So near, so far, memory fails and now I don't know

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

So near, so far, memory fails and now I don't know

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Back at the hotel in Nuevo Vallarta

I get up in the morning and head to the beach

Peruse and cruise the beach loungers

And finally decide on my throne for the day (or at least the morning 'til the sun gets too hot and I lose shade)

After I set up I see a group of men carrying lots (this is some of them) photographic equipment down to the beach. They're setting up, checking the light, gesturing and positioning cameras. Watched them for a while 'til hunger beckoned and I strolled off into the beach restaurant for brekkie.

Once inside I'm sat on a higher tier kinda in a corner but it gave me a good view to people watch and after I get my breakfast from the buffet and have tea poured I watch the head waiter bring in two men with lots of fan fare and aplomb and set them kitty corner to me on the next lower tier.

I was directly facing one of them (but only saw the back of the other guys head) and DARN I recognized this man I'm facing from TV! The head waiter took their orders, got a $20 handed to him for his effort and all the waiters busied themselves catering to these two.

I know I was correct in recognizing them as during their breakfast two other families stopped and told them how much they liked their show blah blah blah.......but for the life of me I can't remember their name(s) or which show. I think they have a cooking show, home renovation show, design and decor show (which explain why I probably don't know their names) but they looked to be brothers. Tall, blonde, not fu foo over the top gay but Gay via the laugh, hand gestures, hair cut and dress ........

Not that I would have gone over to them but I just can't place where I've seen them or which show they have although I recognized one of them and I'm theorizing they were setting up on the beach to do an episode of their show in Puerto Vallarta. Was planning if they did to walk through the background! ;) ;) ;) (Photo bombing at its finest)

Darn :tk :tk :tk - two tall, blondish, obviously gay men with loud laughs, Americans ........... and a TV show other people recognize ....... hmmmm :tk :tk :tk (guess I'll have to wait 'til I'm home and see their show being advertised before enough of the gray matter is jogged to remember)

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: So near, so far, memory fails and now I don't know

Post by Grandad »

When I started to read your post LLL, I thought you were going to tell us that boat with torpedo and the beach sellers had followed you round the coast. As for the film crew, you could have just asked ;) :lol:
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Grandad said:
As for the film crew, you could have just asked ;) :lol:
Podría haber preguntado? No, en realidad no porque no hablaban inglés :) (Pssst - I could have just asked? Nooooooo cause I no really speakie sufficient Spanish and I saw the film crew before I ever went into the restaurant ;) ;) ;) )

And - it is still bugging me cause I can see this guys face in my minds eye yet for the life of me I can't put a name to it.....AND it is only my assumption that I see a film crew then somebody associated with TV that they're link but ???? (I'm sure my assumption is correct). The movie stay type guy could have also been doing something for Telemundo which is Mexican TV.

Here there are LOTS of boats and torpedos and they're all going all day pulling tourists on rides. There are probably 3 parachute guys in this stretch of beach too and they are flying people up and around Banderas Bay all day long. Here I haven't seen 1 boat just sitting sitting sitting for endless hours doing absolutely nothing. There are lots of touts walking up and down the beach selling all manner of things but they ARE actually selling them vs just walking around with a board of sunglasses from the 70ies never selling one.

Back to Googling Reality stars to see if I can find this guy................
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

LLL, you said a couple of the other guests stopped and spoke to them at breakfast, so couldn't you casually ask the guests? :D
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Podría haber preguntado? No, en realidad no porque no hablaban inglés
If that is the level of your Spanish LLL, you would have had no problem :up

(Or did Google Translate help you out with that? ;) ;) )
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

:))) - it was Google translate ;) I can speak a little bit but I'm not fluent verbally. If you "escribe" (write it) I'm pretty decent at reading, I'm next sort of ok at understanding what is being said but lastly is my own ability to draw up words, put them into grammatical order or sense and pronounce it so as to be understood.

@RS - Hard to explain but I had my back to the wall and was facing these two (and only saw the back of one). I just started eating my breakfast when these two got sat and the people that stopped mostly faced them so I got their backs (didn't really see who they were) so doubtful I would have recognized them to approach them later if I could have found them anyway. Never dawned on me either to ask anybody else who they were.

It did cross my mind to walk up and say "Love your show" ...... AND then have them ask me to tell them what I like(d) best and me have splutter "I don't know" (cause I don't know who you are or what your show is! :)))

Once I'm home and watching TV I'm sure the commercial for their show will flash by again and then I'll know who they are cause right now I'm still pulling a complete blank. It is also more then possible I don't know their name either and just recognize the face from TV.