Hi Folks!

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Hi Folks!

Post by Mad Dilys »

I have had an ear/eye to the forum but making a contribution has been difficult for many and various reasons. Now I can sit at the table for longer it is possible for me to write, I found it very difficult otherwise.

Originally I was going to come here to Ibiza just to see my residency application through. Thought it was one meeting and then back to Cardiff to get the electrics sorted and make the house safe and water tight so my daughter can rent it out. I would also get my stuff ready for the big move to a new country and a new way of life. However, best laid plans and all that...…….. my accommodation was going to take 4 to 6 weeks to complete. I've been here 7 so far and I reckon on another 3 to 4 at least.

We have also had "builders" working on the main house. I really do wish we had filmed their efforts, I'll tell you about them later.

I am pretty well and in better physical shape owing to the unexpected amount of housework I've been doing!
My daughter damaged her back so I've been doing what I can, and it really works. Unfortunately it doesn't reduce the arthritic pain, but you can't have everything.

The weather was pretty cold and cheerless for the first few weeks, but very pleasant now. Of course I thought my stay was going to be shorter so I am very short on appropriate clothes but that's a very small thing as I seldom go any where to need "appropriate clothes" and here no one cares or uses an iron anyway.

Today Big Dog the 10 year old Doberman has been taken to Ibiza town to get a ECG as the local vet doesn't have the equipment. He should be back in a couple of hours and I hope the result is not what I fear. The Jack Russel bitch is lying by my side just waiting for a chance to boss him about again.

Now to change into my Kitchen Fairy role before the folks get back - I'll post more later.

Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Hi Folks!

Post by Horus »

Nice to hear from you MD, :) I had assumed you were very busy over there, we have all heard about 'Spanish Builders' :lol: :lol: so hopefully you get that sorted very soon. Look forward to hearing all about your trials and tribulations once you have settled in, take care.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Good to hear from you MD :up You have been missed.
Are Spanish builders worse than Egyptian? I doubt it :lol: :lol:
Hope the dog is OK, keep in touch :up
:gg:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Might be better if they were Spanish. :lol: They are mostly British. ;)

There is only one working on the underground tanks today as they have had a falling out. 8)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Your day sounds very much like mine :st
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

My daughter called to say she would stay in Ibiza until Big Dog is ready to come home. She will chill out at the Vegan coffee shop next door to the Vet's.

When she arrived at the Vet reception the conversation went like this-
Nurse "That's a very big dog!"
Daughter "Yes"
Nurse "That's a very big muzzle!"
Daughter "Yes"
Nurse "Has he bitten anyone?"
Daughter "Yes"

A full report had been sent from our local Vet stressing that the dog was nervous but generally very gentle but had accidentally bitten someone many years ago and so precautions were always taken with new people and places. You would think that the receptionist should have been informed.

The Kennel Club gives 69cms ideal height for male Dobermann. Big Dog is 75cms so yes he lives up to his name. ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Wow he is big and as to the muzzle, better safe than sorry. :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Great to hear of your ups/downs/adventures/mis-adventures/comings & going :) Hope the big dog is ok and always best to take precautions. Am sure your workmen equal the ones here IF you can find one here who will actually show up AND do the job.

Keep us all in the loop :) :) :)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Good to hear from you MD :) Hope everything settles soon with you and Big Dog :o

Looking forward to hearing more from you soon :)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

This should be a very busy day, but I'm at a loose end. Loads to do but ....... for a start we have no water again. :urm:

Tonight my daughter is hosting a monthly meeting and of course likes the house clean and tidy in spite of The Builders who are still part of our everyday life. The part time gardener was also supposed to be moving the garden fish into a temporary preformed pool while their old one was cleaned. I have always got on very well with said gardener until he started to ignore my advice on planting shrubs (Hibiscus as it happens) and carry on doing things his way whilst actually arguing with me. This is not a good idea. :td

Unfortunately said daughter has rather over booked her meetings for the day, as after the morning school run the first was from 10.00am until 1.00pm. By the time she got home - and found that we had no water yet again - she had a call to say that her son had hurt his shoulder so had to collect him from school and take him for treatment. I did whatever I physically could until I ground to a halt, but had to take several 15 minute rests with my shoes off and feet up because of damaged tendons in one foot and lots of arthritis in the other, but thanks to the gentle warmth here I am moving so much better. Just think it was a glorious 25C here a couple of days ago but in Cardiff was "9C feels like 6C with rain forecast". Of course everything got done in time by the skin of our teeth as usual. The gardener did a magnificent job on the old pool, making sure the resident frogs were in a place of safety while cleaning was in progress and we can see right to the bottom of their pool, at least a metre deep but only a square metre of surface area.

I really want to take some photos, but my camera is low on charge and I forgot to bring the charger with me.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Nice to hear from you again MD :up I can well imagine you going head to head with Manuel, Que? :lol: :lol:
Just a thought, many cameras have the same charger socket (on the camera) to the ends of many PC leads, such as charging a Kindle etc. or a USB lead.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Great to hear from you and sounds like your days are full but great you got the pool done with all 'residents' safe and sound.

Can you try charging your camera via plugging it into your laptop via a USB cord? For some reason I think that might charge up your camera. Would love to see your place ;)