Very curious.......

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Very curious.......

Post by Mad Dilys »

I while ago I bleated about what seemed to be the demise of my Kindle which wouldn't hold a charge.

I looked at the options, and decided against putting my cherished device into another's hands and tried everything I could think of in case it was external rather than internal - I have several connectors and power sources so I tried them all, and Voila!

The answer was to put the Kindle on top of the unplugged Microwave while charging, over the controls - hence magnet to magnet. After a few charges the battery life gradually extended until it was normal. So I started to charge it in the other sockets and gradually the usable time went down and down.

The kindle does have quite a strong magnet in it - I noticed paperclips sticking to it before and I recently, randomly found Microwave magnets for sale on Amazon.

Currently I'm just using the Microwave socket as it seems to work.

Smile! It confuses people
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Very curious.......

Post by Grandad »

Better tell NASA about that MD......maybe they can charge all the gadgets on the ISS on their microwave ;) ;) :lol: :lol:
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Very curious.......

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

WHAT???? That is a first I've ever heard - you charged your Kindle via a Microwave??? Whoaaaaaa (but good on you for figuring that one out!)

I don't know about my Kindle Fire but my newest Kindle the bigger one (Grandad has exactly the same one and I even put mine in the same case along with a bluetooth keyboard for when I travel) has a magnet. I've found bobby pins sticking to it. I didn't think it was the actual Kindle though. I thought it was something in the case & Keyboard as I think those two things have magnets in them so the keyboard doesn't slide around.

Good you got it going. Once going you'll have to try and get whatever games/photos etc off of it and onto something else more secure.