Veggie Garden

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Veggie Garden

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I think I'm done getting all the veggie garden in - 4 tomato plants (I love to give them away to the daughter + neighbours), carrots (planted a seed tape of the seeds for the first time ever but the grandkids will eat all the carrots the can get their hands on so wanted to make sure I got the seeds in all spaced out for the biggest carrots I can grow. Am not thrilled with trying to thin them), green beans, Spanish onions, lettuce (will be picking it soon. Last year I didn't buy lettuce from about now 'til late fall), beets & peas.

Does anybody have much experience with growing herbs? In that are herbs really perennial?

I have a Rosemary in a largish pot that does well year after year and I will admit to tearing out all the oregano as it was taking over and I don't use that much of it.

Just bought yesterday a Pineapple sage and English thyme. Planted them together in an 8" wide x 18" long (maybe 24" long) cedar planter. I always seem to get these two growing for a season but they don't over winter so every year I'm out there buying another one. Are these delicate? Do they have special requirements? I just don't seem to be able to get them established.

Chives do well and are established and flowering now.

Parsley does well and I did put a 'Chocolate mint' into another cedar planter that was in an off location just cause I know the mint will fill it up and grow grow grow. I don't really use mint so the planting was more for the look of just having something green in the pot.

Guess I'm asking for tips on herbs.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Veggie Garden

Post by Horus »

Keep cutting them ;)