What are you doing today?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Mad Dilys »

:D The one who is doing it is a precocious 4 year old who is half inching his grannies phone! Hence the 3 second message before he gets caught. ;)

Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Been enjoying the sun on the back deck reading as the Painter finished painting the door. Somehow the 1 morning job extended into a second day partly cause all that was done first day was the caulking and nary a paint brush was lifted.

Youngest daughter is due back tonight from visiting her sister in Quebec so will be doing a late night run out to the airport tonight to pick her up.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Bloody adverts for a Toyota car are on this page! :xx UGH - E4U has always been a bastion of calm with the outside rush rush world of advertisements gone. Hate really seeing them on the screen.

ANYWAY - This morning is a pottery morning and hopefully the new lady has run the Kilns so I'll get some of my latest creations out to glaze.

Then this afternoon is a bit up in the air. We're getting more and more homeless everywhere. In response to this I've had a few thoughts and ideas and wrote them to City Council. They've responded and want to meet with me to talk further and I said this afternoon was fine and invited them here but nobody confirmed with me so ?? Not sure we're going ahead or not but I'll return home at 1pm and if they show I'll share my (ahem) expertise ;) ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

This morning I'm ;) complaining about adverts too! This came on just after I typed my morning post above.

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I'm still seeing them too! :(
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Yep me too just complained about them on the other thread and here they are as well!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Just out of interest, have you three ladies shared any emails or downloads between you?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Nope - nothing shared between any of us (other than posts on here)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Mmm, just trying to eliminate things that may be causing this. :tk
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Haven't noticed anything but am just posting this comment to check.

Edit: PS. Nothing unusual happened :?:
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Today I added an outdoor free scratching grassed area for the chickens as an addition to Cluckingham Palace, I have named it 'Windsor Great Park' :lol: :lol: the girls love it, within minutes they were digging dust baths and dirt was flying up everywhere. It was quite comical to see them each trying to muscle in on each others dust bowl. :lol: :lol:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Today I am hoping to continue with packing up the daughter's ex's stuff which is spread all round the house. He hasn't been back here in about 5 years and has been given a deadline of the end of July to remove everything or it goes to the charity shop.

It's bizarre, I emptied a chest of drawers yesterday and found another 31 tee shirts that brings the current total to 111 shirts and tee shirts. Yes, one hundred and eleven. :?

Any small personal items I'm packing into small cases, the rest of the clothes I'm packing into labelled boxes so it won't be so daunting for him - or for the charity shop.

I grieve over the lost value of the electrical equipment. There is too much to go in the cupboard under the stairs which is absolutely crammed. I've lost count of the number of video players - I think 6 or 7 probably. Sound equipment, I've seen Bose labels, surround sound all sorts. Hundreds of CDs, DVDs and records. Quite fascinating how his mind works as he obviously lives in a different world.

I'm now enjoying the task, I do like organising things. I can't help feeling sorry for him though he's brought it on himself. I like him very much, but I can't help him any other way than to make clearing everything of his out of the house as easy as possible and when it's all done I hope I will be on my way to Ibiza! :lol: :D 8)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@MD - during my career working days I was occasionally IN hoarders homes. The most interesting was a very elderly old man who WAS a German fighter pilot in WWII who'd escaped to Peru where he found his wife and relocated at some time to the USA to a very rural secluded spot. By trade he had been a watchmaker.

His entire house, and it was 3 bedrooms/living room/dining room/kitchen, floor to within 3" of the ceiling in EVERY room was FULL. You literally had to walk sideways to get to 1 single chair in the back of the house that could be sat on. The wife honest and true was only able to sit on the laundry pile in front of the dryer. Couldn't use the washer as it was piled high. What he had IN the house was very neatly packed in boxes and meticulously stored albeit affording absolutely no room to move. What he had outside was another story and some of it had gotten exposed to the weather.

He got called in "offically" as his yard was similarly packed (but behind fences and trees) and it was only the rats that got a neighbour concerned enough to walk over (NO Trespass signs everywhere) and was horrified at what he saw re: packing boxes and if memory serves I think he knocked on the door that somehow got opened and he SAW the inside.

The honest to god TREASURES that this guy had in boxes was UNREAL..........the rest was a long story :( :(
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today I cruised out to a few neighbourhood garage sales, bought the twins an encyclopedia type book on the history of the Stanley Cup. It is about 2" thick so that should amuse them reading it for a day or so......AND they WILL read it all.......

Then I came home and wrestled some of the bigger plants out of their pots and put them into even BIGGER pots and that job is now done.

Just put my feet up when the daughter and son-in-law announced the want to bring me back a leather sofa I gave/loaned them.........as in TODAY? Really? Now?

They're turning their downstairs livingroom / sew room into partly a bedroom for the one twin. The boys have always shared a room and it is now getting really small so each will now get their own room but that means I get a whole sofa back :(

WHERE to put it? So UGH. I'm going to have to move my downstairs plants to another location and move the one stand into a bedroom so it can fit - will be a two sofas facing each other design (I guess) ...... really not in the mood to do THAT today but ?!?!?!?
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I didn't get to take the photos yesterday, but did repot my new red Mandevilla which is going crazy the way they do. I made a simple climbing frame for it as well. Similar to the one I have for my Stephanotis, but nearly twice as tall. So of course the Stephanotis which has been creeping along is growing like a weed. I might have to put another frame on top of the existing one sooner or later. :tk
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Today I have started to design my next tuffet using the scraps from the other one! Plus cooking a roast dinner etc. :D
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Oops, you have just reminded me to put my pork joint in to cook :o
I have just cleaned the inside of my car and it is no small job, as an SUV its quite big and although there is usually just myself and Annie, she can drop a few hairs that go everywhere, plus I have been carrying all sorts of stuff in the back with my seats dropped down to take to my daughters house. I was about to have a check on my retractable sunroof which is also quite large as it has been sticking and because of the safety feature to stop it trapping your fingers it has been going back after about halfway when I closed it, a bit of silicone lubricant should sort that out. :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Son in law & his friend/neighbour wrestled the sofa into the downstairs living room and only had to remove the door & hardware to be able to shove it through. Looks ok but I did like the look better before but as I hardly ever use that area (if it gets really hot I'm down there) I can live with it. They also carried an old wood cabinet that I had all my plants on into a bedroom that will be too dark for them so for now they're living on top of the spare fridge that is down there. I know I need to re-pot some of those plants so am thinking I'll be doing that this week as some can be combined into one and others do need to be potted into bigger plant pots.

Am going to bring my variegated hoya up here. I love it so not too sure why I relegated it to downstairs where I rarely see it. I'm still mourning the two hoyas I had to leave in the States. They were old and gorgeously big and would occasionally sent out that super long feeler arm that would just float out like the arm of a space alien (til it got so long I'd chop it off).

Today at 11am am meeting friends at the Pub for breakfast. One local Pub puts on a lovely brunch 11am - 2pm every Sunday. Quite enjoy it and it seems mostly Seniors go so is comfortable to go to.

Wrote a letter to the City along with all the other Pottery ladies asking they do NOT close the Pottery studio for July & August since we lost the last couple of months. Not my idea to do this. One of the other ladies lead by example and already wrote so I chimed in too. Hopefully they'll keep it open but not too sure as usually everything closes for August as that seems to be the month to do repairs, renovations and get everything fixed. Be nice though if they would extend the pottery year.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Well I had some right fun with my sun roof, I have never seen such a complicated mechanism and once I opened it again it took me ages to get it back closed again. However my friendly (ex Automobile Association) mechanic neighbour came down and between us we sorted it out, an accumilation of dust and debris in the tracks that you cannot see unless it is fully open and how often do we open a sun roof in our climate? :urm: I doubt if I have fully opened it more than once in the last year :roll: I must check it more often. :up
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I am so glad that I put my phone on Do Not Disturb at night. I blissfully slept through a call at 2am when I had only been asleep for less than an hour due to "busy legs".

I was only slightly tempted to reply early this morning when I knew they would all be snoring, but decided that wasn't in the spirit of Ramadan. I simply left a voice mail at a reasonable time saying my phone is switched off at night and I hope that my reply was not at an inconvenient time for them, wished them well with no further explanation. :up