Solar Farm Idea

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Solar Farm Idea

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I was really quite impressed by this idea. For the first time it seems an obvious effort was put into fixing something and correcting it vs just trying to TAX us about it. We now have to pay a "Carbon Tax" which is apparently going to FIX climate change I the world.

Anyway this idea Giant Floating Solar Farms Could Extract CO2 From Seawater, Producing Methanol Fuel struck me as quite a good one (you'll have to cut and paste and then click):

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottsnowd ... 41d2a43aa2

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Solar Farm Idea

Post by Grandad »

Not knocking the idea LLL but I think you would need many thousands of such 'Islands' to have any impact on the reduction of atmospheric CO2. The only answer in my opinion is to get rid of fossil fuels. There is so much going on in this respect and I think the UK is up there with the leaders.
We have solar energy farms springing up all over the country and wind farms are growing apace, particularly offshore. Add to this the development of electric vehicles and an end to coal and gas is not too far off in the future.
You and I and other friends on here may not see it but look ahead a hundred years and I think we would see a very different world.
But we need countries like India, China, and not least USA to start moving seriously towards fossil free developments......
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Solar Farm Idea

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I quite concur this would be super expensive and we'd need millions of 'em but what I mostly like are the concept ideas. Am more than sure there has to be a solution.

Our solution here is NOT to have wind turbines cause we don't want to touch the coastline - we can't even let ships come down our coastline (of all the stupid things) and whilst we have solar it is really really expensive to buy it.