What AM I doing Today in the World?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Hurghadapat
United Kingdom

Re: What AM I doing Today in the World?

Post by Hurghadapat »

Horus wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:31 pm Pat, just see how it goes for a few days, as the forum is operating on new software there are a few glitches here and there, but get back if it doesn't sort itself out. My own thoughts are something is slowing your PC down, maybe a poor internet connection?
Just logged into forum on my phone and i can see Grandads photos ok so it's just on my laptop that i'm having the problem.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Do you have a good internet speed and connection on your laptop?
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Sounds more like a cache problem on your laptop that as old files stored, try deleting your internet files (clear browsing data).
Hurghadapat
United Kingdom

Post by Hurghadapat »

Horus wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:32 am Do you have a good internet speed and connection on your laptop?
Download 15Mbps
Upload 2.66 Mbps
Connection is good most of the time.
Cleared the cache.... anything else i should do ?
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Did it solve the problem?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Off to the Pottery studio today. Haven't been overly inspired lately but have a few ideas for today of Garden items I can make :)

Am doing lots of gardening. I have a new pot for a Hosta that I planted into a ceramic pot. Granted the pot was cracked when I plopped it in there (after I dropped the NEW pot I'd bought) but now after 2 years of being outside I really must get it into another pot as it has literally forced the round pot into an eliptical shape and the crack is widening. The pot gets binned either way but I guess I need to get on it :)
Hurghadapat
United Kingdom

Post by Hurghadapat »

DJKeefy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:33 pm Did it solve the problem?
No...unfortunately.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

The only other thing I can suggest is that you use something like 'Malawarebytes' and run a full scan.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Here is a link for the software, but make sure that you choose the 'Free' version and don't upgrade after your free trial.
https://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes/ ... 04572.html
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Hurghadapat wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:31 pm
No...unfortunately.
I have replicated your problem (using Chrome) by looking at the forum as a guest (not authorised to view the images) and then signing in under a test account, the images still showed as (not authorised to view the images) once I cleared the cache (cached images and files) (all Time) then pressed F5 to refresh the page, the images showed :)

not_authorised.jpg
cache.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hurghadapat
United Kingdom

Post by Hurghadapat »

Horus wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:17 pm Here is a link for the software, but make sure that you choose the 'Free' version and don't upgrade after your free trial.
https://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes/ ... 04572.html
Thanks for the link but i already have it on my laptop.....will scan sometime today and let you know if it solves problem.
Hurghadapat
United Kingdom

Post by Hurghadapat »

DJKeefy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:57 pm
Hurghadapat wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:31 pm
No...unfortunately.
I have replicated your problem (using Chrome) by looking at the forum as a guest (not authorised to view the images) and then signing in under a test account, the images still showed as (not authorised to view the images) once I cleared the cache (cached images and files) (all Time) then pressed F5 to refresh the page, the images showed :)

not_authorised.jpg

cache.jpg
Have run Malwarebytes....several Pup viruses so cleaned all that up but still no success so ran ccleaner,and that's sorted it can now see the photos.Thanks for all the help though.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

That's good, I think its just a case of some bits were slowing things down, running both probably helped as not everything gets caught when you do a scan.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today I had no wifi this morning cause the Company was here connecting me to fibre optic! Finally - woo hoo! However by early afternoon we had a bad wind storm come through sufficient to knock hydro off. Just came back on now. Winds have gone down too.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

You should be a lot faster now you have fibre optics :up We have just had a really wet day, it never stopped raining all day together with high winds, what a change from last week when we had a heatwave.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

@LovelyLadyLux
Out of interest LLL, what speeds are you now getting? It is 4pm Sunday afternoon here and I am registering 36.9 mbps dpwnload and 9.7 mbps upload, I pay for fibre but that is not direct to my house, just to the nearest connection and then by wire to my home.
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad - re: internet speed WHICH I pay an arm and a leg for ($100/month for wifi, $100 for minimal cable TV and then IF I had a landline phone it would be another (I think) $40/month) our service controls the speed so I get Internet25 which means my speed optimally is 25mbps. After hooking it up yesterday the fellow said I was at 46mbps however am sure by this morning I'm back down to what I pay for. Still having a bit of trouble re-hooking up my antivirus but will get that sorted out. Lots of discussion re: our wifi services in general as we pay way more than other countries who also get way better service.

Today is a beautiful day so was thinking where to go to take photos. The downtown parks are out as they've all been taken over by the addicted homeless since our City decided to give them everything for FREE (on my tax $$) and most of the other parks around here are under Cougar Watch!

Since the housing crisis the City has been cutting down all wooded areas which has driven the wild life crazy. A 4 yr old was grabbed and mauled by a cougar here 2 weeks ago. The child's mom (who will not probably suffer nightmares forever) was able to beat the cougar off (she was in the yard beside the child) and hold her child but it was fast and bad. Cougars have been sited watching other school yards and there are 'alerts' and watches happening everywhere. Even this past January when I wasn't here there was a cougar behind the house that ALL the neighbours saw. In the last 2 weeks alone we've lots 5 house cats on this street alone.

Since the decline in rabbits around here due to that virus last year and the taking down of woodlots I'm more than positive the animals are starving which is making them desperate........but........it is still making where to go for a walk difficult.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Sounds like your best option LLL is to get yourself a big dog to protect you on your walks from cougars and from the down and outs.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@H - it is getting really sad around here. Just read a new article where there is a local farm that opens once a year to allow the public to come and see all their baby goats. This was this afternoon from 1pm - 3pm. Gates close and now they notice one of the baby goats (12 days old) was stolen!

A local Tattoo Studio (not that I've ever been) likewise had an open house and now approximately a dozen of their taxidermy display items have been stolen.

We went from about 13 Block Watches to 189 and counting now where neighbourhoods have a Block Captain and get reports to and from the RCMP and are taught what to look for re: crime. It has truly gotten crazy here with all the bleeding hearts seemingly leading the way i.e. ALL the addicts are really nice people who have had a hard time in life. They're responsible for nothing and "HOW DARE" the rest of us criticize or in any way want to hold them responsible for anything - YET the one hard crime stat where I live is that CRIME has increased (since last November 2018) by 256%!!!!

I am seriously thinking Guard Dogs!!
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Running into town yesterday to collect a prescription from Boots and an online order from M & S, I realised that I have had the scooter well over a year now. It is not that I can't walk at all, I can, but rather slowly and over short distances so the scooter has given me so much more freedom. And the ability to transport it in the boot of a car. :up
The round trip into town with a few diversions is just shy of 4 miles. The battery condition indicator was exactly the same when I got home yesterday as on my first trip into town more than a year ago. SO, it looks as if they fit a decent battery in GoGo scooters :up
I have my angiogram procedure tomorrow so depending on how it goes I may be absent for a day or two. Sometimes they keep you in overnight or, if there are complications, they whip you off to a London hospital. Worst scenario, I know, but no harm in being prepared. ;)

I now have 18 Red Cherry tomato plants coming along. I disposed of the remaining seedlings, how many tomato plants do you need??

I had a problem with the battery life of my new'ish Huawei mobile phone. I returned it and have been advised that it is on its way back to me this morning. If still not happy it will go back again. With an indicated 50+% when I went to bed the battery was completely flat about 10 hours later just on standby with no apps running. That shouldn't be.
We will see. :?
:gg: