New Forum Information (Please read)

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

New Forum Information (Please read)

Post by DJKeefy »

The forum has now changed to the new format, the new format was outdated and would have run out on the 15th April 2019, I have tried to keep it looking similar but I only could work of the default template so its been quite hard to achieve anything like it, I am still working on the template so some colours or icons might be wrong, post in here if you see something wrong or find any bugs

In the new forum there was a donate link built in so I have just left here there in case some of you nice people want to help towards the running costs of the forums.

To get started the best is to click on the QUICK LINKS at the top left of the page, here you can choose NEW POSTS to see posts made from the last time you visited the site, the best link would be the ACTIVE TOPICS (called TIMELINE before) which will show 7 days of active topics with posts, you can change the time period (up to a year) from the bottom left under the search results.

LIKES, have now changed to THANKS, so you can THANK a post or be thanked for your posts, I have managed to keep the original LIKES and converted them to THANKS, if you prefer it to be LIKES then maybe I will recode it later.

I have added lots of code from a lightbox that opens image in a nice way right through to last ten active topics, there will be some bugs so please report anything so I can look into it.

At the bottom of the index page is the last ten active topics which will scroll through the last ten (some people missed this before)

In your User Control Panel found by clicking on your name at the top right of the page, you can alter things like adding friends or foes, turn forum notifications on or off, Go take a look :)

I WILL WORK ON TRYING TO GET A GALLERY UP TOMORROW, so old posts wilth gallery images in wont show for now.

Most external media files (youtube, facebook, twitter) will not need a BBCODE to show up in a post, you could do a preview first (in the full editor) to see if it works (accepted sites in the image below)

you can mention a member in a post using the @ symbol then just start typing the members name, a box will come up for you to choose a member from, they will get a forum notification to say that you have mentioned them.

Play around, its the only way to find out whats what, I am still learning new features even though I had to implement most of them :lol:

It might run a bit slower at the moment till I move it from php 7.0 to 7.3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: New Forum Information (Please read)

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Thanks for all your efforts with this Keefy. Really appreciated. Am sure this was a monumental task - thanks for undertaking it.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Thanks Keefy, the new forum is looking good :) I'm sure we all find our way around soon enough :)
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

The main problem was trying to convert the GALLERY, I managed it but its not without bugs, one main one is that images in posts dont open with a lightbox like external or attachment images, so you have to click the back button on your browser to view any thumbnails again, hopefully I will fix this in the future.
You can add up to 10 images a time when uploading to the gallery each filesize to be under 512000 and a size of 1280 X 1280 though it will automatically resize bigger images.
If an image is not that important and does not need to be in your gallery you can upload an image via the attachment button when making a post (full editor) image dimensions do not matter, upload you image and then click the place inline button. (image in my first post is uploaded via the attachment option).
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

BTW - it is now cross platform compatible, smartphone, tabs, laptops, desktops :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I assume that 'Flash' no longer works?
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Horus wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:51 pm I assume that 'Flash' no longer works?
No it does not work, though there is a flash BBCode button in the full editor reply, I will ask on the PHPBB to why it is there. :ni:
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

I've removed the button now, but still not sure why it would show if you can not use flash, maybe its for people with forums on lower than PHP 7

I also removed the Just 4 Flash section on all forums
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Font size changed, if you need it any bigger use the browser zoom function, it remembers the zoom setting for each site you use.