Have I missed something?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Have I missed something?

Post by Grandad »

It has been SO quiet here for the past week or so that I am beginning to wonder if I missed something?
AH! Now I remember, Christmas is approaching fast and perhaps that is taking up all your time good friends?
Whatever, I do miss our usual exchange of banter so if anyone has got anything to say, let's hear from you.......I am feeling lonely ;) :lol: :lol:

I am fed up with my fox avatar and will look for something seasonal....

:gg:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: Have I missed something?

Post by Mad Dilys »

No Grandad, in my case I'm a bit wobbly and the hand shakes make typing (and correcting) tedious. Might be better later - usually when I'm going to bed. :lol:
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

It definitely has been quiet lately. Horus seems MIA totally but I just figured everybody else is busy with the season. I've got the Grandkids coming tomorrow to decorate the Christmas tree as they're out of school at 1:30pm. I'll pick them up, bring them here they'll decorate and then we'll all have a "Jumbo hotdog" (which are really Bavarian sausages) which is their favourite.

Today is the Granddaughters Highland Dance recital and the excitment level over that is way up there. Her next performance will be late spring at the end of the season.

What we should have, instead of an amaryllis growing challenge is a Christmas decorating challenge! :a52: :a52: :a52:

And - so far we haven't had the snowflakes! However am sure Keefy is lurking and they're due to start floating down and about soon.

:a52: :a52: :a52: :a52: :a52: :a52:
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I've been poorly all week with a chest infection, but am now seeing the wood for the trees - or in other words - coming to the end of the antibiotics! We have got the tree out today and decorated it, and DH has put the ceiling decks up with much swearing! We have declared that next year we will get wall decorations instead. ;) Mind you, the decorations we have are about 40 odd years old, so maybe it's time to buy new. I have one more gift coming for GD tomorrow and then I need to get out and gets pressies for the adults and start getting food in. A busy time ahead, methinks. :tk
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I declared a couple years back that I'm not buying or bringing in any special sweets or treats. BAH HUMBUG to sugar. I do have a turkey and all sorts of veggies but I'm not baking any more.

:a52: :a52: :a52: :a52: :a52:

@RS - hope you're feeling better. Don't push a chest infection as it can come back particularly if it was severe enough that you're on antibiotics in the first place. Take it easy :a52:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Grandad nothing to say really apart from Roy being home and turning my house up side down :x

Christmas shopping is done except for the food :) and celebrating Roy's birthday yesterday

hitting the big 30 :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Say Happy Big 30 to Roy from me! Hope he has a fun "turning 30" Birthday.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Grandkids were here today and I got the tree decorated. Bit more difficult this year as I was sorting out all the old plastic ornaments I've used the past couple of years when they were little kids. This year I went back to using all the regular ornaments which are actually quite a bit more fragile.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:Say Happy Big 30 to Roy from me! Hope he has a fun "turning 30" Birthday.

Thank you LLL will do :)
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

We have been swamped with paperwork for our driving licence renewals. Took over a month and numerous visits to various offices on both East and West Bank, half a day at least each time. Finally got them through then went off to El Gouna for a week to recover!

Came back to find out a lovely gentle semi feral cat had been missing & he turned up with dreadful injuries, obviously been attacked by a dog (or more) took him to ACE but had to return next day to have him put to sleep as it was obvious he wasn't going to make it :cry:

No real preparation to do for Xmas, had a Xmas cake made locally & a friend coming over in the morning to share that then we are all going to JJ's with other friends for mulled wine at 3.30 followed by dinner and a film.

Our son is working until 3 in the UK which means it will be 5 for us so will speak to them on Boxing Day.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

:a52: What type of cake did you have made? A Christmas fruit cake with all the candied dried fruits and nuts? :a52:

That one used to be a standard item to make here when I was a child in that we'd make a light fruit cake and a dark fruit cake, wrap them and store them 'til cured for the holiday season. They get lit on fire at the table - was as much of a presentation as the turkey.

Not too sure when people stopped making these but now you can hardly find the ingredients. I loved the light fruit one but haven't made it now for a long long time. Rather stopped as they became expensive to make, took forever to bake and nobody really ate them but they were still delicious.

All the BEST to you and YOURS and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

:a52: :a52: :a52:
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Its a dark fruit cake, looks very pretty with white icing & robins piped on to it. Kay's cakes always taste lovely, as do all her other creations. My favourite is coffee walnut cake & we got one of those as well but that's in the freezer.

Best wishes to you and your family also. :)
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

A Merry Christmas to you all! I will be cooking all day, mainly in preparation for all the family who descend on us tomorrow. On the subject of cake - I hate fruit cake but DH loves it so he has a little one all to himself. The rest of us usually have gateaux, trifle and cheesecake. I used to make the gateau and cheesecake but not these days. They usually come out of the freezer!