I am quite chuffed because I grew these from seed and my family also have some of the plants. :up

Today we are making our first visit to Whitstable harbour this year SO, oysters and chips are probably on the lunchtime menu
:lol: :lol:
:gg:
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Homemade lemonade is my family's favourite this time of year.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today I'm sitting and twiddling my thumbs as the Masonry guy who swore he'd show up today sent an email saying something else came up and he can't make BUT maybe this afternoon...…...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Dam I hate these bloody tradesguys. I need to get the wall fixed but always there is this 'wait wait wait' happening.

So I'm probably going to go to the Pub, swing into the Liquor Store beside (my gf manages it) and gift her the two small orchids as I'm done with them. I'll keep the one big one but she can give the other two a try.

Then I'll swing back home.

"Nuther topic - was chatting online with my gf who lives in Rhode Island. Her and her husband are going on a cruise around Atlantic Canada and she was asking me about Quebec City. As we talked I Googled and never realized that Quebec City (where the daughter lives) is a major Embarkation spot soooooo have been sitting and looking at cruises. Leaving from Quebec City and ending up in Boston isn't a bad 7 day cruise. Gotta think on this.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I am sitting with a beer in a very blustery Wales
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

So having finally decided I'm not going to have any luck with orchids today I traded one away for a begonia cutting. I just brought it home and plopped it back into water 'til tomorrow when I'll plant it in soil. Ideally this will GROW and actually do something.
DSCF5007.JPG
Am left with 1 small and 1 large orchid and if they don't start moving they're going to be evicted and face the same fate as this one ;) as I'm going to be needing the real estate for these two guys who are recent acquisitions.
DSCF5008.JPG
DSCF5009.JPG
I also found, at a Thrift Shop this plant pot (owl) so have brought the Hoya out from the back room and he seems to like it on the end of the counter and is even throwing up a new branch.
DSCF5010.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I have two in full bloom
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Horus, have a very restful few days!
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today is the day where all Registrations for any course, hobby, trip, activity (athletic or crafty) etc open with Registration starting at 6am. Since it is pretty much a "ready set go" type thing I figure it always easiest to be the early bird and get online before the system shuts down when it gets overloaded. I sign up for Pottery which is relatively popular and I want to make sure I can get into it so am up and online and now know I'm good to go in Pottery September to February :)

Weather forecast called for rain today so was out picking tomatoes yesterday. Had quite a few especially the little cherry tomatoes. By no means a bumper crop but sufficient for me and to have give aways.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

This weekend is a Bank holiday weekend here in the UK, although not many shops close apart from Banks. We are set for 30c temperatures here in the south so maybe a lazy time is called for! :sd: :water:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

LLL wrote:
So having finally decided I'm not going to have any luck with orchids
Am left with 1 small and 1 large orchid and if they don't start moving they're going to be evicted and face the same fate as this one
I said that I had two Orchids in bloom at the moment, so when I arrived home last night I took a few photos, sorry they are taken with flash on my phone. Both are old plants around 10 years or so, the white one is in full bloom and the other one still has some flowers to open and they will probably last until the end of November. The slats on the blind behind them are about 75mm wide (3") and the vase is about 200mm (8") diameter, so you can see how big the flowers are. The purple one had branched at the top and is quite wide and very tall, maybe 30" wide and tall. So maybe LLL you should send me your Orchids to take care of ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Horus - Your orchids are definitely gorgeous. The white one spectacular :up :up

Not too sure why the ones I have are not blooming but after 3 yrs they're on the way out. I only have 2 left (one large and one small). The large one has sent up a stem that has some leaves on top so since it is actually 'doing' something it can stay for now.

The smaller orchid has very healthy looking leaves and tons of aerial roots but it isn't doing anything else. It'll go if I find another plant I like better and if I don't it is going to get wired up to a tree outside next spring once it get warm enough to see if that spurs it onto "do" something. Guess I'm not whispering at it strong enough - PRODUCE OR your days are numbered.

Mostly I enjoy the plants but I like to see them actually grow and move so since the orchids aren't they're gone ;) (and never to return) :) ;) ;)
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

It's 4am and I'm sat here sipping coffee through a straw! Funny thing to be doing at a funny time to be doing it? For the past few days I have had a severe pain between two of my back teeth when hot liquid gets near them. Unfortunately, my dentist was on holiday last week so I have to wait until next Thursday before I could get an appointment. It's ok as long as I angle a straw on the other side of my mouth, leave the coffee to go lukewarm and then suck slowly! :cry:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Oh dear! RS there is nothing worse than a toothache, my sympathies.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Oh Wow @Ruby Slippers nothing worse than a toothache and I sure hope it isn't headed for abscess territory. Nothing worse in the world. If you can tolerate it can you try putting ice (or something super cold) on the area to take any swelling down? Hopefully that will help. Hope you can get in for dental intervention asap.

Grocery shopping for me today. Not the best day in the world to have to hit the stores but the fridge is near bare and my schedule hasn't allowed me to go at any other time this past week.

One more week here 'til the kids go back to school too so will seeing if they're around for sleepovers this coming week.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

What a night! Unbearably hot with very little sleep! It looks as though I might have to wait until it's cooler for my dental appointment too. :cry:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

It has cooled down a little in my neck of the woods with a bit of light rain overnight, but the last three days have been really hot. What a contrast with the previous week when I was away in Wales, very blustery weather although the breeze was warm. Every day was overcast and quite dull although we had sunshine at some point during most days, nice for walking though.

Regarding the tooth, if its giving you a lot of pain can you not go to your local hospital out patients?
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I'm trying to manage the pain, Horus. I've got quite used to drinking coffee through a straw! :lol: I've put myself on a cleaning regime with Chorsodyl toothpaste and mouthwash, to make sure that infection stays away. Fingers crossed.