SpaceX Crew Dragon Hatch Open

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

SpaceX Crew Dragon Hatch Open

Post by Grandad »

What an achievement, to send an unmanned capsule to the International Space Station and dock it remotely. This apparently was a 'Dummy' run for what will be a transfer vehicle to take up to 4 scientist/cosmonauts to the ISS. It will be released for return next Friday but it future it will remain docked for up to 7 months and then bring some of the crew back to earth.
I can't get too excited about space exploration but I do find the research done on the ISS important and valuable, and the technology fascinating.

This trip was appropriately called a dummy run because Ripley, a life size research dummy was on board :lol:

:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: SpaceX Crew Dragon Hatch Open

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I've heard this mentioned in passing on the News but we've been inundated with 'news' re: our Prime Minister scandal that is going on so we're getting very little else.

Briefly our Prime Minister moved our Attorney General (First Nations Woman) abruptly from AG to Veterans Affairs and then she, after a month resigned. Lots of queries and questions so he let her talk and she did outlining how his PM office pressured her to intervene with a Company SNC-Lavalin on a deferred prosecution re: corruption charges. Her testimony showing undue influence has EXPLODED everything here even to the point of finding out that whilst our French PM is trying to PROTECT his French Company (none of which is ethical) amongst other things they purchased $30,000 worth of prostitution for Ghaddafi's son!!! It is a mess and I can't without writing a book even give a synopsis but the calls for our PM to resign are loud and getting louder.

Anyway - our TV News is not mentioning hardly anything else but all these developments in space are fascinating.

More fascinating to me would exploration to the bottoms of the oceans! And/or what is UNDER the Arctic and Antarctic glaciers. Can you imagine what is resting on the bottoms on the oceans? Equals all that we might find in space.