SLIDESHOW

If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

SLIDESHOW

Post by Kiya »

I've been trying to make a presentation in PowerPoint 2007.

So far I've added to slides Backgound, Pictures, Frames, Text, Music, Transsion & time between each transsion.

I've looked on the Help button in PP 2007 how to copy onto CD etc.....(that's for a later date)

I'm stuck on the last slide so it is here I need HORUS & GRANDAD'S help.

Can you help how to make the last slide fade & also to make the music fade out ending the slideshow ....please :)

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: SLIDESHOW

Post by Grandad »

Kiya I have never used PP so can't help. Perhaps Horus will be able to.
:gg:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Thanks anyways Grandad :) Using PP is easy enough once you have an idea of what your doing & what you want to add to your presentation ;) :)

I'm not even sure yet if its possible to get what I want for my last slide...........I shall wait & see what Horus comes up with hopefully :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Kiya, as it is just another thing I use now and again I cannot always readily remember all the options off the top of my head. I am fairly sure you can do what you want, you should certainly be able to fade the slide, if I get a bit of time I will take a look and get back to you. :up
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Thank you Horus, no rush just when you can :up :)

I know I could fade the last slide but its getting the music to fade away is more the problem.

I'll keep searching & trying ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Kiya, where is your music linked too, is it via Windows Media Player?
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Kiya, as some of these features are version related I cannot give you a real answer, because my own version is quite old. As I think you may have a later version than me (via Roy ;) ) I have found you a couple of links that may help you, you will need to follow the instructions and see if the relevant menus and icons are visible in your copy of the program. I would add that as you will be messing around with what I assume is your finished version of the presentation, that you first of all open it up and then 'Save' it under a different name, (maybe as version 2) that way you can work with the copy without any risk of messing things up.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/fade-mus ... 39688.html

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/add-audi ... 52740.html
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

My music I got from YouTube then Roy got me to open YouTube MP3 convector, I then got my music from that and saved it to my desktop.

The presentation is more or less finished apart from what I'm trying to do with the last slide................I think it would look/sound better on the last slide for the photo & music to gently fade out rather than a sudden end.

I have saved your two links & will have a good look through them tomorrow :up :)

Oh nearly forgot I will have a version 2 tomorrow to mess around with :up

Thanks for now :) :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Good luck with it :up
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Horus are these the right ones to use for my slideshow :?:

As far as I've read with the links you gave me & reading some on the "Help" button in PowerPoint 7 I don't think its possible to fade music & picture at the end to fade out.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Also forgot to ask have I anything to do with DVD's before I start ?
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

As far as I've read with the links you gave me & reading some on the "Help" button in PowerPoint 7 I don't think its possible to fade music & picture at the end to fade out.
That is the conclusion that I came to Kiya, but not having a recent version I could not check it out for you, I know my older version will not allow you to do it. :(
When I do anything like that I tend to use another editing program that does allow me to mess about with fading music etc.

As to your DVD's, they should be OK as they are larger than ordinary CD's so will hold far more information. Not sure what 'burner' you will use but most of them will have some sort of visible inteface that will show you how much space the thing you wish to burn is taking up, often it shows a RED line and somewhere else there may be a BLUE line or similar that must not be exceeded.
(this is usually visible after you add the file you want to copy to the DVD)

Also if you are given a choice try an duse the SLOWEST burning speed even if your CD burner is capable of faster speeds, so if say you can choose from 4X 8X 16X 32X or higher and it may indicate your burner is above 4X capability, I would still choose the Slower speed option if you can, it will take a little longer, but more likely to avoid any errors.

Also I see that they are RE-Writable discs, no problem using them but check that you have not put anything on them previously by putting it in your CD drive and opening it up, it should be empty.

There may also be another choice of what type of disc it should be burned as, again if given the choice choose one that says it is compatible with TV viewing, or a TV slideshow.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Thanks for all info Horus :up I've copied it so its at hand & to watch out for when I'm ready to burn......something else I've to be self taught ;)

The DVD's are a new pack I bought today...........I thought maybe that I had to format them to begin with :ni:

Thanks again :up :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Kiya, just put them in your CD drive, no formatting required for ANY CD or DVD, but as I say be carefull to label them up as that type of disk (RE-Writable) can be over-written to be used again unlike a normal CD or DVD's, otherwise they are no different. ;)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Ok Thanks :up

I've now found out since making a slideshow Office PowerPoint 2007 does not support the direct burning of content to any DVD format.

As an alternative I have to copy it to a folder & then use DVD-burning software to import the content & create a DVD.

What burning software do you suggest Horus :?: I need one to have everything I've added to my slideshow pictures, text, music etc.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Kiya I think you still have windows 7?
If so, then open up Windows Media Player, Go to 'Start' and in the white box above, if it says 'All Programs' click on the box and it should show up as 'back'. That will change the list above to show a longer list, now look to see 'Windows DVD Maker' in that list and click on it, you should now be able to drag and drop your file into the open window and take it from there. :up

This may also help you
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... rn-rip-cds
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

I don't know what's happening but its not, nothing seems to be working with me to day. :(

Roy downloaded this for me iSkysoft Video Editor & I've went straight to the Full Feature Mode, I'll look at it more tomorrow.

It is something similar to this that Roy did a presentation for Uni work.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Not familiar with that one Kiya, but if I can help just shout ;)