How would You vote .......

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

How would You vote .......

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

This morning on our TV News there is a serious move afoot prohibiting any and all businesses from putting out any type of Christmas decorations until after Remembrance Day. Not sure why I haven't heard of this until now as it seems this is going to be a formal Bill presented to the Legislature.

How would you vote?

Should everybody & all businesses NOT be allowed to put out Christmas decorations until approximately the end of the second week in November?

Mostly here Christmas stuff starts to go up once Christmas is done. Often times this depends quite a bit on the weather as most people will rush out and decorate any day the sun shines and is this really a matter that needs to be Legislated? Don't we have more serious matters to think about?

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: How would You vote .......

Post by Horus »

They are already putting the Christmas adds on the TV over here :st
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Same here and when I was in the States last week some of the stores were just an explosion of Christmas but to legislate a date? For all I think we should focus on Remembrance Day I'm not sure that has much to do with Christmas decorations.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Bl**dy PC brigade. What has Christmas got to do with the WWI anniversary. By the same token I could say, Let's postpone the WWI remembrance until the new year because it will interfere with the run up to Christmas.
Balderdash! :xx
:gg:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

On 1st November I saw the new Christmas puddings on sale. Tiny ones about the size of teacup. I don't understand the logic behind that. Are people desperate to taste Christmas pudding and just want a nibble to keep them going? Quite apart from the fact that it's 7 weeks before the celebration why not all out at the same time. It's all daft. :?
Smile! It confuses people
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

When doing the weekly shopping on 25 October I saw a pallet load of mince pies, 6 in a box. I quite like mince pies and irrespective of the Christmas decoration on the box and the fact that it was still only October, I bought a box.
It was of no consequence because they would be consumed in a few days BUT the 'sell by' date was 4 November? :lol:
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Last night I went over to the daughter house and believe it or not I passed 1 house that had all their Christmas lights on!! Unfortunately my only thought was that they must not mind paying a super high electric bill for running so many lights for that long!!

I haven't noted anything particularly obvious food-wise related to Christmas in our stores in Canada however when I was in the States lots of baking goods were out but their last Thursday of November Thanksgiving holiday is up and coming. They do have something of a nice entry into Christmas as once their Thanksgiving is done it is no holes barred 'til the fat red Santa guy arrives. Here we just kinda start anytime come Fall.

Nothing much said on our TV today re: legislating a vote as to when Christmas can legally or officially start (which would be ridiculous IMO and impossible to police. Would reports be made to our already overworked RCMP? Would you report your neighbour putting up lights? OR would it matter more when they started to turn them on?

Personally I'd much rather they legislate when ALL decorations need to be taken down. I don't mind seeing Christmas start early but I sure do not like seeing it hanging around in February.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

The only bread I eat is in a hot crossed bun and I eat at least one every day of the year if possible. Yummy!
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@MD - Hot cross buns are delicious however you'd have a hard time here as they only are sold here around Easter time.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

The Co-OP shop next door sells a variety all the year round. I prefer their own make which is spicy with more plump raisins and about three quarters of the size of most of the others - so I can cheat and have two as they are "only small". :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@MD - I quite agree that so long as you buy small size you can eat as many of those as you want cause they're small. Works for me - if I buy large I can only eat one but when I buy small I can eat as many as I want cause they're only small!