What are you doing today?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Horus »

I do know that Royal Mail are paid to deliver this rubbish and that the postie has to put it through your door as part of his job.

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I'll forgive him that, but not the amount of other people's post I get. I wonder what happens to mine sometimes. :tk
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Our postie is not so bad on getting it right, although I do sometimes get stuff for the same house number a street away :?:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

We have 'super boxes' on this street and I really do not like them. I'd rather my mail was delivered in through my door or into a locked box attached to the house but this street has the super boxes. Our Postman/woman was recently replaced because he or she couldn't seem to get anybodies addresses correct and it became the streets job to deliver mail to neighbours every evening after they got another persons mail.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

How very odd. :tk
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I agree, how exactly does that work? is all the mail left in one communial box and then someone in the street sorts it out and then delivers it to each house?
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Horus I'm glad we don't have to pay to stop the junk because it means we can stop it when we are away. We have a letter box on the gate about a 30cm cube (seems more like the American idea) & not quite sure how it works but our post lady has a key as well & so is able to get smallish parcels in which is really handy :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

That's handy being able to leave small parcels. :up
When we moved my mum out of her house to live with us her house was empty for quite some time as we did not know if she would be returning home or not, each time I called down to check the place over I had to fight my way through piles of junk mail pushed through the letter box :td
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Today being the first day of the week - Luxor style I will start on my List for the Week beginning with finding a new home for Betti my big scooter. I have chosen a new scooter, very similar to Grandad's but 4 wheeled instead of 3 wheeled. I won't buy the new one until big Betti goes and I have a chance to steam clean the hall tiles.

I am also looking for an exercise bike on Gumtree. I think I could use one because it will be kinder to my arthritic feet than walking and I badly miss/need exercise.

The first activity on the list is to make the hopefully slug proof home for most of my house plants outside, at the same time putting unused pots in storage. Hope it doesn't rain!
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Horus I know what you mean, before my Mum went into sheltered housing whenever we visited I was appalled at the amount of junk mail & charity support requests she received.

MD how will you rehome Betti? We left Joan's (Mum) at the last home she was in so that they could use it for other residents (& it saved us having to dispose of it as we wouldn't know where to take it :oops: ) Good luck with the exercise bike.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Today I will be erecting the Pergola I have made for my daughters house, hopefully I will get it finished today, but that will depend upon some resin material going off quick so that I can tighten up the wall brackets and finish the job today, otherwise it will be spread over a couple of days.
However as I am typing the heavens have opened so I may not even get to start the job if it keeps up. :(

My next job is to fix up a couple of Wi-Fi security cameras, they arrived this morning so thats another job in the pending file :urm:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Had a great day yesterday catching up with lots of "stuff" I had kept putting to the bottom of the pile.

Getting used to the hearing aids, which have been adjusted to 100% of my prescription. I really was quite happy before my daughter insisted I had them tested, but the difference now is amazing. I can hear the clicks of my keyboard, I didn't know it did that! I don't need the sub titles on the TV which makes viewing more enjoyable. Best of all I can hear birdsong well enough to identify the bird. Fantastic! I am so lucky. :up

Today I'm getting some serious designs on paper for my proposed new abode, which is quite fun. I have no trouble in imagining a structure from the plans, but just discovered that my artistic daughter has trouble with that, like her Father as it happens. So the answer seems to be that if I remind her of a room in our old house of an appropriate size she doesn't have any problem with imagining refurnishing it which has helped a lot. Only problem is, I think in feet and inches and she in metric. :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@MD - I'm also in feet and inches which makes it a tad difficult with the daughters.

@H - Need photos of the pergola so I can decide if I need one of those added to the chicken coop and planter box! ;) ;)

Yesterday we broke records for heat. Tad cooler today but tomorrow we should be back to normal (I hope). Nothing is growing in this heat and even the new lettuce I planted last week are not liking life right now. I planted them cause the weather broke and it got less hot for a couple of days but I might have to do a third planting once we're closer into the fall.

Not too sure what all I'm up to today. Have to connect with the daughter at some point to get lettuce from her garden and get her watering schedule as they're leaving on holidays tomorrow.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

After a very good nights sleep, (it's cooler!) I have had a very busy day. I spent quite a few hours cutting 5 1/2" blocks for a quilt, then into the kitchen to prepare the ingredients for tonight's dinner. Oyster sauce beef with tomatoes, spring rolls with sweet chilli sauce, and special fried rice. Peaches and strawberry whip for dessert - and I felt as though I was going to go off pop! :up I feel too full up to even move now!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I cancelled then daughters job until Saturday due to bad weather, so I managed to set up and fix my two new security cameras in between the rain. So far so good, I was up the pub tonight (being a Friday ;) ) and checked the cameras several times via my phone to see live video images of my home and all seemed to be working fine. :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

We've had record breaking heat. The sun has been beating down for quite a while now however yesterday around 1pm it got quite dark here, then the thunder and lightening started and we had a huge downpour that lasted about 30 minutes then another 30 minutes or so of just plain old rain.

Was more than wonderful as it was hopefully sufficient to put out the wild fire that was only 40% contained and still threatening to grow bigger, wilder.

AND everything here could stand to have and get a really good dose of water too. Temperatures have now dramatically cooled off. Actually put on a housecoat last night while watching TV.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Its gone very cool here at the moment with sporadic rain
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

After about a week of rain in all it's forms this morning is dawning bright and lovely with a clear blue sky :jig:

I haven't put the begonias out on their makeshift slug proof table as I think they would have been washed away, so hoping to do that today. None of them are blooming and I bored with the watering duties around the house. So they will have to chance it. Will probably all get mould and rot off - thus confirming my opinion that Wales is a risky place in which to grow them.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@MD - my begonia grew two stalks, never did flower at all or even produce a bud and is now dying a slow death turning light yellowy green. I'm also bored with it as it didn't produce at all yet is taking up a spot on the ceramic planter. Just looked at it yesterday and decided it is going to meet the Bin guy. I can use the soil in the pot for another plant I need to transplant which means it'll save me a walk down to the shed......not that that is difficult or far just part of my own rationalization for tossing it out

Today the weather looks middling. Not sunny, not cloudy just in the middle. Haven't stuck my nose outside to see how hot it is going to be but am heading off to the pool for a swim and then a sit in the hot tub. Might try and swing by the hair dresser on my way home to see if they can chop off about 6" or so.

Tomorrow am driving south to Victoria for the day to shop and poke around.

Mostly just the lazy days of summer happening right now.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Finshed erecting the Pergola I made for my daughter :up and just finished making two small tables to go with my large planter/seat that I had made earlier. So now several people can sit around the large planter (up to 8) on the fixed seats and if having a cuppa/G & T, wine or or a beer will have somewhere to put it down. ;) Now I need to have a mega clean up in that area as everywhere looks a mess :(