What AM I doing Today in the World?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

What AM I doing Today in the World?

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Listening to the surf pound the shore, watching pretty big breakers coming in carrying a host of surfers trying to catch them. (Do you have a host or group or bunch of surfers?)

Watching a young man roam the grounds with a hawk on his leather covered glove periodically letting it fly to the top of a tree or palapa to chase away all the little birds intent on gobbling up crumbs leftover from tourist snacks.

Took or tried to take photos of the loo in the ponds and streams meandering through the grounds.

Fell asleep for a while, had a cheeseburger without the cheese for lunch as there is no option of ordering a plain burger (go figure).

Talked to a couple from Oklahoma City and another couple from Toronto and knit another washcloth.

Now for the rest of the day....hmmmm....

What are you really doing Today?

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: What AM I doing Today in the World?

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

This is the condo I moved into. Old, lots of flowers and the grounds are beautiful with ponds of koi, peacocks and flowers everywhere

These are some scenes from downtown Puerto Vallarta when I walked along the Malecon. I missed the dancers but did walk up when they were just finishing. Couple of the newer statues that are there for tourists too.

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

The condo is nothing like I imagined LLL. I had a vision of a simple apartment block, nothing like that.
But to be honest your holiday is all sounding rather boring :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

;) ;)
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad - took these to show the daughters where I was at but I will give you a sense of the condo. Again just have the small handheld camera with me so some of the photos are not turning out as well as I'd like but this is the kitchen and living room.

This is the ceiling in the kitchen. It is brick and domed up. Really quite interesting how they made it but I think the idea was to keep the ceilings high so the heat will rise there.

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Great photos! :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I would be happy to live there :up
Nothing wrong with your pictures LLL, all very nice :up
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Lovely photos LLL, love the statue of the last one. :)

I would easily stay in the condo, looks though everything that you need is there :)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Just lovely, all of it. :lol:
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Yesterday I was sitting down in the hotel lobby sipping on a morning coffee watching the world go by. Saw one huge Limo arrive and the scurry of the fellows to open doors and get everybody out with luggage. Then another and another and another and "Wow" seemed lots of limos were arriving.

Went out and when I got back the Lobby had huge welcoming banners up "Welcome BREVANT" and in smaller letters "semillinas"

Down on the beach tons of straw mats had been laid out, round white linen draped tables with round rice paper lanterns were set up with pulsing strobe lights in all colours - really looked like it was going to be quite some reception party.

This morning that area of beach is still cordoned off, lots of tables still set up and also staff brought in about 40 rectangle desks with a red tool box on top of each one along with huge paper easels (somebody going to be doing lots of workshop type stuff, brain storming and probably doing something with tool boxes right on the beach - 'cept it is SUPER hot here today and I dunno how long any Exec is going to be working out in the direct hot sun.

I peeked into the Ball Room which has now been divided up into conference rooms so Brevant aka DOWDUPONT CHEMICALS that produce SEEDS for all our crops is doing some serious thinking and work.

From Google: The Brevant™ brand will serve existing customers of Agriculture Division by replacing the Coodetec and Biogene® brand products in Brazil. The Brevant™ brand also will replace the Dow Seeds® brand over the coming months following the merger of Dow and DuPont.... it does go on to say that they're looking at Region to Region growing blah blah blah except for the USA.

Was tempted to find "El Jefe" or "El Patron" (the Boss) and give him my opinion with what they're doing to our seeds but since it is Mexico I decided again it and rationalized to me that since they're not going to be selling (openly) in the USA I shouldn't sweat it.

These guys are sure doing it up in style though - crystal goblets decorating the Lobby, music, the snacks and treats are all supreme confections. All the waiters are running around wearing super tall white hats, total white clothes with a big fluffy red neck tie scarf.

Brevant has also brought in literally a dozen huge inflatible and plywood type signs with their Company name and logo.

Interesting to watch big business as they're all definitely treating their own very well here and, not 1 woman in all of them. All these Exec types are men. Each and every one of them.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Interesting to watch big business as they're all definitely treating their own very well here and, not 1 woman in all of them. All these Exec types are men. Each and every one of them.
That says it all LLL :( So what do all the women do within the company, work on production lines I guess :(
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Last night they had a huge party on the beach. Another complete set up with professional photographers, a drone flying high taking photos of them that was being broadcast onto two huge screens set up to show the party. Balloons, crystal glasses, musicians setting up, waiters carrying trays of food and drinks.

I watched it from the restaurant while I had my supper then left and not that I heard one sound it had all the makings of a huge blow out party. No cost was spared at all with this. Probably as many wait staff as guests. Am thinking last night was the end but will see soon as I go down for breakfast if they're still around. They all definitely did themselves up real well.

Wonder if there were any new plans disclosed to manufacture more genetically modified seeds? Hmmmmm.......... I get the need for commercial operations if it gets the crops to market (vs diseased) but when you can't even get organic non-modified seeds for your home garden I sure don't like it.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Was up early and out to breakfast by 8am. This was all that was leftover from the big party on the beach last night - again taken from behind the netting of the restaurant.

I did state in the post above re: toolbox when I posted about the set up for what I termed a workshop and saw the red TOOLBOX on each rectangle desk. I was thinking to me they were probably brainstorming ideas and had to use the 'tools' they found in their toolbox.

Turns out the "toolboxes" on the long tables were BBQs!!!! ;) I couldn't see from far away what all the red boxes were but this morning they were all lined up to be taken away and turns out they were BBQ units.

This guy was very active this morning around the pool. He usually hangs around the grassy areas but today several times he came waltzing around the swimming pool calling and calling ...... guess he was looking for the girls. I was sitting under a cabana and he was out in the sun but I just couldn't get a photo that really showed all his colours.

This was about as exciting as today has gotten - so far.

There is a Market this evening in the Marina but it doesn't start 'til 6pm and it is dark here by 7pm which means I'd be walking back in the dark so don't think I'll go to it. Saturday in City there is a bigger market that starts at 10am so will go to that one. It is all for tourists so mostly just a different type of offering for tourists.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

LLL, tell us more about the resort itself. It's obviously a holiday complex, but what facilities are there? Are there many guests in January? What nationalities? All Inclusive?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

This resort is a large U shaped complex built on Banderas Bay. Fairly old, 7 stories with the entrance building having 9 and was built as an owner occupied condo complex. There are still some units that owners live in year round and some others that owners live in 6 months of the year and other units that get rented out by the week (a week is the minimum stay). Quite a few people come here for 3 or 4 months and when talking to people around the pool it is common for them to say they've been coming here for 10 - 20 yrs. There are 2 restaurants here one on the beach that I like (very informal and buffet type food) and another more formal Restaurant (haven't gone there this trip at all yet). The grounds are gorgeous with 2 swimming pools liked by canals that are swimable. There is a huge conference room that can be divided into 3 or 4 smaller rooms and the entrance to this place is absolutely HUGE with really high arched ceilings, sofas & coffee tables, computer center and another area that has small fancy kitchen type tables and chairs (they'll hold kitchen classes, wine tasting in the evening, sometimes local dancers come in or a singer or mariachi band).

You can opt for all inclusive ($69/day and you have to buy it for the entire week OR a 3 or 5 day package but that MUST include the day you either arrive or leave) or you can totally cook everything on your own but if you opt for that you have to bring in everything. There is a water treatment plant now in Puerto Vallarta so the water is good but I still use bottled water when I'm here for drinking, making tea etc.

The owner and his grandson Lucas tend to hang out in this lobby area. I'd gues-timate the owner to be mid-70ies and the grandson maybe 6-ish or so. I only know him as the Owner because on a previous trip he held a social (drinks and appetizers) for everybody here at that time down on the beach. He gave a speech thanking all the "owners" for living there and enjoying the place and was interacting with some of the people. It was also his Grandsons birthday and he gave everybody a scarf in the colours of the Mexican flag and we all sang 'Happy Birthday.' Except for this he is just an older man who I've seen sitting in the lobby.

A little bit further down this street to the Puerto Vallarta side are huge hotels but on the other side are older buildings like this one and across the street is a golf course and a row of owner occupied row houses. Further down from that is a Marina. Seems this is a mixed neighbourhood of some residential, older condos that got converted into half residential and half rented out to tourists and then the new development of high rise hotels.

All the above being said - soon as I simmer down cause I'm still fairly P O'd about it I'll write up my "experience" when I got here whereby IF I could have gotten a room back to the first hotel I would have been back there now. Instead I've cut down this place to 3 weeks vs a month and will be going back to the hotel for my last week stay here in Mexico.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today was up and on the bus to the Marina. I probably could have walked from here but for a mere 25 cents I can catch the bus and avoid the heat.

Marina is full of huge yachts from all over the world plus lots of boating companies offering fishing tours and experiences i.e. 4 people/4hours for $300USD. Guess that isn't bad if you have hopes of catching a big fish.

Signs all over here anywhere near the water saying basically saying there are crocodiles and do not go into the water. Swimming prohibited.

And today on seeing this guy sunning himself on the rocks in the Marina I get it that the signs are serious.

Yachts are huge and plentiful

Saw this guy sitting and sunning himself

Lots of these growing in the Marina area. Lovely flowers but huge thorns. I think I know their name (Crown of Thorns?) but the variety we get are much smaller and I believe the sap very poisonous.

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Great photos again, LLL! :up What a shame about your present hotel, and having to cut short your holiday by a week! I hope your final week is the best week of all for you.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I am enjoying your travelogue LLL. I think you are giving us a very clear picture of where you are and your pictures are excellent whatever camera you are using. :up

I am guessing you have a story to tell about your arrival at the condo, saving that for later? ;)

Kiya has been gone for four days now, about time we heard from her......have you done that sky dive yet girl? ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm waiting to see photos of Kiya doing the sky dive! I've never done that and unless the plane is going down I'm don't think 'I' will ever be doing that :P :P

Is Kiya actually jumping out a plane OR is she going into one of the tube that blows air UP so it keeps you suspended in the middle like you're sky diving? I think they have the later in Vegas as an event attraction. Still have not personally ever done it but I saw something on a TV travel show about it just a couple years back. Hats off to Kiya if she does do it! :P :P :up :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today I'm busing right across town to a Saturday market in Lazarus Cardenas Park. Will see what it is (although I'm pretty sure it is for tourists)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Kiya said that Roy had booked the sky dive so I am guessing it is the real thing with her strapped to an experienced parachutist.
I don't think you would need to book for the wind tunnel which I have done many years ago in Blackpool.
Hope she has got a helmet cam ;) :lol: