What AM I doing Today in the World?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: What AM I doing Today in the World?

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Horus - Sounds deee-lishious :P :eat :eat And it sounds like my type of recipe too.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

A few weeks ago I posted some pictures of some self seeded Nasturtiums in a small border corner and in a patch of neglected soil near a small wildlife pond, I try to leave these natural if I can to help the insects, bees and Butterfly's, this is how they are looking today.

Last night I was also inspecting my dwarf Buddleia bush that I planted in a large wooden container and lamenting the fact that it was covered in flowers, but I had only seen one Butterfly in the garden in the last few weeks. This morning as I was reading the forums I looked outside and it was covered in Small Tortoiseshell Buttefly's, there must have been about ten or more. It has been very warm these last few days but a bit breezy, so maybe that is stopping them from flying, anyway I don't feel it has been a waste of time now I have seen a few taking advantage of the lovely smelling nectar that the plant is putting out at the moment. :up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

They're all looking lovely :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

All of them are looking lovely! You sure seem to have an over abundance of flowers on the nasturtiums too. I'm getting more green leaves by far but mine are also in a veggie garden full of manure aka nitrogen ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Me again H - was on the run this morning but want to say you've definitely got some lovely orange butterflies out there on the buddleia. I get white ones here on mine and lots of bees hang about on the lavendar that is also growing close. You buddleia also has quite a nice shape to it. I quite like the container you've got it growing in.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I made the container from some old decking that a neighbour was throwing out, it is quite big and can easily sit two or more people on each of the four side benches fixed to it.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Quite overcast today and yesterday was too so I didn't cross the door but did cook at turkey, cut out enough squares for the top of another quilt, got 2 house plants transplanted up into bigger pots, set up my little aquarium so as to acquire another Betta fish and knit a dishcloth. Was just one of those productive days where I set out to do lots and did!

Late this afternoon I'm heading to the Dentist to get a crown inserted. Old one (probably one of the first I ever had) cracked but am thinking it lasted out 30 some odd years.

Not too sure what all I'll be up to today. Thinking .........
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Been out and about on the new scooter. I am quite liking being able to ride on the roads particularly when pavements are narrow or bumpy.
Been very windy here the last couple of days and some tomato plants had blown over so I spent time securing them. Long trusses are beginning to develop and some are starting to change colour. :up
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today I've been going through my linen closets sort out what I'll donate to a girlfriend for her Mom who has suffered a house fire. I've never met her Mom but I'd guess-timate early 50ies. Nobody was hurt but she has lost pretty much everything. I'm figuring if any linens did survive the fire the clean up of having to wash them to get the smoke out isn't worth the effort so I'm seeing what I'm not using. Never really realized I seem to be hoarding pillow cases so have quite a few of those to pass on.

I'll meet up with my gf at the Pub tonight and pass these so I'll also be dining out tonight.

Got my new crown at the Dentist yesterday and am now probably sporting more gold in my mouth than anywhere else. Next is a CT Scan (mid-August) on the bone graft then an implant. That gets to sit for a further few months for the bone to grow around it then another crown on that.

Today is going to be watering day. I get the odd days of the week to water so I'll be out with the watering can shortly.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Very kind of you to help LLL :)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Our daughter took my wife shopping this morning. She is still suffering from some bruising but is on the mend.......I think ;)
While they were away I did some dead heading and then made coffee.
Although cloudy it was warm so I sat outside and thought 'Coffee in the Jungle' because from where I sat, that is what it looked like
;) :lol: :lol:
IMG_20190801_112512.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

It looks lovely and colorful :) ..................I cant say the same for your coffee far to weak for me :( :)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Kiya wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:50 am It looks lovely and colorful :) ..................I cant say the same for your coffee far to weak for me :( :)
That was the light Kiya. We don't have any milk, just brewed with a coffee pod.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad You've definitely created a lovely outdoor sanctuary area for yourselves.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Got to pack an overnight bag for tomorrows pacemaker appointment, just in case they keep me in over night. Probably not but they ask you to come prepared.
I have to check in at a hospital 16 miles away but a daughter in law, who is a teacher and on school holiday, has agree to take me and bring me home later tomorrow or early Friday.
I will let you know how all that goes. Just hope they check that the battery is fully charged. :lol: Life these days seems to revolve around charging batteries; from scooter to mobile phone, Kindle Fire to ipad, headphones to selfie stick. The list goes on ;) :lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad Hope the appointment goes well and that your ticker will keep on ticking :)

Today me and the daughter along with the crew went to the Theatre down Island and saw "The Magician's Nephew" which is the first book of the Narnia series. Was well performed. The grandkids loved it however they also LOVE all the books re: Narnia and can state off all the characters and who does what. Then we went for a picnic to a local water park where they happily ran and ran and shot water canons at each for for over an hour. En route home we stopped at a local bakery for tea, a double dipped chocolate and 2 Long Johns :up
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Good luck at the hospital today, Grandad!
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

@Grandad Hope everything goes well for you today :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

LovelyLadyLux wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:51 am @Grandad Hope the appointment goes well and that your ticker will keep on ticking :)

Today me and the daughter along with the crew went to the Theatre down Island and saw "The Magician's Nephew" which is the first book of the Narnia series. Was well performed. The grandkids loved it however they also LOVE all the books re: Narnia and can state off all the characters and who does what. Then we went for a picnic to a local water park where they happily ran and ran and shot water canons at each for for over an hour. En route home we stopped at a local bakery for tea, a double dipped chocolate and 2 Long Johns :up
Sounds like you all had a fabulous day out :up I have been trying to sort a few things out before Annie and I take another short trip in the caravan.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Have the crew this morning and we're making crafts. When they go just after lunch I'm going to call a fellow about buying a cement buddha. He makes them but I'm thinking it'll look a lot better sitting on the stump out back overlooking the veggie garden than the present pot of Mint that always seems to be dry and dying.

Right now we're all watching "Drain the Ocean" which is presently the twins all time favourite show to watch. Grocery shopping will end the afternoon.