To P or not to P

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

To P or not to P

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Since it has been mentioned on here a few times that bathroom breaks are becoming a way of life I too have to admit I can't pass the loo without going in. It has become my newest and latest hobby to christen each and every bathroom I pass. I swear I know the location of each and every bathroom in each and every store & park in town here. I live in fear that I'll go for a walk and come to the bathroom and find out that the Parks guys have not yet opened it and that huge heavy chain is circling the door with a pad lock that gives bolt cutters a run for their money.

About 10 yrs ago due to incontinence issues the doctors put in a bladder sling. Helped a bit but definitely was not the be all and end all and now I'm querying what good it really did as I'm still frequenting bathrooms umpteen times a day.

I don't think I'll ever have to take pills to reduce the fluids in me as I do that regularly. IF I can sleep through the night without having to get up and flush I consider me lucky.

I sometimes wonder if everybody who enters their mature years goes through this?

Good to know I'm in good company!

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: To P or not to P

Post by Mad Dilys »

Get up lots in the night, but can happily go shopping for a few hours with no problem. Odd. :tk
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

So long as I'm walking and moving the "urge" doesn't comes upon me as much however stop, sit down or lay down and the water works turn on.

I will admit to drinking lots of tea in the evening. Probably just habit but I love tea after supper so being able to swill back several large cups doesn't help the cause of sleeping soundly through the night.

I also think drinking coffee in the morning - not much - one to two cups starts me off. I have read that caffeine will irritate the bladder.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Too much information, perhaps ;) BUT I take a morning Diuretic, Furosemide 40mg, and for 4 or 5 hours I must be withing a short distance of the nearest loo. Bl**dy nuisance so if I am going out I take my tablet when I return home or, on very rare occasions, I miss one altogether.
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Our time just jumped ahead at midnight Saturday night so getting up this morning for the 5:15am ferry sure seemed early.

I seem to be able to sleep for about 3 hour blocks 'til I have to P so am usually up around 3am-ish anyway so this morning was right on time for a bathroom break 'cept I had to then stay up and get to the Ferry for 4:15am (1 hour before boarding). Soon as the cold air hits the kidneys I have to go again but was there early enough I could walk to the bathroom without having to go the entire length of the parking lot. Then when I got onto the Ferry I though I'd better P again before going to sleep for 2 hours (time of the crossing). I leave the car window open a crack so I can hear the announcement when we get close to docking so I can rush up the interior stairs to hit the bathroom before I drive off the Ferry.

Take about 45 minutes to get to the Border and :o this morning the wait was 30 minutes! Not that that is horrendous but usually around then I'm feeling the urge with the next bathroom being about 5 minutes down the Interstate at a rest stop............!

Got to the office to get all my documents handed in and I think I'm now A-OK for my US pension (until they send me another letter wanting something else - hope not).

Spent the rest of the day which turned out to be very sunny and VERY HOT. Shopping was interesting as always with well paced P breaks incorporated.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

You certainly do some gadding about LLL ;)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

@LovelyLadyLux
LLL, our cross channel ferries from Dover to Calais (France), 28 miles, take about 1 hour 30 minutes but you cannot stay in your car. You are called about 10 minutes before docking to return to your vehicle.

With Eurotunnel, Le Shuttle, you stay with your car on the train for the 35 minute crossing from Folkestone to Sangatte via the channel tunnel.

We put our clocks forward one hour on Sunday 25 March. I cannot understand why, if we must change our times, everywhere changes on the same date. It must be a real headache for airlines keeping up with what timezone they are in.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

The same rules apply on our other ferry crossings such as to Ireland, you have to leave your vehicle for the duration, although it may well be that unlike our own ferry services LLL's may have 'top deck' parking when making the crossing.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

That did occur to me H but as LLL said she would go up the stairs to the loo, I assumed it was a covered car deck.
But I do agree with you, LLL certainly gets about but I think she has explained her reasons, particularly the cheaper cost of similar products in the US compared to Canada. I get the impression that Canada costs are probably very similar to UK costs.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

This is the ferry I much prefer to ride on :) It is 10 yrs old, new, modern, large.

http://www.bcferries.com/onboard-experi ... ation.html

This is the ferry I go out of my way to avoid - 42 yrs old :(

http://www.bcferries.com/onboard-experi ... berni.html

Way back when in 1976 the Province acquired Ferries all "The Queens of ... Alberni, Coquitlam, Cowichan" etc - The Queen of Alberni is the smallest (not by much) that I would take but these three are getting old. Many smaller Ferries that go to the other out Islands.

One of our Ferries is now taking passangers between Tobago and Trinidad.

Another Queen of Surrey later re-named Queen of the North sank about 10 years back (101 people on board but only 2 lost) coming from Prince Rupert to Port Hardy (overnight trip that is LONG - omg it is LONG) You get onboard and sit on old wooden chairs, then you claim floor space and sleep. Bring your own blankets or freeze. Food? Food? (Bring your own)

Me and the BC Ferry system has a love/hate relationship. If it ever came to a vote I'd vote for a bridge!

My entire life you could stay in your vehicle on the Ferry. About 3 to 5 months ago Transport Canada decided to enforce a RULE whereby people had to get out of their vehicles. Went over like a lead balloon as many people drive literally hours to get to the Ferry and really NEED to sleep on it. Now they only force (and I don't know if they really are enforcing it) the Truck Drivers on the 2nd deck to get out of their trucks as it is a closed Deck. The car decks are open so I can stay in my car and sleep. Am usually on Deck #4 so have to go up 2 Decks to the loo. ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

That is what I suspected that some decks are open. If you were below decks in a closed area with restricted access like stairs and lifts then that would be very dangerous if the boat sank, whereas on an open deck you just need to get out of your vehicle.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Am at the terminal now typing on the kindle wireless keyboard waiting for the Coastal Inspiration. Deck two is the truck deck but there are stairs so if the ferry was going down I would imagine you would runup the stairs. You would not last long if you hit the water here anyway.

On another note this keyboard is small but better than the virtual one. First time I have used it and noticing it does not automatically capitalize after period and I need to findout how to make the apostrophies and commas etc. Backlighting on the keyboard would be nice too but I suppose that will come as an upgrade in a future version.