BORDERS & CUSTOMS

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

BORDERS & CUSTOMS

Post by Kiya »

I got a new TV aerial recently which gives me a lot more channels now.

Strolling through them I came across PICK no 11 through the remote.... Borders and Customs , have any of you watched this ?

It's on afternoons and sometimes evenings.............I've seen it at Canada, America, Australia etc etc , OMG ! the things some people do to hide drugs, food stuffs etc etc is shocking, unbelievable :o

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: BORDERS & CUSTOMS

Post by Grandad »

When I saw your title Kiya I thought, 'Here we go, discussion of the Republic/Ulster border'
I have not seen the program but IF we have a hard border between North and South of the island of Ireland, there could well be material for the events you describe.
I do hope not because we have come a long way from the Northern Ireland problems and I believe a hard border after Brexit would lead to trouble again.
:gg:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Yes I agree with you .
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I often watch those border control programs Kiya, it is interesting how different countries deal with customs and immigration, Australia are positively aggressive and so are some of the USA/Canada border crossings. There is one little guy at Dublin airport who goes out of his way to be a pain in the backside while trying to make out he is only doing his job, the biggest laugh is he thinks he is bilingual often saying to people from Spain "Ok amigo, comprend'e" or something equally offensive.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

There are so many TV channels now that you could have the set on from early morning until very late at night if you chose, and watch something new all the time! I often see Border Force when DH is flicking through in the evening. It's a fascinating programme sometimes! I have taken to watching on 'Catch up' a programme that started last week in the mornings. I'm usually busy in the mornings so watch it on my iPad in the afternoon. It's a 45 minute show on BBC in which they re-evaluate old criminal cases where the defendant had been hung. Usually, a descendant is involved too, who is looking for exoneration of their relative. Well worth a watch. :up
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I am watching that one as we speak RS :up
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

RS, Oh I caught something like that yesterday, if I remember correctly it was a man trying to clear his great great grand fathers name. Don't know all the details as it was nearing the end when I saw it.