Could you do this?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Could you do this?

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Could you do it? Could you come to the exact same job day in and day out? In the few years I've been coming here there are two ladies who side on plastic garden chairs every day and paint these which they sell (rarely as they're only in this resort) to us tourists. They appear 7 days a week from 10am to 7pm EVERY DAY. I don't believe I could do this at all. I think I'd go crazy.

Likewise every day this man stands on the beach and flies this parachute advertising this Bar. He arrives approximately 10am-ish and is out there 'til abut 5pm. All he does is sit and fly this. He's also been here for the past couple of years. There isn't a remote hope I could do this but I guess poverty takes away freedom of choice which is sad. I just always think these mundane jobs are harder than if you're actually doing something.

BTW - I was in the restaurant when I took this picture behind the netting that keeps the birds out.

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Could you do this?

Post by Grandad »

Anything to earn a crust I suppose.

The big thing about all your reports from Puerto Whatsit? is all the colour. There seems to be a rainbow of colour in most of your pictures. :up
:gg:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I'm puzzled. If the painters sell very little, are they very, very slow painters? :tk :lol:
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The painters sell very little as their price is astronomically high. They're asking $80+ for each of the large bowls. Granted they're wood, hand painted and then lacquered but the price is pretty high. I don't think I've ever seen anybody buy one or even anybody carrying one although that being said somebody somewhere must be buying them. I think they're gorgeous but I also think they've a very strong style all their own. If you buy one and put it on your table it will be quite over powering unless that is your style.

Course ALL the tourist stuff is extremely high here - very much like Luxor.

Am pretty sure most of the tourist stuff here is now 'made in China'.