Help needed please Horus

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Help needed please Horus

Post by Grandad »

@Horus
H I was trying to compose a post with photos when for some reason I got locked out. If I tried to Preview what I had prepared, I got a mrssage 'You are not allowed to access this site. Contact administrator' I could use the back arrow to return to my post but then if I tried to delete an attachment photo I got the same message agian. Even when I deleted the attachment in the actual post, when I was able to review, the image was still there?
If I can avoid it, I don't want to go through the whole process again so I have left it unfinished, I could not even save as a draft, got the same message???? Any clues please ?

:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Help needed please Horus

Post by Horus »

Difficult to say what happened Grandad, but I suspect you got 'logged out' in some way to get that message. It may have saved your unpublished post in draft form, but again maybe not. Also it is possible to add an image twice, I think it happens when you drag & drop images and then use the 'Insert images inline' option below the text box to put them in a position you want within your post, I know it works weirdly. The best way if you want them to appear mid post is to put them in via the gallery option, or do as I do which is to drag & drop my images in reverse order of how I wish the list of images to be viewed.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Thanks H. I ended up starting afresh and it was OK. I know I had uploaded the same image twice but there was no way that I could delete one of them. Nor could I remove an attachment from within the post. If I highlighted it and deleted it, it was still there in 'preview'
Anyhow, thanks again. It is not often that I have a problem.
:gg:
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

I agree with Horus sounds like you got logged out or the hosting were doing some maintenance which temporarily made the forum offline whilst you were making your post.