OSCARS!!

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

OSCARS!!

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Anybody watching the Oscars tonight? It is the 91st showing of this awards night (or self award night)

Seems the theme of the Oscars this year is 'diversity' in that a few years back there was an outcry that films that made the Oscars were pretty WHITE. And apparently, as per Canadian News here, this is because of systemic racism in the Film Industry where only white mean are featured. Apparently Hollywood is against women too.......and this year there are very few women in films. This has to be because of innate prejudices.

Have to say none of the above are my own observations - picked it up via the TV News talking heads but now that they say this and people hear it they believe all of it. I find this constant mantra a bit tiring.

Anybody have a favourite up for an Oscar? And was it a good movie?

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: OSCARS!!

Post by Grandad »

You are two days early LLL, the Oscars are on Sunday. We get the results Monday morning. I am not a big movie buff but I like to see UK productions doing well. I don't even know what the nominations are this year.....
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Hmmm - guess I got taken in by all the talk and discussion of them. Thought they were tonight (not that I plan on watching unless there is negative zero on other TV channels).

I don't believe I've actually watched any of the movies listed (not even sure of the movies nominated) but IF they win an Oscar and come onto Netflix I might watch then.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

So the Oscars are tonight! ;) Still doubt I'll watch them unless I can't find anything better on Netflix. Hoping all the movies nominated make their way to Netflix so I can watch them there.

I'm not a Cinema goer but sometimes do hear of really good movies that are must sees. This past year I don't believe I've heard of any and/or nothing Hollywood has turned out has caught my eye.

Our TV here is definitely promoting, as an Oscar nomination, a Documentary of a man who free climbs a sheer granite mountain wall. The documentary of his climb is up for an Oscar and is probably every 3rd commercial on TV these past couple of days.