Uploading

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Uploading

Post by Kiya »

Can someone help ? I'm having trouble uploading photos to a new post.

I've tried numerous times, so far when I try to go to my album on here I cannot see anywhere to " upload photo into post " then sometimes it takes me straight to my desktop for photos ??? anyone I'm really stuck ! :(

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Uploading

Post by Horus »

Kiya, here are the instructions I gave to Grandad, also read the post 'For Grandad[/b]' that I put up as a supplimentary post.

Posting images is now a lot easier, you do not need to rezize anything or to keep below a certain file size, the forum does it for you. I am copying a post I made over on the Blue side to help them out. Please note you cannot put the images alongside each other, only stack them

To add a photo to your post, here is a simple way:
1. Select the 'Full Editor' option beneath the reply/subject box.

2. Minimise the forum page so that you can still see your desktop

3. Open up any picture folder on your PC/Laptop and again minimise it so that you can see both minimised windows.

4. write up your post.

5. Select a photo from your own PC/Laptop folder and hold down your 'Left' mouse button as you drag it across into the same box that you typed your post in and then release your mouse button. You should see the words 'Copy' as you drag the image across'

6. Now if you look right at the very bottom of the text box you should see a photo identification number below where it says 'Add Files'

7. Now click on the button that says 'Place Inline' but MAKE SURE that your cursor is either on a fresh line below your text or at a place in your text where you want it to appear, but again on a fresh line, although it will still place the image below the last piece of text you typed when you view it in the forum.

8. As I have mentioned previously you can also hold down your 'keyboard 'Ctrl' key and keep left clicking on several individual images to select them all at the same time. You must still drag and drop them by holding down your left mouse button as you do so. Not as difficult as it may appear. ;)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Horus, further to our PM's and your 20+ image upload, I am still getting a message "Cannot upload more attachments, 5 is the limit" or words to that effect. I have done exactly as you say in the tutorial that you have added above for Kiya??? I get the same whether I upload singly or as a selection.
Is there any reason why we could not stay with the old method that we all used without difficulty?
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I can't understand why I can upload multiple images and you cannot? perhaps Kiya can try uploading about 10 images as per my instructions to you both and see what happens? It may be that for some reason I have some more permissions as Forum Admin that allows that, but I don't think that is the case here, I will have to ask Keefy about it. As to keeping the old method, afraid that is not possible with the new forum software update, we really should consider ourselves lucky to have anything at all as the new layout comes without an album fascility, I know that Keefy put a lot of work into making one work on here.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Oops, I did not know and neither did Horus, Because he his the Forum Admin he does not have any restrictions on what he does, however members have the limit set to 5 also the filesize of each photo must be under 1 meg, no limit on dimensions.

Personally I would use the attachment setting for when you only want to upload a few photos, you can not line them up side by side, The Gallery is best for many images and you can line them up side by side

If you use the Gallery you can upload 10 at a time, the dimensions are 1280 X 1280 however it will ignore the dimensions and resize any photo that is bigger in dimensions, again each photo must be under 1 meg.

To post the images in a forum post:

In your Gallery or in the Gallery Albums click on the title of the image which will open another page, copy the Image BBCode: and paste that into your post.

TIP: If you are adding a few photos it might be easier to open the GALLERY in a new tab.

10314 10315 10316
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Test uploading attachments or adding photos here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1904&p=52520#p52520

You wont break the forum so do has many tests as you want :)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

@DJKeefy
I tried your suggestion Keefy but there is nothing in the BB code line to copy???
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Keefy, I am also finding some of this hard to follow, just explain more about the BB code as I cannot follow your logic, maybe a few screen shots would help?
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Go to the GALLERY (best open in a new tab) click on one of the albums, in this example I will open "Only In Egypt" now you will see the photos in this album, click on the TITLE of the photo (not on the photo), in this example I will choose "Train Egypt", another page will open where the BBCode is (example in photo below) just copy this code and paste it in to your post.

Image1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Thanks Keefy, it works now but I do assure you that It didn't when I tried earlier. There was simply no code showing. I quite like this method of moving images into posts from a second tab. :up
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

I've been trying, I can manage to place photos in my " Users Personal Album " on here but the problem is getting a photo from there into a post.

I'll try more over the weekend using instructions from H and K
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Thanks Keefy, it seems that I was not clicking on the actual title to show the code ;)
8744 8743 8747
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

@DJKeefy
I give up :( It worked yesterday but is not working today. I AM clicking on the image title in my album, the page is opening, there is a line for BB code BUT nothing appears in the box?
What has changed from yesterday?
My only option is to break a long'ish post into several small posts with up to 5 pictures in each post and I don't want to do that :(
Edit: Sorry to be a PITA but it is now working again from two tabs. I will shut up and try to do my post....
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

@Grandad I have tried using your account permissions and can not replicate your problem, it shows the BBCode always.

I will keep looking in to this though :)