Fashions for men's hair and beards. Like or dislike?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Fashions for men's hair and beards. Like or dislike?

Post by Mad Dilys »

For me as long as it is clean, long or short hair suits all kinds of men. Facial hair and plucked eyebrows which are common at present, I'm not so sure about. What do you think?

Smile! It confuses people
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Fashions for men's hair and beards. Like or dislike?

Post by Grandad »

I can't understand why so many men, young and old, let the fuzz grow on their faces. I have to assume that it is laziness and that they cannot be bothered to shave. #2 grandson and the boyfriends of all three grand daughters sport facial hair. If it is kept tidy and well trimmed it looks fine but I still sk the question, why? Older men with grey whiskers makes them look even older IMO.
One of the worst is Jeremy Corbyns. He looks scruffy most of the time and the chin growth doesn't help.
As for hair, I prefer shorter cuts but long hair is OK. I do not like a girlie pigtail on a 'man'. Not mannish at all but girlie in my book.
:gg:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

It's a pity that not all styles of beard and moustaches suit all kinds of men's faces.

The Vet started to wear a moustache when he first qualified in order to make himself look older. It was a pretty shapeless covering of his complete upper lip. He always appeared pretty severe until just after I went to work for him. Then he went on his annual holiday and came back to work very tanned and moustache-less! Quite a few of his clients said they didn't want him, they wanted Mr Vet who was a much older man. He remained clean shaven for 20 years then grew a small goatee, fairly full and not as unappealing as some of the tufts I'm seeing at the moment, but still very aging.

DH (husband #2) also had a moustache but it suited him for years - then one day he accidentally shaved it off. He was very embarrassed about it and quickly regrew it -but he actually looked much nicer with than without. He also grew a beard when he got older, a fairly short one and unshaped. He grew a beard because shaving played hell with his skin, fair enough. Most well trimmed beards I find attractive.

Egyptian barbers, unless instructed otherwise will not only give an excellent shave with a cutthroat razor, they will also trim any nasal hair and ear hair they find plus beetling brows and thread cheeks for an encore!

I'm at a loss to understand why any man wants to wear a little tuft below their bottom lip. Usually they are middle aged and it can really make them look old. ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I don't mind most any style hair on men so long as it appears neat, clean and trimmed although my actual preference is clean shaven. Some facial hair styles IMO do suit the person but usually those are full trimmed beards or full moustaches. I really don't like little tiny bits of hair here or there (goatees) nor do I like the style of pointy sideburns. I like sideburns that are squared off.

Ponytails on men are fairly common here. I really don't like them particularly on guys that are bald on top and are only growing half a head of lower hair and then pulling it back into a pony tail. I actually prefer that men shave their entire head vs having even collar length hair if they're bald on top.

The hairstyle I really do NOT like at all as it always appears super dirty are dreadlocks. They're also fairly common here and to me they look like gross, crud filled tangled hair that hasn't seen a shower & soap in years. I wouldn't want to touch a dreadlock with a ten foot pole. Lots of wearers also pull them all back into a pony tail which is G R O S S + YUCK. The G + Y also goes if that style is on a woman.

I do think full heads of steel grey hair look great.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I forgot to mention Fashionable Stubble. :| It has the same maintenance as clean shaven and still looks scruffy.

Before I was married I had the skin taken off my cheeks many a time a a beau :oops: Might be better to say off my face? :lol:

Yup I agree about Silver Foxes some of them have really improved with age!
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Barry has been sporting "designer stubble" since shortly after we came back to Luxor. He brought his rechargeable shaver with him but after a few days we realised we had left the cable in France :o Just before leaving France we decided to change to a newer stronger one & unfortunately in the change over we must have left the cable in a side pouch of the original case :x Thanks to Souq.com he has now had a new electric shaver delivered & is stubble free again :D
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I don't really like stubble. It just looks - well - it looks like stubble.
bigken

Post by bigken »

Back in January I gave up on razors ( I warned them what would happen if they kept on using them :xx ), i even refused to trim it, then while in Manchester the weekend before going to Egypt back in May i gave in, so 75mins and £22 of her money later it was all nice, tidy and oiled up. Well six months on and its still here, but with the addition of a handle bar moustache :lol: :lol: :lol:, i do get some ear ache to remove it, but i have the granddaughter on my side, so it is staying :br
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Handlebar? As in waxed curled tips?
bigken

Post by bigken »

Yep [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I won't believe it until you post a piccie BK :lol: :lol:
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Ok BK - if you have a full waxed moustache - HOW do you keep it upright? Are you using that much wax it becomes a totally solid feature on your face?? ;)

How do you keep the ends from falling forward?
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Oh I'm a fool for a waxed moustache, people who wear them usually have an often hidden sense of mischief. :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I think it would be imperative you have a sense of mischief if you were sporting facial hair waxed & curled at the ends and probably wider than your face! :))) :))) Can you imagine trying to balance both sides?