For RS

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

For RS

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Yesterday as I was cruising the streets downtown I found a fabric store. I always like the price comparisons.

Here in Mexico Guttermans thread 547m, polyester is 28 pesos or 1.12GBP. In Canada it would be easily 4x that amount. I usually use cotton thread and have been buying 1000 yard spools out of Texas for $3.99 (free delivery) which is about 3GBP.

Quilting fabrics started at 15 pesos a meter for new modern patterns and colours. One lady in the store was buying 5 -6 meters off every bolt.

Didn't pick up anything this trip as luggage is full and I think I am close to weight limit but next trot this might be the first stop.

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: For RS

Post by Ruby Slippers »

That is so cheap, LLL! Almost on a par with Egypt. I remember one time I bought 43 metres of cotton in Egypt for £28! It's a good job they didn't check the weight of our hand luggage coming back though! :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: For RS

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Once I get home I'm going to do an inventory and see what I need........well ..... I really don't NEED anything "but" ?? I'm sure I can/will NEED something ;) I have ideas for the next few quilts I'm going to make plus all the fabric plus enough fabric for 10 more but Will be having a look see to see if there IS anything I need and will definitely get it next time I'm here. Resisted this time but highly doubt I will next trip.