What AM I doing Today in the World?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Hurghadapat
United Kingdom

Re: What AM I doing Today in the World?

Post by Hurghadapat »

LLL....eagerly awaiting the next instalment ;)

Your weather is much better than mine as freezing cold and snowing again here in the NE of England :a55: :vc:

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@HurghadaPat - Yesterday (Friday) at breakfast all was quiet and calm on the waters out there ;) However when I strolled for lunch and I went early 11:30am-ish 'lo and behold' there was the old boat and torpedo tube thing just sitting and bobbing on the waters. As I was being seated up roar TWO Seadoos, did something with the driver (in a flash) and both roared off and the parachute guy was down by the water on the beach over in front of the little cabana things. He then walks back up, drops the parachute and sits.

It is all very cryptic and for a short stay tourist you'd never really notice anything. I've seen this same little boat 3 yrs running and it is apparently their work to come to a remote-ish beach and just bob on the waters for hours on end hoping what - a tourist might swim out and ask you to tow them around?

I can say from when I stay at the hotel in Nuevo Vallarta there are torpedos, skidoos and parachutes. These are on the beach too but they're drive all up and onto the beach so tourists can get off and on - totally different visual of recreational stuff being rented out to tourists vs what I've watched for a few years here.

Should be cruise ship day today (and cruise ships might be totally coincidental to all this) so will see who is out there when I go for brekkie.

Weather is still a lovely high 70ies to low 80ies. Quite lovely to go stroll out and lay in the shade. Forecast for my home area is possible SNOW (the dread "S" word) this weekend. Weather has been unseasonably warm there (since I'm gone) and it better not be SNOW for when I get home! UGH
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

To up-date the saga and to add another curious feature - this morning there is no bobbing boat + torpedo and, in fact, there are NO SELLERS of anything anywhere at all!?!?! More than curious and everybody is talking - "where are they?" I over heard the table on the one side of me saying they've come here for 11 years and this is the first time they are seeing nobody out there.........

Another table behind me is bemoaning that they're leaving this afternoon and so planned to go and buy all their souvenirs this morning and now no sellers - WHAT are they going to do??? Was tempted to say 'don't leave all your souvenir shopping to the morning you're going to leave'

The beach is totally completely clear. Am off downtown to just do a walk around and see the sights and will be back here later this afternoon for lunch so will see what the beach presents. Definitely interesting there is nobody with the piles of blankets, piles of beach dresses, hats, cigars ....... curiouser and curiouser

:a65: :a65: :sd: :sd: :a65: :a65:
Hurghadapat
United Kingdom

Post by Hurghadapat »

Curioser and curioser.....very strange that none of them are there,which makes me even more convinced that in some way they are all linked for whatever reason.Lol...bet all this has made your holiday just that little bit more exciting.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

This afternoon was craft afternoon with my Grandaughter. We ended up making 3 hair scrunchies and a bandana! Just a normal Saturday afternoon then, apart from the fact that I'm on my knees with fatigue, having been up since before 2.30 am! :zz
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@RS...I hope not up that early due to not feeling well. I don't like it when I can't sleep but have a big day of activity.

Scrunchies and bandana sounds like nice activities.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Got back to the hotel this afternoon (2pm-ish) and the beach was back to normal. No idea when it got back to normal but everybody was in place.

En route downtown I did see 1 cruise ship in dock and so the little old boat + torpedo was anchored off the beach along with 1 Seadoo and the parachute was flying.

Most amusing to watch. Am sure it is all linked but ??? :tk :tk :tk
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today is the Super Bowl. I'm not even sure who is playing but it'll be a big event here. Not going to go into the Lobby where big screen TVs are being set up and, am sure, this place will host a party so everybody watch it. A can feel a pool lounge calling my name so will be reading, swimming and basically hanging around in a bathing suit today.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Just saw on TV that today re: Super Bowl there will be 1.32 BILLION chicken wings eaten. The ad was also saying that because of the high number of wings eaten this accounts for all the sales of chicken meat over the next few weeks.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

The game was live here on BBC LLL but in the early hours of this morning. I simply do not understand the game so even if it was during the day I would probably not watch it. But 13 - 3 to the Patriots sounds a convincing win. :up

BTW WHERE HAS KIYA GOT TO? I THOUGHT SHE WAS ONLY AWAY FOR A WEEK AND IT IS NOW ABOUT TWO WEEKS? HAVE YOU DECIDED TO STAY GIRL ;) :lol:
:gg:
Hurghadapat
United Kingdom

Post by Hurghadapat »

Grandad wrote:The game was live here on BBC LLL but in the early hours of this morning. I simply do not understand the game so even if it was during the day I would probably not watch it. But 13 - 3 to the Patriots sounds a convincing win. :up

BTW WHERE HAS KIYA GOT TO? I THOUGHT SHE WAS ONLY AWAY FOR A WEEK AND IT IS NOW ABOUT TWO WEEKS? HAVE YOU DECIDED TO STAY GIRL ;) :lol:

Unless she has access to free WIFI it is very expensive to access the internet with a UK phone and if using your own data on your phone it literally eats it
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I think Kiya was going for a week (?) but maybe 10 days and if so she might be just home for a day or two now. Am figuring we should see photos of her trip soon.

I want to hear about the jumping out a plane!!! You'd have to push me and I'd be hanging onto the plane for all I'm worth......
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

A few comments from the last few days.
Firstly I wanted to see which foxes are still in the area so I set the trail cam. Sadly I got nothing and on inspection I found that the function selector switch was malfunctioning and as it is a sealed unit on the pcb, I ditched the camera. Question now is, shall I get another one?
Still on cameras, I sold my Fuji X10 to a very happy buyer in Cardiff. I am still deciding whether to dispose of my last camera, the Panasonic bridge camera. I am holding fire on that one for the moment.
You may remember that I said it would be useful IF we went anywhere with wild animals. I was secretly hoping that we might make it to a game reserve in Africa or India BUT; after much thought over recent days I have had to concede that holidays such as safari's or tours are now out of the question. I simply have to face the fact that my mobility is no longer up to it.
SO, as a short compromise and to give my wife a break, I have today booked a week at the beginning of June in a smart hotel in Cala Major, Majorca. This ticks all the boxes; 5 star, on the beach, all sea view rooms, high class cuisine but with bars and restaurants just outside. I have booked airport assistance and airport transfers. I checked the cost direct with the hotel for the same room grade and same dates and they were more expensive that I got via BA holidays which includes flights. BA actually do some good deals.

I suppose next time I shall be looking for a coach trip to Blackpool :lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad - interesting you brought up cameras. I've arrived at the conclusion that my old point and shoot Nikon Coolpix is on its last legs. While some of the photos it is taking are ok it takes it forever to focus and often I get a "lens error" message and probably more than half of the pictures are tossed as too blurry. I'm guessing it could be something like 15+ yrs old, has been a great little camera for putting into my purse and traveling. I really enjoy my larger cameras but it is getting too heavy carrying everything around and this little one works well.......sooooooooo was on Ebay last night looking at what is out there.

Am now back to the first hotel today too.

Briefly I made reservations and all was hunky dory. I did my first week here and then moved over to the condo. I checked in and during this time a lady came and asked if I would meet next day to get updates. Not a problem and I agreed to 10:30am.

All hotels here try and sell you tours and trips and I know the one huge show "Rhythms of the Night" has now moved from an Azteca format to a "Cirque du Soleil" so I figured this was what the updates were.

Long story short the condo have converted to TIME SHARES and I was roped into a TIME SHARE presentation!!! I sat through the 10 minute chit chat still waiting for the Tour Guide to appear, listened to the saga of how they need to increase business blah blah blah but I had it in my mind that I was going to hear if there were new tours..........I'm usually fairly quick thinking and I have no idea why I lingered with these guys but I did.........I said 'no' and the pressure increased. In hindsight I should have just stood up and walked and almost 2 hours later I did ......... the REAL kicker though was when I later in the day checked my bank and saw a "pending" transaction for $12,000!!!!!!!!!! Did they really think I was going to BUY a condo? I was down in a flash and demanded to see the Manager who told me that this was now the norm and it was only PENDING Needless I was back to my normal cold, hard, fiesty self and told him I'd be calling the President of Mexico himself if that charge went through .......... :xx :x :xx :x

It did disappear but how absolutely nervy to put a Pending charge for a TIME SHARE onto my Credit Card info (which they had from check in). IF I could have gotten back here to this hotel asap I'd of been gone. Talk ANGER!! So that was the saga. WAS, emphasis "WAS" a nice condo but since they're switching to time share I guess I'll have to start looking for another place. By the by I did hear others talking around the pool of the same experience I had. Quite a few were real angry re: high pressure to buy (although I never heard anybody else say they had a pending charge put onto their credit card)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

OMG, what a liberty. And who can say that after you left they could have falsely listed you as a Timeshare owner and taken the money. Have they debited the correct amount for your stay?
I do know how easily it is to be drawn into these sales pitches but you just have to be rude and walk away.
Enjoy the final week of your long holiday and put that event down to experience.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

LLL, what an experience! I'd have been steaming too! It's a good job you checked because being on holiday, a lot of people wouldn't have! :xx I even feel angry on your behalf! No wonder you couldn't wait to go back to the first hotel.
Hurghadapat
United Kingdom

Post by Hurghadapat »

Grandad wrote:A few comments from the last few days.
Firstly I wanted to see which foxes are still in the area so I set the trail cam. Sadly I got nothing and on inspection I found that the function selector switch was malfunctioning and as it is a sealed unit on the pcb, I ditched the camera. Question now is, shall I get another one?
Still on cameras, I sold my Fuji X10 to a very happy buyer in Cardiff. I am still deciding whether to dispose of my last camera, the Panasonic bridge camera. I am holding fire on that one for the moment.
You may remember that I said it would be useful IF we went anywhere with wild animals. I was secretly hoping that we might make it to a game reserve in Africa or India BUT; after much thought over recent days I have had to concede that holidays such as safari's or tours are now out of the question. I simply have to face the fact that my mobility is no longer up to it.
SO, as a short compromise and to give my wife a break, I have today booked a week at the beginning of June in a smart hotel in Cala Major, Majorca. This ticks all the boxes; 5 star, on the beach, all sea view rooms, high class cuisine but with bars and restaurants just outside. I have booked airport assistance and airport transfers. I checked the cost direct with the hotel for the same room grade and same dates and they were more expensive that I got via BA holidays which includes flights. BA actually do some good deals.

That sounds lovely Grandad and what a thoughtful husband you are ;)

I suppose next time I shall be looking for a coach trip to Blackpool :lol: :lol:
Hurghadapat
United Kingdom

Post by Hurghadapat »

@LLL....saying as you have now left the condo i don't suppose we will ever find out now what all the strange goings on on the beach were all about :tk
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Mexico is FULL of times shares and I avoid them like the plague. These guys had all the paperwork filled out and everything. So presumptive that I would want to buy into that place too. Started out at $25,000 cash and then I'd only pay $970 for the next 25 years. I spluttered something (cause I was getting uptight) and it immediately dropped to $15,000 for 15 yrs and the last offer was $12,000 which was around when I left. Talk about cheeky!!! They really took the cake. I'm only annoyed with me that I gave them 5 minutes of my time but I really thought the update they were talking about was tours.

And, no I never will know how all the comings and going end. I'm positive all those guys walking up and down doing nothing are really doing something but it all looks relatively innocent on the surface.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I reckon they are Timeshare touts trying to scam tourists from the cruise ships :lol: :lol: