What is Hurghada like?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: What is Hurghada like?

Post by Grandad »

And I expect you will end up back in east Anglia, Justin and Lynne, back to your roots, but enjoy the adventure in between. :up

:gg:
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Ruby Slippers wrote:Just out of curiosity, and relevant to this topic, has the Redsea4u closed?
I just keep it open for people to play games now since the people who ran that side have all left Egypt.
Choccy

Post by Choccy »

"All is not its cracked up to be in their chosen country"

Is Luxor and Hurghada in a different Country then, or is it the Tourism Industry and their brochures that make it seem that way.?
Choccy

Post by Choccy »

Our intentions of where to finalise our eventual stop is far far away from East Anglia Grandad..... But thanks for your concern.

I am now in contact with DJ on this post so will not need to ask the forum and more questions on this, or comment anymore on other posts that are irrelevant to my original post. Thanks all, for the meaningful posts.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Choccy you seem to be just as confused on this forum as you are on the other one, why on earth do you ask people a question then get all uppy when you don't like the replies is a mystery to me. Many years ago you stated your intention to go to Australia, so there is no mystery as to where you want to end up, unless you have changed your mind ..... again. You take a quote out of my reply to you of "All is not its cracked up to be in their chosen country" then ask a stupid question like "Is Luxor and Hurghada in a different Country then," You know quite well that it isn't, but you should also know that the Red Sea resort area is artificial and in the real sense it is not Egyptian culturally, something you continue to go on about liking so much, unless of course it involves you not having a local night club or a Christmas dinner. So you either want to imerse yourselves in the rural Egyptian life with whatever that involves, or you want to be a tourist. 8)
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Welcome to the forum Choccy - :lol: :lol: :lol: Wish you luck selling your house in Luxor, hope you find something suitable in Hurghada, wont it be lovely to be by the sea ? I only went there once -- not for me. Preferred Nuweiba village, nice restuarants, nice people and you could always buy the only "campsite" with little stone houses- there, what a business opportunity for you ! ! !
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I felt the same about Sharm, but as you say Nuweiba is a different kettle of fish, I once knew a Swiss guy who had an hotel there, but it would be too quiet for Choccy and if the Bedouin start kicking off again he will have to flee to Israel or Jordan. Maybe one of those nice coloured sandstone caves in Petra would suit him with a small tourist shop outside. :lol:

Choccy

Post by Choccy »

I am not Upppy like you call it, Horus, but like most just get sick of irrelevant posts that have nothing to do with the subject asked, and people going off on tangents. I mean to say what on earth has East Anglia got to do with the question asked? If East Anglia is back to my roots that just proves people do not know where my roots are, only the last place I lived, on average the typical person moves every 7 years, so 4 moves in 26 years is about the average person, for those keeping records on me and my wife, in a similar way a stalker stalks their victim.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Choccy, I thought you said....
Choccy wrote:Our intentions of where to finalise our eventual stop is far far away from East Anglia Grandad..... But thanks for your concern.

I am now in contact with DJ on this post so will not need to ask the forum and more questions on this, or comment anymore on other posts that are irrelevant to my original post. Thanks all, for the meaningful posts.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Believe me Choccy I have absolutely no interest in you whatsoever other than what you post on the forums. I will make this observation though, you seem to ask questions to things that most of us know already, but when anyone replies you get very protective, where for example did stalking come from? If you disclose your personal life on an open forum then you must expect people to make a reference to it. For instance you talk about forming a motorbike club and the lack of road safety in Egypt, then in the next breath you talk of allowing your wife to ride pillion without a crash helmet because it messes up her hair, can you not see how ridiculous that sounds to others? You brag about how canny you are and how you will import builders to Egypt to construct your villa, then get stung big time and have loads of defective work to remedy at extra cost, but it is not me saying these things my friend, it is you.

It is also yourself who talks about vengeance against the perpetrator and how you will hunt them down wherever they are, well my friend if that is not stalking then I don’t know what is, what it does show however is your naivety to start with. You display the same sort of contempt for the people on this forum who were willing to help, but your condescending attitude of dismissing others opinions is in keeping with your past behaviour. As for going off at tangents, well judging by most of your past posts you are a major offender in that particular area, often slipping in comments about a certain Dutch lady into other peoples threads in an attempt to resurrect your own vendetta against her. This may also come as a surprise to you, but as a frequent visitor to Egypt I have met her and her husband and I have also met you on one occasion and like most things in life people make up their own minds as to the character of each person they meet, to a skilled ’people watcher’ like myself it is an enjoyable pastime seeing the image they wish to project of themselves, but I always keep my observations to myself. ;)
Choccy

Post by Choccy »

Excuse me this is my first post on Egypt4u.....

Horus you may like to tell this forum on why I got Jurisdiction for theft against your friend in the Luxor Courts and why I will soon have Jurisdiction against the partner in crime for aiding and abetting. Jurisdictions are issued when evidence beyond all doubt is submitted and the Courts pass the laws. You may also like to explain why the person who jurisdiction was granted against fled Luxor a few days after receiving the letter from the Courts saying that Jurisdiction had been granted and a further Court case would follow, that is enough circumstantial evidence to prove guilt. This person had the opportunity to prove their innocence in a Court of Law but decided to flee instead. You may also want to explain to the forum why she owed many others money, including back rent etc. Also can you explain to the forum why the person withdrew 4000 Euros to go to their native Country to see her son who was in Hospital Dieing, from an account I set up for them to build a villa for me and my wife. Their son was not ill at all, and the person used the money to holiday in Katwjick, at a guest house owned by people called Mr and Mrs Poolviet. I still have the txt from her partner in crime asking me not to contact them because the son was not expected to make it through the night. I have photos from the internet that are dated showing this person on a beach in Katwjick, so you mmay want to explain why this person was whooping it up on a beach when the son was on his death bed in Hospital. You may also like to tell the forum why this person had land for sale on an internet website explaining they are selling it because the English Man who owned it had been called back to England, you seem to know so much about the case, in fact more than myself, maybe you should explain everything. You may also want to explain to the Forum why this person was working in Luxor without a work permit, and taking away work from locals, you may also want to explain why this person was running an unregistered business, You may also want to explain why this person came to Luxor from her native Country in a rush, it was not because they loved the place, but because this person was a friend of yours you will surely know this. you may also want to explain why this person used 3 false names when advertising their ill got gains on internet sites but used the same telephone number. You might be able to explain why this person used the name Lucienne while still living in their native Country. Finally can you explain why this persons husband died a wife beating Alcoholic but in fact is very much alive and living in Cairo, and has an active Facebook Site. Explain these facts to me can you, I will maybe then have a better understanding of your friendship with the person. Finally maybe you knew this person had over 30,000 sterling in shares in KLM and Royal Dutch Oil, like stated in a statement issued on the internet, but yet there is no trace of these shares either directly bought from these companies or bought via agents under this persons name. I have not stated anything in this post that I cannot prove in writing or by documentation. So go back to your friend and ask them to make the same comment on the things I have stated, do not tell me the answers you get, I will tell you them...
Choccy

Post by Choccy »

You may also ask how I got all this information from this persons past, well this person used to live at an address of ********, (address deleted by Admin) and I have contact with a person who lives in the same passage, also my Brother in Law lives close by. the Authorities in this persons own country have copies of Police Reports and jurisdiction, so lets hope they never become out of work because the Bank statement copies can prove that 33,000 sterling was paid into this persons account by myself, I am sure they will want to know where it has gone, they aslo intend to contact me if these people try to claim for further information.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Choccy, my first reaction was to delete your post as the typical ranting of a disturbed person, but I will leave it to stand for the time being.
First of all let us get something perfectly clear, now read my lips and don't go doing your usual thing of getting all your facts completely wrong!
I said I had MET this person, I did not say at any time that she or her husband were friends of mine, neither did I condone or defend what she did. In the same way as I said that I have MET you and neither does that imply you are a friend of mine either, it merely says that I have met and perhaps even spoken to you. So please, before you go making incorrect statements, get your facts right an don’t jump to conclusions, it makes the rest of your rant look ridiculous.

It is about time you got yourself under control and actually start to READ what people say instead of just jumping to the wrong conclusions as you normally do. In typical Choccy fashion you assume that you know better than anyone else, that you are better than anyone else, that you dress better than anyone else and you have wealth and a lifestyle better than anyone else, well my friend it may come as a surprise to you that many more of us are in the same position of wealth and lifestyle and maybe even more so than you, but we don't feel the need to tell everyone we meet in an attempt to impress them, something you constantly seem to do.

So back to your silly tirade, here is another surprise for you, I was staying in hotels in Luxor before you learned to spell the name of the place and amongst the various hotels there has been the Etap, a place where the person you constantly go on about husband used to work, usually behind the bar, so what is so strange in having met them both on my travels?

You go on about The Jollie Ville as if only you can afford to stay there and because you appreciate the class of the place, another surprise for you, we stayed there on a regular basis and watched it grow from a small private island with a very nice hotel to the large complex it is today. We stayed there because it is peaceful and away from the hassle and not because it is supposedly a 5* hotel because actually it isn't, it would barely rate a 4* at best if compared to anywhere else in the world, in addition many other Luxor hotels have better facilities, so why you keep attaching so much kudos to the place is beyond me, unless as usual you are trying to impress us all? By the way it was at this hotel that I also met the person known as Justin Karlson, but that does not imply he is a personal friend of mine or that I support his views either.

You are very welcome to post on this forum, but I will not allow it to become a place for your rants and vendettas against people who you have some sort of feud with, that is entirely your concern so keep it that way. You may also like to look back over your time and the posts you have made on the blue side and reflect as to why it is that you usually rub people up the wrong way, or is just it a case of "oh look! all of the army is marching out of step apart from our Justin" 8)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Choccy, I only occasionally read the 'Blue Side' but I DO notice that your views on there and on here are completely inconsistent. On one you are singing the praises of living in Luxor and on the other you are decrying the downward decline of Luxor and your plans to 'Get Out'???

I particularly found your thread 'Egypt to Cyprus' interesting and not a little naive. You ask about ferries to Cyprus, people come back with some answers that THEY have Googled. For such a man of the world is Googling beyond your ability? And as for taking your motor bike to Cyprus, just trying to impress again I suppose. :(

You never seem to learn Choccy but my best advice would be to keep your head down or you will keep getting it shot at.......
Choccy

Post by Choccy »

Everyone has to have a holiday, once a year....

Let me put one thing right, I love Luxor, but to live here is getting harder and harder, there is such a lack of different things to what there used to be. Inconsistent products in shops, is a prime example, you go one week there are plenty then 4 weeks later they may get the same product in again. At one time we would shop at one Supermarket only, everything was there on a weekly basis, now we have to visit 4 different ones, to get what we want. I thought a few months ago things were starting to pick up again, streets were becoming cleaner, but its just gone straight back to a year ago. Luxor has definitely changed, its dangerous trying to get about on the roads traffic is everywhere in every lane and in every space, young speeding motorcyclists are a problem they take no mercy on pedestrians at all, riding with no lights the wrong way etc. We never go into Luxor in the evening it feels different, I cannot put my finger on what. Its hard to live in a place like this, and getting harder we used to go out every night to Luxor, now we value our safety, a while back, a motorbike overtook me whirring away at its final limit, no lights on at all on the West Bank superhighway, he shot off into the distance, next thing I saw was a stream of sparks in front on me, he had clipped a pedestrian wearing dark clothes and gone on to hit a parked public transport vehicle parked on the road with no lights, even I had a job noticing there was a service vehicle parked there. So its hard really to know what lies ahead for Luxor. Like i said I love Luxor as a place but living here is really getting tough.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Well you are close enough to many other regions to have a holiday outside of Egypt, depending upon your interests, There is a lot of history elsewhere in Europe and the Middle East, if you enjoy ancient history then you have Jordan on your doorstep, so a cruise on the Red Sea starting in Hurgarda or even Safaga would include the option to visit Petra when the ship called into the port of Aqaba in Jordan and as you enjoy dressing up there are lots of options to put on your best bib & tucker to dine in the restaurants onboard or to go to the Captains dinner & cocktail evening, we enjoyed it very much.

Another choice would be Rome & Naples, lots of history (Roman) and of course close to places such as the Coliseum and the cities of Herculaneum and Pompeii, both excavated after being buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. The Coliseum was built by the Emperor Vespasian and completed by his younger son, the newly designated Emperor Domitian. Who also has a connection back to Egypt and if you have ever visited Denderah Temple not far from Luxor you may have seen several kiosks from the Roman period in the outer wall, one of these as you approach the temple was built by the Emperors Trajan & Domitian, he of Coliseum fame.

Cyprus is also very close to you and there are some excellent hotels on the island, I personally prefer to stay in Paphos although back in the mid 70’s I preferred Famagusta because of its beautiful beach and old town, but of course since the Turkish invasion of 1974 it has ceased to be somewhere you can visit, which is a great pity. You would like the ‘Constantinou Bros Asimina Suits Hotel’ very luxurious and private. ;) I see that you fancied touring the island, well I think that Michell over on the Blue side gave you a very good background regarding the driving although I would describe the main towns as like that, but driving in general a bit less hectic when out and about. Road wise your choice is between very good motorway like conditions between main destinations of say Polis on the West coast and Protaras on the East coast. Most other roads can be little more than dirt tracks and the last thing you would want to do is ride a motorbike on them, not only for the dust, but your suspension would be knackered. Hire cars are fairly cheap and a lot more convenient. You could drive all over Cyprus in a good day and through the Trudos mountains in about an hour, so its not exactly ‘Easy Rider’ country. To the East side is Cape Greco where one of the two British bases is located and the youngsters favourite resort of Ayia Napa.

Food is generally very good and there are lots of places to eat out, but remember that ‘Kleftico’ is a roast lamb joint and not a Cypriot thief. :lol:
Choccy

Post by Choccy »

Got my Cyprus holiday sorted thanks Horus due to lack of transport flying to Europe and then back out again and hiring a motorbike out there.

Petra is beautiful we went there on a tour when holidaying in Eilat to anyone this is a beautiful place and well worth a visit. Don't know how you would get there from Egypt with having to cross the Sianii but there my be a boat available.

Must confess regarding Italy I have only been to Venice and the northern lakes of Garda and Como but they were again stunning but this was before George Clooney bought his villa there they may now be packed areas. :lol: